• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yew Tables

I

Isolde

I am trying to place yew tables in a formation that is two side by side and then four or so overlapped down the length of what will be a long dining table. I have the two side by side, but I am having a very difficult time placing the tables in an overlapping formation so they will make the length of the table and not have any spaces in between. Does anyone have any tricks or suggestions for me?

G

You can either put down boxes where you want the tables to go, put the tables inside and then use a hatchet on the boxes. Also you can place a trash barrel (I wish to place a trash barrel), put the table inside, and then use an axe on it. I don't recommend this method for anything that is valuable. Also you can get a blue beetle, put the item on it, and have the blue beetle stand where you want it to then tell it to drop. That might be easiest...

Mount your blue beetle and stand at one end of where the table will end up being. Hop off and walk one tile away along the line of where the tables will be. Put the table on the beetle and say "Name drop" where name is the name of the beetle - can only be one word I believe. Walk one tile along the line of where the tables will be and repeat the procedure. You'll be dropping tables behind you in a nice row. Don't worry if they are crooked, you can use the int dec tool to turn them. Do the same thing for the next line.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just do the same thing with yew tables. I was able to get them to stack by turning them with a deco tool.

My problem now is placing objects like candelabras and flowers on the table. I can place them, but then if I move them up high enough so they are not sticking under part of the overlapped table, they are too high and look off offcenter.

Will using one of the methods described above help me with that problem?

I

Isolde

I am astounded! The beetle method worked perfectly!!!! Oh, the frustration I could have saved myself had I asked earlier! *grins* Thank you very much!

G

If someone has a way to arrange items on the table without running smack against the dumb layer limit issue, I would love to hear it...I haven't figured a workaround myself yet.

This table was a total pain to set up. I gave up on silverware, and ended up staggering the cups to make it look halfway decent. I placed most of the items that were to go on the table first, then locked them down, raised them up as high as they would go with the deco tool, then placed my tables, and lowered the items into position. (Placing the plates first and using them as a frame of reference on the tile was easiest for me).

-Skylark

G

Yay! It's a pretty handy method. Also very useful for things like mini monsters statuettes say if you wanted to have a demon riding on the back of a dragon, since you can't normally place two vet stats on the same tile, just put them both in the beetle and have them drop. =D

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yay! It's a pretty handy method. Also very useful for things like mini monsters statuettes say if you wanted to have a demon riding on the back of a dragon, since you can't normally place two vet stats on the same tile, just put them both in the beetle and have them drop. =D

[/ QUOTE ]

*gasps*

Are you saying you are stooping to have your beetle to do your evil deco dirty work??

I am SHOCKED. See, this emotie proves it! ---&gt;

-Skylark

P.S. Glad to know of a work-around. Magic of another object interfering, indeed!

*wanders off grumbling about lazy programmers*

G

Pffbt my blue beetle is off in the kitchen right now making me dinner. You think I do anything myself if I can help it??