• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WWI Official Contest: Day One

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eldorian

Alright, here's the deal. To enter for today (Friday August 8, 2008) - you simply have to put in a reply to this thread to have your name put in the hat.

20 lucky winners will receive one of the WWI cards that were given in the goody bags in Paris. The codes on the card will give you an exclusive in game Tyrael the Archangel pet and the 2nd key is a beta code to get in the WotLK beta (at some point - can't guarantee immediate access).

Next Friday (the 15th) we'll have a drawing. Each day we'll have a new thread for you to post in and answer and each day will be a new entry (for a total of 7 possible entries).

Today's Topic:

If you could create any Olympic sport and make it playable in World of Warcraft, what would it be and why?

Edit: Just a note, Stratics staff members aren't eligible to win but are welcome to respond to the questions.

S

Ssonic19

Any Olympic Sport? Taekwondo.

I studied Taekwondo for quite a few years, which might color my opinion a bit. But, that aside, I think it would be cool if they implemented it as a dynamic combat thing, instead of just right clicking to autoattack or hitting buttons to use special abilities. I don't know how that would work, but the idea seems cool bouncing around in my head there.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about Curling? I know it is a winter event but I think it would be cool to see it in WoW. :)

T

Trinity/Matrix

Badminton, play as normal but you could then swap the shuttlecock for an small animal of your choice which you could control to outwit your opponent!

D

Defeat

Pole vaulting the lava in MC, why.. because it would be fun to see people fail at it just like in the real olympics :D

L

Lag

Track, because you know hunters would win with AoC.

Note: I already have a WWI key. Just felt like posting!

H

haymez

The luge. For no other reason than I like to say "luge."

R

rendar55

equestrian: see who has the best control of their mount.

S

Starla_Rae

I would like to see a triathlon. For Horde side it could start at undercity and go through Silverpine Forest to Hillsbrad. For Alliance it could start in Stormwind and go through Elwynn Forest to Lakeshire .. or all could compete in a semi-neutral area.

Edit to add: Instead of cycling it could be mounted. Why? because it would be fun to have races with others across the land. I am always racing my husband to the nearest herb or mining resource to see which one of us can get it first.

K

Kamahri

I would like to see a rodeo.

A gnome jump on a tauren, he needs to stay on the tauren for a long time.

A

AdianTNG

I am going to have to go with Javelin toss...but to make it interesting make it throwing them at gnomes...score obviously depends on the awsomeness of the gnomes hair color.

Y

Yitbos

Serious? This is the easiest question ever....
épée fencing.
You'd have to throw an "n" in there to make it more wow-centric but that one pretty much writes itself.

F

Fojos

Cycling.

Imagine a huge tauren or orc on a bicycle! It'd look awesome. This would also mean it would be possible for us to get bicycles as mounts too. ;o

E

Evli

Synchronized swimming.
Because I'd like to see a Belf doing it with his pet.

K

kmalfaisal

Lacrosse, because it would be fun for wow characters to play it with leather balls lol

S

Suldae

It's a winter sport, but I'd love to see Figure Skating! There's even a few frozen lakes we could practice on!

---Suldae

Z

Zylonis

There should be a Triage sport just like the first aid quest in Hammerfall! It was pretty much one of my favorite quests in classic WoW. :)

H

Happu

Drunken gnome wrestling. I think nothing else needs to be said.

K

Kremen

Drunk female Gnomes wrestling in mud? Just because of the fact that two drunk Gnomes would wrestle in mud

Or Gnome punting. Who can punt a Gnome furthest!? It would prove to be the ultimate test, which Race is the greatest? Who will win?
Most likely Tauren

Y

Yilumi

PvP tug of war would be awesome and a fun way for Horde and Alliance to compete without battlegrounds and zergfests. You could have two npc's, one for each side, that people have to dps/heal.

Apparently it's an officially recognized Olympic event!

R

Rejject

Soccer and or American football

Soccer we could use a gnome for the ball Orc as goaly of course HORDE vs alli
could play the game right in the middle of shat.

Or American football

have orcs and drani/dwarves as linemen night and blood elfs and wide receivers, trolls and Humans as QBs and running backs of course we would have to play Ironman football and they would play both sides of the ball

refs could be like 70 elites so if there was a flag or a penalty they could inforce with no problem. AND OF COURSE A GNOME AS THE FOOTBALL so we can punt that little **** 50-60-70 yards, hell horde would go 3 and out just so we could keep punting LOL. :O)

D

DarkPhantom

~ The Ankle Biter ~

It will finally give gnome the chance to shine instead of always being made fun of. The object is for a gnome to bite the ankles of another race. But they have to do is without being noticed. Points are awarded based on the surprise of the victim and the facial expression. ;)

P

Phinor

4 x 100 meters. Alliance vs Horde with classic races (e.g. no Draenei/Blood elves). One of each race running.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gnomeball. Similar to basketball... just have to keep the gnome's arms & legs tucked in, and try not to kill the ball. ;)

S

Shiosh

Sailing! how great would it be to own your own boat and sail it from place to place... no more waiting for the ships to come in! lol ;)

C

chauronity

Soccer

Competitive team play, like a battleground with Alliance and Horde but a ball introduced with commands like kick and pass, would be tons of fun. Soccer arena sounds great too.

L

Lunian

Not a 'olympic' sport but one that is competed in by strange people everywhere... THE WELLY TOSS!

For those that don't know it's basically a contest to see who can throw a wellington boot the furthest :D

N

Nyaz

I've never been much of a sports person, really. I get kind of bored when watching most "normal" sports, but anything from a japanese game show would be -awesome-!

Or, as stated above, some martial art. Kendo might be cool, coming to think of it. I think that's the one where two combatants fight with wooden swords, right?
I've always been fascinated with old-style weapon fights. (...Lightsabers, swords...)

Actually implementing Kendo doesn't seem that hard in WoW, anyway. (I don't know how, though!)

*Puts name in hat*
Come ooooon, beta key!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sounds like an awesome contest.

*tosses name in the hat*

Y

Yuk70

I would have to say Equestrian. We are on mounts most of the time.

Have courses through all the battle grounds and you had to complete a course of jumps while carrying the flag at the same time you are trying to score points jumping hurdles and other objects while you are trying to stay alive.

J

Jupe

Any sport that involves hurting gnomes

yeah sounds evil to some, funny to some others ^^

CrazyJoe

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Today's Topic:

If you could create any Olympic sport and make it playable in World of Warcraft, what would it be and why?
Definatly go with the Wrestling.

One would think good idea, there's already somewhat 'unarmed' combat skill, but personally I like the idea of wearing tight women's swimsuits and rubbing up and down all over another person of the same sex.

T

Tyrianus

I would do skeet shooting, but with gnomes instead of discs, that way we could lower the population of the annoying race.

D

dlocscrilla

--Baseball--

The "grind" of baseball would be consistent with the rest of the WoW Universe

:thumbsup:

B

boson

I second badminton, using gnomes or some sort of animal as the birdie (maybe even a bird!). You would have to run underneath the falling bird to bump it back up. It would be great!

S

Swang

I'm going to have to go with Boxing with mechanical toy boxers; character size or miniature.
With a kind of duel type system, a ring or a slow debuff, to keep the boxers from roaming too freely.

Then in the pet/MC bar have things like; Jab, Hook, Uppercut, Improved Dodge, and Improved Block. That way the dodge and block system could be applied and you'd have to not only beat the player but the system as well. Improved dodge and block could have mediocre cooldowns to keep from spamming them. Ooh, and maybe a stance system or something similar with no global cooldown to change between body and head shots.

And if someone loses go old school mechanical toy boxer style with the head popping up.

S

Serith

Sailing would be awesome, I've always wanted some kind of water "mount", so that could be an option. ^^

J

Jovias

OKay I'm sorry if this was already put in but

Gnome Punting.

Why, I like there voices and to hear the Whoooaaaa! when you kick them across the screen, well that'd just be something special wouldn't it?

V

Vampyl

Gnome stacking, like the cup stacking game, except, of course, with gnomes

M

Maghica

*Piggie Ball*
Each team tries to 'slap' a screaming pig into their goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.