• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Yet another account hacked!!!!

C

CRIMINAL

Hello this is CRIMINAL from Napa
and i just got hacked.
It happened last night.
They took all of my rares, all my gold, all my artifacts and all my rubble.
This will be a partial list of what i had. So if you see any of it on Napa please let me know. I cannot afford to buy any of them back but i would really like just to know where they went. I guess ill never know that though.
Ok here it is:
Magical Door
Serandos book of memories
Serverbirth Large Vase and Small Vase
Flask Stand
Singing Ball
2 Bloody Bandages
Bloody Water
Wash Basin
Spitoon
Deamon Scale
Ruined Painting
Candle of Love
Gold Chessboard
4 Connected Bottles (Brown bottles and Green bottles)
Yew Wine
Full set of Pagan Regs
Pile of Snowballs
Empty Jar
Rift Pillar
Rubble Fire
4 Piece Boat Rubble
Rubble Stump
Rubble Palm, Coconut, and Yucca
2 Full Rubble 2 Piece Rocks
Ghost Anchor
2 Piles of Wood rubble
2 Full Rubble Tapestries
Dirty Pot and Pan
Brown Bananas
2 Large Diamonds
Old Plate with something about dragons in the sky or something
Set of the New Plate and Scout armor from the ticket system
Stool like the one in Inu's Cell
Cards 2 handed 3 cards each
Rubble table weighing 100 stones
alot of rubble tables like the bar you can place in customization mode
Wig
Rubble Moongate Rock
2 Rubble morning glories 1 green and 1 grey
Red Bowl of Peas
2 Open books 1 facing west and 1 facing north
Portrait of Lady in Red not a fished up item
Shackles
3 full Rubble High Benches
Large Rubble Plain Table
Large Muffin
Blue Muffin
Paladin Sword
Order of the Serpent Shield
Mistas Cider
Red Strength Potion
2 Piece of Blackrock
Full Juggernaut Set
Full Intered Grizzle Armor set
All Tokuno Majors in multiple
Crimson Cinture
Armor of Fortune
2 Hat of the Magi
Ornament of the Magician
Vesper Chaos Shield
Pendant of the Magi
Full Lamp Set
Knight of Luna Surcoat
Crystalinne Ring
Full Set of Vet Robes and Cloaks oh wait they missed the Jet Black cloak in my bag
and they left me with my pair of blessed sewn shoes
Millions in gold
my house which was on my own island
and alot of other stuff that i might now be able to remember at this time
I would just like to say thank you to all that have helped save what they could from the supposed IDOC
And if anyone has any info about any of this please let me know or post it here.
It just goes to show you. YOU cant trust many people out there. and now i will not trust anyone who i dont know already.
So this will be the end of my Rares Collecting career.
I hope this is a sobering reminder that you cant trust pixel people no matter how friendly and helpful they can be
So long :mad:

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry to hear your lost. Do you know how you were hacked?

Z

zolo8

Happened to me once from an account i bought. Do you use icq? IM? what email?

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just wondering... where you buying gold also? like Nine Moons

P

PoCove

Wow sorry to hear that .. you have some very nice items ..

I hope this is not a norm this will very much spoil the game for some .. We put a lot of time and effort into this gathering of rares .. I have a very small account compared to most colectors .. but still I dont want it to happen to anyone

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! Lot's of items, some of which I've never even seen! I'm sorry to hear of your loss:(
If I can help in any way please let me know. Since Napa is my home shard, if you need help getting a new home I can help (with all the spring clean up things I donated I should downsize and get rid of one of my Keeps anyway).

As someone else asked, did you too buy gold like nNne Moons? If so perhaps you bought from the same gold seller? I'm not sure what I'd do if I ever got hacked (probably think about quitting) and lost so much, but please take some time to mull things over.

The offer stands, if you need any help let me know. If you need a new home I will give you a choice of Tram Keep or Fel Keep. Actually I know of another spot that a Fel Keep can be placed, so if you want you can have two keeps;)

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CRIMINAL !!! HOLY SH*T!!! I am so sorry to hear they got you too :(
It sounds like it was the same @SSH0LES since they dropped your house too (but didn't delete your chars)
:(
So that's 2 of us that got hacked on Napa within a few days of each other (me last Thursday & you yesterday). MAN... If you want to compare notes and see if we know or buy anything from someone in common, lemme know... :(

G

Goliath

I hear of 'hacking' constantly in UO yet I have not really experienced it (thank God) nor seen another experience it close to me. How do people end up being hacked?

K

kray2s

Jeez man sorry to read that list of what u've lost!!

what the hell is going on? are more peope being hacked than ever before is it just more people are telling when it happens!!

Surely there mus be something that we / EA can do to add a little more security to our accounts!

I hope you manage to recover some of the items :(

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i can feel your pain, 3 years ago i nearly quit the game for good when my castle suddenly "fell" it was the oldest castle on the napa valley shard in the felucia desert where there is no way to place one again. i lost my entire collection , hundreds of rares . in the end i picked up the pieces , moved to origin and restarted my collection. im still picking up pieces i had lost .. thanks kaj for the bone pile and server rock, i had lost both of those when i lost that one. dont give up hope!

M

Mudd

When I got hacked (main shard was Napa) they got about 1.5bil. Funny thing was that they didn't even check the other shards (had about 100m on other shards) so they knew I was from Napa, wasn't just some random hacking. Sucks to play Napa I guess -.-

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could be, however in all fainess you were posting all over the boards about that time, about quiting the game and selling all your items on Napa. So the Scum Bags coulda just figured that that was what you had. No one ever said these Scum Bags were smart, just really lousy people.

BTW sorry for your loss also, did you ever figure out how they got you? The more of these things you hear about, the more paranoid ya get:(

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I got hacked (main shard was Napa) they got about 1.5bil. Funny thing was that they didn't even check the other shards (had about 100m on other shards) so they knew I was from Napa, wasn't just some random hacking. Sucks to play Napa I guess -.-
MUDD - same exact thing for me. if they'd checked my chars on other shards they'd have found gold and a lot of items. it does seem like someone is targetting napa players, which freaks me out... makes me feel paranoid all over again! and very sorry to hear you were hacked too :(

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i) Keep your account email to yourself. Dont use it for anything else. Don't even check it yourself. Forget about it.
ii) Don't chatter about real life things with other players unless it is someone you trust. Even then be cautious.
iii) Don't download things from other UO players. Don't visit non-stratics UO websites.
iv) Don't buy game-time code for gold.

Some of the precautions that you should take.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i) Keep your account email to yourself. Dont use it for anything else. Don't even check it yourself. Forget about it.
ii) Don't chatter about real life things with other players unless it is someone you trust. Even then be cautious.
iii) Don't download things from other UO players. Don't visit non-stratics UO websites.

Sounds like some VERY good advice ! I for one plan on following it!

L

Lariat

I don't know if I'd be quite THAT strict, as there are other websites that have proven themselves just fine (uoforums, uoguide, etc)

E

envinyatar

I would add have a separate email for every account and a separate one for your paypal. Don't make them similar to each other or your uo logins and don't use the same passwords for anything.

G

Gunn4r

It's horrible what happened Crim.... I'm glad myself and Gentle were able to do what we could to save what was there and keep the house spot for you. If only we could have caught the little ******* in the act!!

-Crysis

P

PoCove

There is a rash of Hacking going on these days .. A friend was hacked last night or yesterday on Oceania .. All I hope is that they are caught and it does not happen to me ....

Sorry to hear about your losses

C

CRIMINAL

I would just like thank everyone who posted on my behalf.
I will be taking a good look at all of my accounts and password.
Thank you all for your kind words.
Its just sad that a person would do such a thing.
I hope nobody has to go through that.
Take care everyone

K

ken01

Sorry to hear about the loss . Very glad I dont play napa. very glad ive never collected rares and a hacker would be disatisfied to say the least if he hacked my accounts LOL. On a more seriouse note I am guessing Napa is tappped somewhat after helping other rescently hacked collectors like nine dark moons. And shard transfers are down atm. But there is a way to help build up crims gold supply so he can start over a little easier. Anyone can log a newbie char on do the ethereal fortress quest and give him some 25k points tickets to seel. Their price is dropping but still bring in pretty good gold and all it takes is a little time. I am somewhat overcommitted doing this as a crossshard thing but Ill try and run acouple through napa to donate.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clarification: When I said don't visit non-stratics UO website, I really meant to say don't visit sites that you are not sure of. I wrote that in a hurry.

Obviously other sites like uoguide, lostlands etc. are safe.

SoYouThinkYouKno

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see alot of "hacking" talk. Just so you all know, No One is being "Hacked" people are just being ignorant, this is nothing more than simple phishing basics 101 extremely easy to do and if you guys are dumb enough to leave your emails or accts open like that then you deserve what you get, lack of common sense and ignorance is no excuse.

Player A: Hey im looking to buy some gold

Player B: Hey ive got some for sale, whats your paypal addy ill send you a request.

Player A: Its [email protected]

Player B: ok ill send it here ina bit (then purses seemingly harmless convo)

*Player B* Looks at secret Q and A on hotmail.com

*Player B* See's secret Q is "first pet name"

Player B: oh **** man this sucks, omfg damn :(

Player A: whats wrong man??

Player B: My first pet just died :( it really sucks i loved that dog

Player A: aww man im really sorry to hear that my first pet was a dog too, they sure do make great pets.

Player B: ya he really was special to me, his name was max.

Player A: damn man im sorry to hear that, that does suck. My first pets name was Max also, thats crazy.

*Player B* Checks secret A.....It Works.

*Player B* Waits Patiently till Player A gets offline.

and this is just a brief run through of what actually happens.