• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yes, I finally got an Ex 20 Valorite Bod.

• Thread starter Danger Mouse
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Danger Mouse

After years of playing and 1000's of Bods collected I finally got my first one.

Too bad it's for Bucklers. Now I cant wait to fill that sucker and get my sweet reward of a +15 PS. SWEET...................LOL

Anyways, I dont mean this to be a pancakes thread but I always figured that when I finally got a Val hammer Bod I would do a post here about it. I just expected that it would have been like 5 years ago.

I really haven't played for the last few years and just started playing again regularly. I used to run multiple smith's for a few years collecting a few timers a day. I dont even really care anymore.

It is what it is.

U

UOKaiser

After years of playing and 1000's of Bods collected I finally got my first one.

Too bad it's for Bucklers. Now I cant wait to fill that sucker and get my sweet reward of a +15 PS. SWEET...................LOL

Anyways, I dont mean this to be a pancakes thread but I always figured that when I finally got a Val hammer Bod I would do a post here about it. I just expected that it would have been like 5 years ago.

I really haven't played for the last few years and just started playing again regularly. I used to run multiple smith's for a few years collecting a few timers a day. I dont even really care anymore.

It is what it is.
Congratulations I think. Though you should read the changes. You should be turning in 1000's of bods every other week depending on your time. And not more than 1 legendary smith. So you can remove the other smiths if you still have them.

D

Danger Mouse

Thanks I guess....I guess it will make nice deco. It isn't worth the valorite to turn that one in.

I only run one Legendary smith at this time. I got rid of my other smith's years ago.

Does anyone have a link to a post or a page explaining Bod changes? These boards run so slowly on my computer. Thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Blacksmith FAQ sticky above this post has the information.

The most important part for you is that in 2005, they made it to where when you turn in a filled BOD, you restet the BOD timer, and can immediately request a new one.

So, you can take 100 iron BODs, turn them in one at a time, requesting a new BOD immediately after getting the reward, and get a new BOD. so, if you can turn in 5 BODs a minute, you will end up with 100 brand new BODs 20 minutes later.

The second important thing for you to know, is that the number of iron armor BODs goes down after 110 skill, as of a change in February 2008.
- Below 110 skill, 50% of BODs are weapons (which you'll turn in for new BODs as noted above), 25% are colored metal armor BODs, and 25% are iron armor BODs.
- 110.0 to 119.9, this changes to 50% weapon, 35% colored armor, and 15% iron armor.
- At 120 skill, it's 50% weapon, 45% Colored Armor, and only 5% iron armor BODs.

Between those two changes, it's much easier to get colored armor BODs for smiths.

And, they also fixed the missing parentheses that made smith larges way too common when they made the above changes to the BOD chances.

What the others suggest for more BODs, is to put 0.1 smith on non-smith characters, and you can get extra iron BODs every hour for your 120 smith to turn in for possible replacement color BODs. It's what has effectively replaced accounts of dedicated BOD runners for most smiths.

D

Danger Mouse

Awsome info thanks. I new about the 2005 changes, I was playing alot back then. I had no idea about the colored Bod chances though.
I had noticed that I got PoF Bods alot more often than in the past so I knew something had changed. (I also noticed PoF selling for next to nothing in luna, guess thats why)
I've got a book with 500 weapon Bods and a ton of iron so i guess at least that gives me something to do.