• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yay!!!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got pk'd for the first time the other night. It was too funny. I was running around with my new salvage rig collecting odds and ends from left over Rat ships. Well, a few of them I figured would be fine if I took the items left in the cargo pods that were left after salvaging the ships.

Yep, marked me as a criminal aggressor by doing this. (like I'm not used to this from my other game experience). Well, I stayed in the wrong area a bit too long doing this. Here I am in my destroyer which isn't very well setup for PvP, but I still thought I'd have time to warp off if I saw someone enter the area. ROFL.

My first encounter with a Manticore Stealth Bomber loaded with Cruise missiles. Very funny. Out of nowhere...I get hit with a missile. It takes my ship to about half life. While I scrambled to hit the warp to the nearest station...the second missile hit me. OMG!!! That was great. It was like the rush you used to get when attacked by a red or group of reds in Ultima. I suppose if I am going to be playing the space looter, I am going to need to bank my goods more often and find some cheaper ships to run around in, lol. Either way, still had fun, even if I did get dusted rather quickly...la

T

Traveller

As I imagined you are trying the ninjalooter way. Some suggestions:

1) ditch the destroyer. Yes, it has cargo and 8 slots for salvagers, but is less agile, easier to lock, and probably too expensive for your finances to lose on a regular basis. Destroyers are excellent to loot your own missions, because of the 8 high slots that allow you to fit salvagers AND tractor beams. But when you go ninja looting you can't use the tractors so the 8 slots just for salvagers are a bit of overkill. My suggestion is to use a frigate with 4 high slots. I use a merlin because it has lots of CPU that allow me to fit 2 WCS with ease but it is slower than other frigs that can do the same jobs. Any such ship and T1 fittings costs less than half a mil.

2) Also you'll find yourself wondering whether you want to fit warp core stabilizers or inertia stabilizers in the lowslots. Basically if you are worried about stealth bombers probably you'll want inertia stabs to warp away as soon as they decloak, while if you are more worried about the random player aggro you'll find WCS a better choice.

And to be correct, you have not been PKed, just blown up. To be PKed wait until they kill your pod with those expensive implants. :)

PS: I love my nemesis. :)

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay getting ganked!

I also recommend learning to use the directional scanner and leaving it up TSR.

D

Devilengine

Yeah... I use a Tristan for my cheapie ninja-looting. Decent amount of slots and it doesnt break my bank for when I lose it. It's a maneuverable little biscuit too.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, soooo much to learn. Thanks for tips. I'll definately switch over to the frigate...definately a lot cheaper to replace. That being said, I have started training so I can fly the stealth ships...LOL, that was great...la

T

Traveller

@devil: yes, I used the tristan too, until I realized I wanted two WCS, to have a chance to evade ganks. The merlin is the only frig that fits the bill (I really like that boatload of CPU), unfortunately it's slower than the tristan.

@rico: You know, I would NEVER have guessed that you would have gone towards the covert ops. Never. Really. :)

D

Devilengine

I really like those Caldari missile boats. Long range is fun period, be they missiles or long range accelerator cannons.

@devil: yes, I used the tristan too, until I realized I wanted two WCS, to have a chance to evade ganks. The merlin is the only frig that fits the bill (I really like that boatload of CPU), unfortunately it's slower than the tristan.

@rico: You know, I would NEVER have guessed that you would have gone towards the covert ops. Never. Really. :)

D

deadeye

I got popped once a few months ago while I was slow boating it to a jump gate. Lost a drake to two Ravens. Last time I used autopilot lol.

S

swiftoni

eve is a great gaame dont get me wrong but after deadeye left are corp it died and i just gave up on the game.

I

ice5211

www.items4eve.com
We provide mostly everything in eve-online with cheap and fast service.Plz just took few minutes to see it,we will never let you down!!!:wall:

:cursing:EVE-Online ISK 、EVE Online Ships 、EVE Online Items EVE Online Drones、 EVE Online Blueprints、 EVE Online Implants 、 EVE Online Skills EVE Online Accounts
EVE Online ISK ,EVE Online Items ,Assault Ships,Battlecruisers,Battleships,Black Ops,Capital Industrial Ships,Command Ships,Covert Ops Cruisers,Destroyers,Dreadnoughts,Electronic Attack Frigates,Exhumers
Frigates,Heavy Assault Ships,Heavy Interdictors,Industrial Ships Interceptors,Interdictors,Jump Frigates
Logistics,Marauders,Mining Barges,Recon Ships,Transport Ships