• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ya take th' doodz, take the cads, take em both, and there ya have the Factions of UO

• Thread starter Prince Caspian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Prince Caspian

Ok, I'm gonna need more of this forum's help to shepard me through the wilds of the Factions.

So, I read that you need to steal the sigil from a town that reads green on your faction stone.... with 80 Stealing. Ok, says I, let's do it.

I go on over to Vesper, and after searching around, I found two nifty looking tombstone dealies. One is rose-colored and proclaimed to be the town stone. The next was a black obelisk saying it was the town sigil.

So I jewel up (my thief has 60.5 stealing, but using the goodies I get him up to 80.5) and go put my hand in the cookie jar... ie I tried stealing on the sigil obelisk.

"You can't steal that."

WTF? Do you have to have a natural 80? I am sure the town was up for grabs.... please advise so I can ruin the TB's day. :p

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to go to the TB hq, the stones are there. You have to steal them there. Good luck...la

P

Prince Caspian

I went over there actually.... gawd I never saw so many water barrels in my life. I couldn't steal on the Vesper obelisk there either... but there was some big sparkley thing in the middle of the throne room. Was that it?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can only steal sigils if............

They are uncorrupted on town monoliths.
They are in an enemy's faction base.
They are corrupted on your own corrupting monoliths.

P

Prince Caspian

You need to go to the TB hq, the stones are there. You have to steal them there. Good luck...la

So, last night I pop over to COM and see about a billion NPCs guarding the place. So I just stealth on in, and steal the sigil.

Getting it back to the ol' Minax fortress was a piece of cake. However, once I placed it, it got re-stolen about 5 minutes later. Then about a million orangies pop out of nowhere and lay ye olde smackdowne on my hindquarters.

Don't get me wrong, it was an interesting experience, but seeing how I am the ONLY active Minax player on Sonoma (I've yet to see ANY green names), maybe it's time to appeal to the old policy of if you can't beat em join em...

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are just getting started, look at this as an excellent learning experience on what to do when things with factions really get going *smiles*

P

packrat

I say, keep up the good work. One day someone will feel sorry for you and try to help you.. Then you might start seeing a little more green.
What shard are you on?

K

Kurare

So you must be on sonoma?

Excellent, well currently the faction battle consists of us and the true britannians. Have minax in the mix would actually be nice. You should have some friends join up with you. It would be a lot of fun.

You really threw us a curve ball when you stole the sigil and took it to the minax base. That was really unexpected. Good laughs.

E

Emil IsTemp

Pacific factions kinda uneventful.. But someone is out there.. they keep disarming my traps =).

SL4L

P

Prince Caspian

So you must be on sonoma?

Excellent, well currently the faction battle consists of us and the true britannians. Have minax in the mix would actually be nice. You should have some friends join up with you. It would be a lot of fun.

You really threw us a curve ball when you stole the sigil and took it to the minax base. That was really unexpected. Good laughs.

LOL I was almost kind of hoping you guys would assumed the TBs stole it and would go slug it out with them. :p

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
HA that would be funny.

Yeah good work PC that's awesome!

I am just now getting my friends into TB on origin, CoM was holding the towns for WAY too long and I had to lay some smackdown.

Unfortunatlly I was on on when the other two members of my guild took all the towns and we now control them all MUAHAH!! TAKE THAT CoM! *grins* Next time I"ll be there too :thumbup1:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
come to the holy side PC.
stay away from the over proud COM side.... see what happened to thier fair city!
it lays in ruins because they where too proud and boastfull!

now thier base is surrounded by the wastlands that was one a fine city!

come to the right choice.... the TB.
the good, the holy, the light that is love.
the followers of the word of Lord Brit.
*insert monk chanting*

ya on sonoma its just COM and TB slugging it out.
there is a guild in SL but i havnt seen them in 2 weeks.
and MX is dead.
id recomend transfering your guy out of MX and joining one of the active guilds, that way you could have people to chat with.
since TB lost all the towns to COM and cant seem to get them back youd probablly be more active in TB.

but if you want the easy win the COM is the way to go as they are allready winning, ehhe.