• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yes you can - taming a 2-slot naja with a (almost) beginner char

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there -

stated elsewhere (uohall) that for nostalgic reasons I started new on Drachenfels. Got a "Deluxe Starter Pack" that includes one week of accelerated skill gain and managed to get taming (among other skills I gm'ed) to 90 real skill (from 50 = starting skill). I bought (well, yes. sry. not tough at all, I know!) a cu from new mag to have (after this week) a serious pet first to train and then to use it to make some money to buy those few scrolls you can find there (Drachenfels is a curious shard - nothing to buy actually, some players have vendors that sell essentials like spellbooks etc., but you wont get much other stuff there). Found a 110 taming and 110 lore (happy dance), slayed arctic ogre lords till I got the money to buy them. Found 2 cheap jewels giving me 110 taming. Looted low level garg pieces for 100% lrc suit (it's a garg tamer. well, think elf would have been more smart choice :)).

And now? I thought: Let's try and do something that is at least some sort of challenge, try to tame a 2 slot naja in Eodon! With these crappy skills, no armor, just 100% lrc, no honor, no peace, lead taming and invis and proving that you don't need developed chars to get "high level taming pets". Didn't think I would be successful, and counted my small money left asking myself how many deaths I could take with insurance (only the jewels were insured).

Tah-Dah! 45 mins (? maybe slightly more) gameplay, naja is in the stables (2-slot, 181 dex, 791 health, 154 resist skill). Deaths = 0 (although I got close several times, poison is strong). First pulled naja to a more remote part; slowed him down with some blade spirits (magery = 90, so at least invis comes for sure, but casting EV's = no go). Had macro with "use skill taming - last target" to spam. And then just floating around it, getting the blue message, and invis - become visible again - invis precast and getting it off, when naja aggros - and repeat. 14 taming tries were needed, then it turned blue. Now it's in Skara stable and waits for bonding...

So if you think you can only be successful in this game if you can rely on "developed chars and great items" - no. You can do at least some things on a very basic level.

Regards, Fizzle

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AMEN. Doing things from the scratch, a fresh start, that's real fun.