• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yo! Everyone check your Email for Newsletter #10!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Magnus, it would have to be loads better than Magic Moments was. For that kinda fee, their service was awful. I went to two of the weddings they did, the first one, the couple only got the invitations to give out the day before the wedding-needless to say they just handed em out at the wedding at souvenirs lol. Plus the emcee was 20 minutes late getting there.

The other Magic Moments wedding, I got my invite in a fairly timely manner, but then I was asked to perform the ceremony by the couple after we stood around for 30 mins waiting for the pro to show up.

Great idea, implementation and supervision were total ****pile.
I never bothered relying on the GM to show up and do the event... We had friends do them... I performed one or two at my Theatre the other was done by a friend at his house... I think another was performed by another friend out at the Waterfall near Justice...

Personally I enjoyed the other parts... the engraved rings, the invitations.... and the certificates... Those had meaning.

Other things they could give that would be nice would be a new 3 tiered Wedding Cake... New wedding dress... and maybe some new shoes for the bride... a bouquet of flowers that can later be placed with a vase... or something... And colored what the couple would like.

Could give the new couple a pair of lovebirds that sit on that perch...

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Magnus, it would have to be loads better than Magic Moments was. For that kinda fee, their service was awful. I went to two of the weddings they did, the first one, the couple only got the invitations to give out the day before the wedding-needless to say they just handed em out at the wedding at souvenirs lol. Plus the emcee was 20 minutes late getting there.

The other Magic Moments wedding, I got my invite in a fairly timely manner, but then I was asked to perform the ceremony by the couple after we stood around for 30 mins waiting for the pro to show up.

Great idea, implementation and supervision were total ****pile.
So par for course? Their new service won't even come close to the potential that this one had.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do we have to wait for publish 95 to get the Thanksgiving food table from the cornucopia? Has anyone gotten one? I have not. I get coffee plant, speedy pig and food. :(

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bods have always been a system scripters take care of.... I'm not saying no one does them by hand, I'm just saying if you're doing them by hand, it's not worth it... let someone script them and buy up their rewards... legit players should farm peerless, bosses, etc. - unless they find ways to reduce/stop scripting bods will continue to not be worth doing for legitimate players.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm really hoping that this holiday crafting event isn't anything like the horridly sadistic gargish plague cure event where only an infinitesimal minority of players were rewarded. Heads. Will. Roll.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope the bod system is not a pts based system because getting pts from items given to you that require no skill to obtain has proven to be a bad idea in every mmorpg out there.
I'm hoping it is point based, so I can turn in enough junk bods to get something worthwhile, instead of playing the odds with the RNG and trying to get a bod worth doing. If we STILL HAVE TO HAVE A FEW SELECT BODS OUT OF DOZENS OF CHANCES to get anything worthwhile, then this was NOT a bod revamp, merely adding a few new trinkets to the existing system (toss em something shiny so they will shut up for a bit).

"pts from items given to you that require no skill to obtain" I call BS on, since we worked up the skills necesssary and mined the ores and gathered whatever ingredients have to be used for the other bods

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm really hoping that this holiday crafting event isn't anything like the horridly sadistic gargish plague cure event where only an infinitesimal minority of players were rewarded. Heads. Will. Roll.
(I was that person ... hehe)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(I was that person ... hehe)
*shakes fist*

On GL, we'd figured out the system was going to be as draconian as it was and got people to agree to max out with a certain number of cures, so the top end would be fairly large.

Then ONE PERSON screwed everyone over by lying to get extra sugar and dumped all her cures on one character. :cursing:

We enjoyed watching her castles fall. :devil:

Worst. Event. EVER.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah, I did nothing but that event for 3 months straight just to get the sleeves and in the end it was so worth it - I enhanced them for even more resist - they're awesome (and the alchemy necklace isn't half bad either :) )