• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] "You can swap the current properties"?

Coals McSteel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Farming Shame level 1 fro items to unravel for imbuing. I'm seeing a lot of gear marked as "You can swap the current properties, but you can't imbue new ones". What exactly oes that mean?

Also what does refine mean? Is it the same as reforge?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing has its limits. One of the limits is, that you can imbue only up to 5 propertys onto an item. If an item already has those 5, you can't imbue new ones but you can modify the existing ones. (Like changing intensitys or swapping one slayer on a weapon with another etc)

Refining is something very new to UO. With an refinement (a special loot from various places) you add an extra property to an armour part which changes the caps on you char (or better the char, that wears that item). With diffenret rinements you can in crease your resistance caps and lower your dci cap or vice versa.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Pinco's UI?

If an item has 5 mods you can imbue new mod but can change values for existing mods.

There is a sticked topic about refinement in this forum.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"Swapping Mods" is limited in the following ways.

1. Only properties that are legal results of crafting with a runic can be swapped (so, you can't swap a skill bonus for a different skill on something not jewelry)

2. There has to be sufficient cap room to make the swap (so, if the imbuing weight on a sword is 600, you can't swap 1 slayer for a different slayer)

3. Only a selected family of properties can be swapped
  • On Jewelry, a skill can be swapped for any other skill in the same group. However, as noted in #2, the skill being swapped still has to make the item come in at 500 or less weighted imbuing weight. So, if you wanted to swap +15 Musicianship out for Magery on a jewelry piece with 544 total weight, the Magery would be limited to +10 Magery (5 points lower than the Music skill taken off), because each point of skill is about (100/15)*1.4 = 20/3 * 7/5 = 28/3 = 9.333 points of weight. At +10 Magery, the weighted properties would be between 498 & 499, so you can't take it higher.
  • Slayer properties can be swapped out for any other slayer property; again, if the item is over max weight intensity for its category (450-550, depending on the item), the swap can't occur.
  • Hit Spell effects that can be created through normal runic crafting (not reforging only) can be swapped for a different property in the same category.
  • Hit Area (elemental damage, including physical) effects can be swapped for a different damage category.

Coals McSteel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks

But how do I go about doing this "swap"? Do I use runic tools or is it an inbuing skill and how do I go about it?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I don't understand your question.
There are several mods you can imbue on an item. You can imbue any mod in this list any amount of times (replacing the previous value of the mod with a new one).
All super slayers are different values of the same mod. So you can't imbue two super slayers on the same item. Skills within a group are also different values of the same mod.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So I imbue the new item I want and it will replace the item that's from its same group that's already on the item?
Yes:

For example, Imbuing Demon slayer on a sword with "Troll Slayer" replaces the Troll Slayer with Demon.