• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] YAY Finally got tinker legs :)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have finally got a pair after about 50-60 kills :)

Just spent all night rearranging my suite to fit them in but iv either got to loose the HLD from mace and shield for the folded steels to make up the 15 dci [stats wont be affected as of the 5 dex on legs and having 153 str anyway].

Or run with only 35 DCI and change my robe out loosing 2 in each stat to 150 [150 hp]/148 [178 stam]/ 68 mana.

What do people thing is more important or whould be best, HLD and 30 DCI or 45 DCI or 30 HLD 35 DCI 2 less stats?

Thanks

Thunderz

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Thunderz, love your sampire posts. I'm wondering about a few things tho with ssi and stam. Have you used http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.php or know if its accurate? According to that, 180 stam and 35 ssi all you need to get the min swing speed of 1.25 (with and ornate of course)
The calculator doesn't seem to take into effect ssi over 35, but if the 180 stam is correct, then its all you would need anyway. It would free up ssi on the actual weapon tho, which would be a plus. Any info on this, or if you know if the calculator i listed is out of date, or if you know of a better one would be helpful. Thanks, and congratulations on the Tinker legs, they are sick!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, i didn't even answer your original question. Ive been wondering about the hld and if its useful in pvm or just pvp myself. Maybe someone else will know this. From my last post, i would personally make it a priority to keep stam at or above 180, but not quite sure on this if that calculator i listed is outdated. I would try to keep dci at 45. So short answer according to what i know, ditch the hld, lower ssi on weapons, keep Dex at 180. Like i said tho, im basing all this off that calculator that im not quite sure about.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as i know it is right, the reason for having more is if I get hit 3 times in a row and HSL doesn't go off then I could be sat there with about 100 stamina and to be down to swinging at about 2-2.5s which, chance are will get me killed as I cant use a refresh pot. Ideally it would be nice to be as low as 80 stamina and still swing at max :D

Thunderz

S

Stupid Miner

Have finally got a pair after about 50-60 kills :)

Just spent all night rearranging my suite to fit them in but iv either got to loose the HLD from mace and shield for the folded steels to make up the 15 dci [stats wont be affected as of the 5 dex on legs and having 153 str anyway].

Or run with only 35 DCI and change my robe out loosing 2 in each stat to 150 [150 hp]/148 [178 stam]/ 68 mana.
:cursing: :gun:

Congrats... you jerk :p

What do people thing is more important or whould be best, HLD and 30 DCI or 45 DCI or 30 HLD 35 DCI 2 less stats?
Option 3: Use Tangle or Slither.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do(did) they drop from?
Renowned Wyvern, i had 2 pillars of strength drop first! So its about 1 in 20 for an arti to drop it seems [bit early to tell with only 60 kills, but they were all solo].

Iv found it really easy to do now, 3 diff wepons and takes about 10 mins per spawn.

Thunderz

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Congrats, Thunderz!

This is what I plan to do with my sampire's suit. I want two arties:
- Animated Legs of the Insane Tinker
- Basilisk Hide Breastplate

I would have the same dilemma as you. I loose 20 DCI by removing the Fey Legs. The Basilisk Hide Breastplate has 5 DCI, so with the two, I only loose 15 DCI. I'm compensating for that all by adjusting my jewels. So my DCI will come from:

- 15 Ring
- 15 Brace
- 5 Quiver of Infinity
- 5 Conjurer's Garb
- 5 Basilisk Hide Breastplate

That way I can keep my M&S Glasses. I'll probably drop the Turquoise Ring which frees up an additional jewelry mod to put something. It might have to be a resist, but not sure yet. I want the 10% Damage Eater from the breastplate which is why I want to integrate that piece. I don't have a Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation so I'm personally not worried about using the Quiver of Infinity on that slot. I just want to get it to so I only have to use 25 SSI on my weapons to get to the next swing speed tier with my diamond maces. If you want to keep the Cloak, you probably need to swap your Crimson Cincture with a Tangle.

I've been stuck on the Skeletal Dragon renown's in the abyss... I just want to see something drop! I still haven't seen any reports of anything dropping from these at all. It's a mystery in my book. Congrats again.

-OBSIDIAN-

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, is not a good dilemma. Could you post the stats on the projected suit?
Sure this is what iv swapped out compaired to my old suit [if you still have a link to the picture] Stats are 150 [149] / 150 [180] / 21 [70]. Iv lost 2 stamina, 6 energy, 1hp, 2 mana.

EDIT** Oh and iv had to put my wepons upto 45 instead of 40 DI by dropping 5 points in something else, might change my gloves yet and swap the LMC for the energy resist im missing and the 1 HP.

Testing not having the HLD now on the wyvern and im noticing im hitting less, gona try with the M&S now see if it makes it any harder with only 30 DCI.

Thunderz

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats, Thunderz!

This is what I plan to do with my sampire's suit. I want two arties:
- Animated Legs of the Insane Tinker
- Basilisk Hide Breastplate

I would have the same dilemma as you. I loose 20 DCI by removing the Fey Legs. The Basilisk Hide Breastplate has 5 DCI, so with the two, I only loose 15 DCI. I'm compensating for that all by adjusting my jewels. So my DCI will come from:

- 15 Ring
- 15 Brace
- 5 Quiver of Infinity
- 5 Conjurer's Garb
- 5 Basilisk Hide Breastplate

That way I can keep my M&S Glasses. I'll probably drop the Turquoise Ring which frees up an additional jewelry mod to put something. It might have to be a resist, but not sure yet. I want the 10% Damage Eater from the breastplate which is why I want to integrate that piece. I don't have a Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation so I'm personally not worried about using the Quiver of Infinity on that slot. I just want to get it to so I only have to use 25 SSI on my weapons to get to the next swing speed tier with my diamond maces. If you want to keep the Cloak, you probably need to swap your Crimson Cincture with a Tangle.

I've been stuck on the Skeletal Dragon renown's in the abyss... I just want to see something drop! I still haven't seen any reports of anything dropping from these at all. It's a mystery in my book. Congrats again.

-OBSIDIAN-
I was thinking of going with quiver and cunj if i need to, putting me at 40 DCI but loosing 5% SSI and 2 in each stat.

Still playing about with really atm finding the best set up :)

Thunderz

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats on the legs!!!! Out of your options I would probably for for the first one - HLD and 30 DCI. You also have the painful and expensive option of switching out your woodland armor to 5 DCI each rather than the 5 HCI each. Let us know what you decide. :)

S

Stupid Miner

You also have the painful and expensive option of switching out your woodland armor to 5 DCI each rather than the 5 HCI each. Let us know what you decide. :)
No, that's not possible.
could switch 5% HCI for 10% DI, but not for 5% DCI

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just looked at the wood on UO guide as thought it wasnt on the list :(

Then thought the same as SM, i could work that and i think i might even have a gorget and tunic the same as mine that came out with DI when i was making them for the hci.

Just realised i already have dci on jewels *scratches head and rethinks this*

Thunderz

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just using this calculator:

http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=gameitem&id=2225

And it seems having 50 SSI and 180 stamina doesnt make any differance from having 45 SSI and 180 stamina as the next cut off it at 55 were it will make me still swing at max above 150 stamina.

So technically i can comfortably drop the turquoise ring or the cloak unless im going to cast devine Which is not to sensible with only 35 DCI :sad3:

Thunderz

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So technically i can comfortably drop the turquoise ring or the cloak unless im going to cast devine Which is not to sensible with only 35 DCI :sad3:
Yeah, I think that would be a good trade off for your situation. Go with the Quiver of Infinity as the Turquoise ring already has 15 DCI on it. Toss on a Conjurer's Garb and you're at your 45 DCI cap.

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Connor_Graham

Renowned Wyvern, i had 2 pillars of strength drop first! So its about 1 in 20 for an arti to drop it seems [bit early to tell with only 60 kills, but they were all solo].

Iv found it really easy to do now, 3 diff wepons and takes about 10 mins per spawn.

Thunderz
And which spawn does the Renowned Wyvern spawn at?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And which spawn does the Renowned Wyvern spawn at?
The one just out side, i "think" the stigian dragon. The one with the fairy dragons and blue npc looking mobs you run past after entering from the tomb of kings.

Thunderz

C

Connor_Graham

Ah cool, thanks. I tried that spawn once, but without Resist I was quickly out of vamp form and very much taking a dirtnap. That spawn is hell on karma though. I'll have to try it again with Resist on my template and see how things go.

S

Stupid Miner

I keep hearing how people get knocked out of Vampiric Embrace, but since the last Publish I haven't even once experienced this.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your gona hate me Stupid Miner.... Guess what i just got...

ANOTHER PAIR :p :lol: :thumbup1:

Thunderz :popcorn:

EDIT** Oh yeah bang on my 80th for them aswell ;)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Go buy a lotto ticket now! It is your lucky day. The RNG probably won't love you again until at least 2015. :) Congrats

-OBS-

S

Stupid Miner

Oh, I don't hate you, i'm planning methods to hack your account :thumbup1:

hehe, but seriously, congrats :p (which shard are you on anyway?)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I don't hate you, i'm planning methods to hack your account :thumbup1:

hehe, but seriously, congrats :p (which shard are you on anyway?)
Believe it or not im on atlantic [thought it would of been the worst than europa to hunt on] , iv been seriously surpiresed iv had the spawn to my self for 4 days now apart for maybe 2 people in 10 hours.

If you want them ill happily donate them to you as i saw your donation a nice sum to the rares festival robbery. if you can cover a tranfer token ill bring them to your server for you.

Thanks from me and everyone affected

Thunderz

C

Connor_Graham

I keep hearing how people get knocked out of Vampiric Embrace, but since the last Publish I haven't even once experienced this.
I'll have to give it another try then. Maybe the changes to Mysticism messed up the ability of those faery dragons to knock us out of form. If so, then that spawn would be a piece of cake.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll have to give it another try then. Maybe the changes to Mysticism messed up the ability of those faery dragons to knock us out of form. If so, then that spawn would be a piece of cake.
It is a piece of cake if you equip the right wepon's

Thunderz

Thunderz needs to go to be as he is drunk and doesnt waant to babalebblelbbblebble hehe lol lol

sign out

out thunderz

out

Thunderz

S

Stupid Miner

Actually, even though they can't knock out of Vamp form, they're slightly difficult with the changes to sleep: Lowers Swing Speed and HCI. Not quite a piece of cake, but perhaps as easy as pie :p

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have any problem with any creatures at that minichamp on my sampire even the renowned. My problem is the Forgotten Servents. I feel like taking my bard there to try that instead.

To Thunderz (I'm jealous):
Regarding HLD against monsters I have no idea since I don't understand if any have DCI. I understand it better in pvp, but pvm confuses me. If they have no DCI then how does negative DCI work on monsters?

I can tell you this though about HLD. Once it hits it sticks for a time span. So you want to look at the problem in terms of number of hits vs. swing delay.

Lets say you have (in even numbers for imbuing)

18'ish HLD that equals 6 swings to get 100% assured (relative rng stick) on the target
20 is 5 swings
26'ish is 4 swings
34'ish is 3 swings
50 is 2 swings
100 is sticky each swing

What ever you have should be in these increments otherwise you are really at the next lower affectiveness. Like 30 HLD really takes the same number of swings as 26 HLD.

After the decision on how many swings you want to stick HLD then you know how long it will take after it wears off. It lasts for about 8 seconds and if you swing 1.25 seconds then its 1.25, 2.5, 3.75, 5, n*1.25... If it takes 4 swings then you will have 8 seconds HLD sticky, 5 seconds no sticky, 8 seconds sticky, etc. Of course it is a random sticky though.

-Lorax

C

Connor_Graham

Actually, even though they can't knock out of Vamp form, they're slightly difficult with the changes to sleep: Lowers Swing Speed and HCI. Not quite a piece of cake, but perhaps as easy as pie :p
Are you forgetting that I have 60 SSI? I don't know exactly what sleep does, but I'm sure it won't negate all of that. HCI shouldn't be an issue either, as between LS and a sampire's normal HCI, that's 95 HCI total. What exactly does sleep do, and doesn't a trapped box pop you out of it?

S

Stupid Miner

Are you forgetting that I have 60 SSI? I don't know exactly what sleep does, but I'm sure it won't negate all of that. HCI shouldn't be an issue either, as between LS and a sampire's normal HCI, that's 95 HCI total. What exactly does sleep do, and doesn't a trapped box pop you out of it?
It takes several trap box hits to knock you out of it. And you'll want to be using Whirlwind, not Lightning Strike.

Best weapon I've found so far does 100% phys damage, has hit Phys Area (does about 40 damage) and Dragon Slayer. The rest is personal preference.

C

Connor_Graham

It takes several trap box hits to knock you out of it. And you'll want to be using Whirlwind, not Lightning Strike.

Best weapon I've found so far does 100% phys damage, has hit Phys Area (does about 40 damage) and Dragon Slayer. The rest is personal preference.
The last time I fought them, I'd found the faery dragons were too far apart to make Whirlwind useful. I usually ended up just taking on one and using Momentum Strike if anything else came near. When the next 2 levels pop up, they're definitely too far apart for it also. That might have been just that one day I was there, but it seemed pretty much the same every time it respawned.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What i do is leave some of the npc's from the last spawn and all the fairy dragons attack them, run up with ya physical area weapon and spam wirlwind to kill all the dragons at once and wait for more to attack the npc [as you hit npc's for like 6 as its physical].
Takes about 2 mins and bringon the next lvl.

Then when the wyvern's pop just run into the building and let the rest of the fairy dragons wipe them out :) they also wipe some of the npc's out aswell.

Then go out and pick the npc's off [with cold weapon] untill the boss spawns, hit honour on yourself and kill him [again with energy this time and a faint weapon]. Loot and run into the building and wait for the next spawn.

;)

Note** Leave all the wyvern's and npc's that are occupied by the fairy dragons on the other side of the fire far east.

Thunderz

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah, stats now with tinker legs after redoing alot of my kit.

Think i can still improve on it though!!

45 HCI
100 DI
40 DCI*
45 SSI*
30 HLD
152 STR
151 DEX
19 INT
150 HP
182 STAM
68 MANA
8 LMC*
2 MR
2 HPR
2 SR
0 SDI*
0 KE [Kenetic eater]*
70/70/70/70/75

Thunderz

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

So you've made your suit worse for no benefit?

You would need 55 SSI for 150 Stamina to still swing the Ornate at the cap.

Also, where are you getting 150 Str from? The screenies of your old suit didn't add up. It showed 21 Str increase which wouldn't get you to 150, and you only had 123 base anyway. Did you change a piece from when the screenies were put together or are you using pots?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you've made your suit worse for no benefit?

You would need 55 SSI for 150 Stamina to still swing the Ornate at the cap.

Also, where are you getting 150 Str from? The screenies of your old suit didn't add up. It showed 21 Str increase which wouldn't get you to 150, and you only had 123 base anyway. Did you change a piece from when the screenies were put together or are you using pots?
Yeah im not thats why i dropped to 45.

Iv changed alot since that screeny, will post my new kit soon when i can be bothered to take all the pictures again and have finished it, but thats the stats with my current set up.

Thunderz