• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yet another pet loss from the server down bug...

N

Nematode

Hi fellow tamers,

Ive done a search on this forum and found others whom have lost pets due to this server down bug.

Ive also the misfortune to join these ranks of players during the last server down, though the circumstances may be a bit different.

I was in a fel dungeon doing a champ spawn when I accidentally dismounted and my paroxy swampy got killed. I "all stay" his ghost and continued with the spawn. Completed the champ and had around 15 mins before server goes down. Silly me, but we were party-chatting till it went down, without rezzing my swampy.

Needless to say, I logged back in without any sign of the ghost. Went searching everywhere, relogging everywhere, "all follow me" everywhere. I even logged on a disused char on another shard for the heck of it.

Its a sentimental pet for me, being the first paroxy swampy Ive gotten solo after seeing someone riding one. He was with me during my 8-month absence from UO, and was around when I came back.

Hope this could serve as a warning to all who read this to not let your pet stay as a ghost nearing server down time, regardless if you were next to it or not.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should always be mounted or stable your pets near server down. Logging out with them has never been a guarantee they wouls stay with you. Sorry for your loss.

Y

Yen Sid

Check the stable, I have had a ghost pet in the stable before. Worth a shot anyway.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check the stable, I have had a ghost pet in the stable before. Worth a shot anyway.
I've had a few ghost pets end up in the stables too. Once I was doing mel with a few other people. We didnt fair very well, and we all died before she did. I had a cu sidhe with me that day, and needless to say it died also. I left it up with mel while I left to get rezzed and what not. After I was alive again I logged out and logged back in expecting my pet to come back to me as usual. When I logged back in it didn't come back. I checked my follower slots and it said I had 0/5. I was very disappointed, as it was my favorite cu sidhe and I thought I had lost it forever. After a bit of moping I checked my stable, and sure enough he was in there. I pulled him out and he was a ghost. I rezzed him and after that he was fine. Sometimes wonky things happen like that. Sorry for your loss. :(

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the server goes down while you are playing it isn't considered actually logging out. Your pet will not be auto stabled and will lose loyality and simply go wild. The server saves you as online during back up and simply loads that info at server up.

Here is another example dealing with guild mates and server down. If your guildies are logged in during server down and you peek at your guild roster at server up, it will show those people still 'online' even if they aren't. Since the server never registers an actual logout it will still treat them as if they are logged in.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG THAT'S HOW I LOST MY PACK LAMA - POOR LAMA !! AHHHH BOOO IT WAS GREY SO I KILLED HIM NO MURDER COUNT : o (

HE UNBONDED SO I JUDO CHOP THE LAMA FACE NOMURDERCOUNTS JUST WHOOPAH JUDO FLASH!!

THIS OTHER LAMA MOCKED HIM DOWN O_O

Attachments