• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You ain't nothing but a cheater....

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
rofl.

I just read this thread and saw peon complaining about EC and respect is earned. If you claim she crutches, I can state the same thing about you vexxed and to an even further extent. Your entire suit on sonoma is crutching on CF, Parry, Anatomy, and 40sdi. You chugged in duels and still lost to a 15sdi mystic mage with zero casting focus.

On a side note, glad you got him riled up enough to actually post and make it seem like he was being the bigger person and reaming "pure" to this game. Go Giggles!

Saul

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Never have cheated, never will, and yet been perma banned twice for swearing, get your priorities right Mesanna and team, Nearly every guild i have been in scripts and promotes scripting which is why i am guildless, banned, and drunk.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wonder how many people have stopped pvping because EC is ugly but basically a free cheat. state of UO. a shame.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i wonder how many people have stopped pvping because EC is ugly but basically a free cheat. state of UO. a shame.
*Raises Hand*

I was never a hardcore pvper or anything, but I did pvp at least a few hours a week for years. Until EC came out. I hate EC, I refuse to use EC. It's ugly, it completely ruins the "oldschool feel" of the game and it's still in beta right now. Most people don't realize that EC has been in "beta testing" since 2009. It was never officially released, 6 years later we are still in the EC open beta testing for some reason.

I try to pvp a little bit each year to see if anything has changed....but it just gets worse every year. People who play CC have absolutely no chance against an experienced EC pvp'er. My guildies and I have tested this lots of times. This year I fought a guildie when we were both using CC, and I won about 8/10 times mainly because I had significantly better gear. We had the exact same skills, and are pretty much equal in terms of pvp experience and skill.

Then, the guildie logged into EC and I stayed in CC. Nothing else changed. I lost 9 out of 10 fights with absolutely nothing else different than the first round where I won 8/10.

That last experiment has shown me that no matter what I do, if I do not play EC I cannot win in pvp against someone playing EC, even if I have significantly better gear than they do.

So, since I refuse to play EC, and also refuse to use any of the illegal 3rd party programs, I just do not bother pvping anymore.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Captn Norrington agreed. i find EC too ugly to play, but also dont use third party cheats. pvp is just not an option anymore considering how much of a benefit EC has, to the point where a regular UO player has to risk running third party cheats if they want to compete. something im just not interested in.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Eh, EC has it's perks sure. But I will never use it. 1. It's ugly. 2. No support for my bearded females.
I don't look at it as a hindrance in being able to beat someone who uses it when I use CC, I see it as just another thing to overcome and learn to work around, if you can outplay the person then you can kill them and then it doesn't matter if they use CC or EC, Dead is dead.

Adapt and overcome, if you never have to change the approach you take towards various situations, then where is the fun? I enjoy the fact that I need to be able to recognize who has the advantage of EC in the field, and adjust how I play in regards to their actions or even their presence on the field.

Granted there are some cases of extreme disadvantage, such as 210 stam archers who use EC and pair that with a UCE and Gaming VPN software, allowing them to enter your screen, straight line through you at a dead run and stam block you while using moving shot (I've seen archers with a fireball hitspell on their comp bows who aren't even slowed down by the spell proc when using moving shot).

Again though, there is nothing you're going to be able to really do if you want to be successful in pvp, except simply work around them. Be willing to adapt and change how you play and if need be, learn how to play something else that can better deal with those types of characters because at the end of the day the character you are using might just not cut it.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I exclusively use EC now and have been the protagonist on the 'CC v EC' topic a quite a few times. I think it's a little absurd how many people rag on it (you know, because the CC graphics are just SOOOOOO superior to EC..DERP!), but quite frankly CC just doesn't cut the mustard in terms of use-ability. The newer client SHOULD be the one with the advantages, not the older one. Unless you've played the game since the Clinton administration, the CC also just isn't friendly for returning or new players, IMHO.

However, I will say that the EC client should just have an option to use the CC graphics. That would hopefully bring some of the CC folks over who cite that as their main reason for staying with that ancient software and may calm this the frequency of this debate down a little bit.

Client debate aside - in terms of cheating accusations - I get them frequently because I run fast as people on speeders (even though I don't use any 3rd party programs). Frankly, I just have a new computer (Lenovo E540 with i7 processor and a pretty high overclock processing speed) and a high end internet connection. Equipment matters too.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I got accused of cheating a cpl days ago. I somehow magically am able to know when the dismount wears off and have another dismount ready EVERY TIME.
How do I do that??? IT HAS TO BE CHEATING! OMGWTFBBQ