• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yet another sampire question

M

mae var

Ok im totally new to the sampire scene, i usually play mage templates. So my thoughts for a doom sampire. (Yes i want to farm arties)

120 fencing (leafblades look nice)
100 Tacts
80 Chiv
99 Necro
120/100 Bush (if i so only GM where should i spend the other 20 points? Tactics/Chiv/Heal/Resist/Anat?)
100 Healing
101 Resist/Anat
This can be done with no +skill jewels so i could play alil here and there.

Thoughts to reach 300 DI:
200 from slayer
46 EOO
14 DF
40 Weapon

Leaving healing thru:
Pots
Weapon Leech
Vamp & Curse weapon Leech
Aids

My thoughts are with no SSI needed (would go for 180 dex but only 150 is needed for 1.25 swings with leafblade) i would take Life Leech, Mana Leech, Slayer, 40 DI, and either HCI/DCI/Hit spell/Stam Leech/HLA (what would you recommend?) I assume i would need max DCI with no parry (is it doable in doom with no parry?) Is it doable in doom with no resist and GM anat so my heals (both thru aids and leeches) would be more? Any other thoughts or ideas? If i missed something that is a basic please don't flame just call me a newb sampire and inform me of my oversight.

Basic play style would be healing thur leeches and aids and pots. Staying up on Stam with pots and DF (possible a weapon mod.) Go in with a swampy and feint my arse off to keep damage down while leeching to stay alive. Damage with 30DI i would think to be acceptable. Mana being used for Chiv Buffs and feint/AI. Hack and Slash. Rinse and Repeat.

Thanks in advance!
Your soon to be fellow sampire

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You need to have resisting spells in your template if you are going to use your sampire in Doom. One ill-timed blood oath and you'll be dead. I haven't re-tooled my Doom sampire for pub 71 yet, but he is the following:

120 Mace Fighting
120 Bushido
120 Parrying
100 Tactics
100 Resisting Spells
99 Necromancy
61 Chivalry

The weapon skill doesn't matter as they all have useful weapons. Based on the recent changes, I can't advise on the optimum Chivalry. But if you are going to run Doom, you want to use a Conjurer's Trinket and a Demon Slayer weapon. Since that means you'll have at least one slayer on the weapon, 100 DI, and you will use perfection, you probably can continue to get by with 61 Chivalry. I'm testing 80 and 100 separately to see which one works the best.

On a side note, I've gone away from the lightning strike centric approach for sampire of old and use mainly Armor Ignore. To do this, you need to have at least 300 skill points in weapon skill and 40 LMC. I think it is well worth the investment. This thread (http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-warrior/239329-my-newest-sampire.html) has a ton of good info. Just remember, that for any necro casters (i.e. Doom) you'll want resist instead of anatomy.

-OBSIDIAN-

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok im totally new to the sampire scene, i usually play mage templates. So my thoughts for a doom sampire. (Yes i want to farm arties)

120 fencing (leafblades look nice)
100 Tacts
80 Chiv
99 Necro
120/100 Bush (if i so only GM where should i spend the other 20 points? Tactics/Chiv/Heal/Resist/Anat?)
100 Healing
101 Resist/Anat
This can be done with no +skill jewels so i could play alil here and there.

Thoughts to reach 300 DI:
200 from slayer
46 EOO
14 DF
40 Weapon

Leaving healing thru:
Pots
Weapon Leech
Vamp & Curse weapon Leech
Aids

My thoughts are with no SSI needed (would go for 180 dex but only 150 is needed for 1.25 swings with leafblade) i would take Life Leech, Mana Leech, Slayer, 40 DI, and either HCI/DCI/Hit spell/Stam Leech/HLA (what would you recommend?) I assume i would need max DCI with no parry (is it doable in doom with no parry?) Is it doable in doom with no resist and GM anat so my heals (both thru aids and leeches) would be more? Any other thoughts or ideas? If i missed something that is a basic please don't flame just call me a newb sampire and inform me of my oversight.

Basic play style would be healing thur leeches and aids and pots. Staying up on Stam with pots and DF (possible a weapon mod.) Go in with a swampy and feint my arse off to keep damage down while leeching to stay alive. Damage with 30DI i would think to be acceptable. Mana being used for Chiv Buffs and feint/AI. Hack and Slash. Rinse and Repeat.

Thanks in advance!
Your soon to be fellow sampire
I would recommend

120 fencing
min 115 bushido ( not failing momentum strike)
115 resist at least ( if you spend the points on it, do it right )
min 110 tactics ( maybe 120 as elf, humans got free 20 anatomy)
99 necro
80-90 chiv
remaining points into parry for mana discount and evasion

No healing, because healing without anatomy will not help you much.

Leafblade has to have stam leech and mana leech, and you need hld somewhere. I would not recommend dark father without 20 ssi, as he isnt that easy if you did never play such a char before.
If i have slots left on weapon , i prefer hla over life leech.
Demon slayer + conjurer's trinket are optimal for dark father.

Practice a bit before and see for yourself if you want ssi on weapon or not, maybe start with gd's and paragon balron/succubi/lich lord.

Also, you will run out of pots there or they may get looted, so you have to live with pots from npc vendor.

You need 100di from items, then either
super slayer+eoo
super slayer+perfection
perfection + eoo
single slayer
perfection + crushing blow (or infused throw)
super slayer + crushing blow ( or infused throw)
double slayer ( 2x undead or repond+vermin)

will put you to the damage cap.It seems at 120 chiv eoo+consecrate can replace either super slayer or perfection with pub 71.
There are even more strange variants to get to damage cap, but list would get to long then ;)

Oh, and two rules of thumb.
1) dont use divine fury with 1-handed weapons, waste of mana
2) swampie will die

That said, its not worth the time doing doom for arties. Drop rate is insanly low and only 2 or 3 arties are really usable and are worth anything these days.
Its fun going there now and then, and thats it.