• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WW Training

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you.

I read so much, I am wondering if that is all still valid.

May I ask you a few things in the near future, as you are still here? :)

One is already burning under my nails: Still Chiv and AI for WWs?
Yes because Chivalry and Strength work together to increase damage. Since the PP WW has more than 700 Str, it will do more damage than any other pet while using Chivalry.

AI also does the most single target damage of any ability.

There was a Drone on Test center for a while. You could attack it with a pet and everyone could see the damage numbers. All our 700 str pets did the same max damage. Khaelor put his WW on it and it did more damage than the 700 Str pets. So for that small period of time you could see a pets damage numbers very clear.

Since PP Nightmares have enough building points to Get AI/Chiv and have a good build, it is recommended to put AI/Chiv on those also.

It would be nice to have more options but the most single target damage pet is one that has AI/Chiv.

You can make Cus and Lesser Hiryus with other magics to play with those. For Magery a current 2 slot Nightmare works fine.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Thank you.

I read so much, I am wondering if that is all still valid.

May I ask you a few things in the near future, as you are still here? :)

One is already burning under my nails: Still Chiv and AI for WWs?
You can
1- copy your character with PP WW to Test Server and try yourself
2- Go to Stygian Abyss and tame Stygian Drake (goes with 820+ STR to see it will not increase damage very much anyway). And find out PP WW better stay untrained as vanity thing.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can
1- copy your character with PP WW to Test Server and try yourself
2- Go to Stygian Abyss and tame Stygian Drake (goes with 820+ STR to see it will not increase damage very much anyway). And find out PP WW better stay untrained as vanity thing.
Comparing a 100% physical damage pet to a 50 50 damage pet is not a valid comparison.

That is why you see few Lesser Hiryus used.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems you got it confused with Dragon. They can have 800s str. Or someone with 120 Magery Blessed it.
Some Gen 1 "Ancient" WWs can actually have up to 825 STR like Dragons. But yeah, it looks like his WW was Blessed. Eval determines the power of the Bless, not Magery.
Here's a Gen 1 "Ancient" WW with 807 STR that i documented, Greysky.
GreySky 1.PNG GreySky 2.PNG GreySky.PNG

Yes because Chivalry and Strength work together to increase damage. Since the PP WW has more than 700 Str, it will do more damage than any other pet while using Chivalry.
PP WWs are prized not just for their overcap STR (up to 760 for Gen 2-3, up to 825 for Gen 1), but also because they lack Dragon Breath or any other wasted specials. They'll spam the hell out of AI (i've seen mine literally daisy chain AI 7 times in a row).
I've seen two pets dish out more raw damage (not considering Resists on enemy) than PP WWs. A 120 Chiv+AI Shadow Wyrm that managed to evade the nerf, and a 120 Chiv+AI Ossein Ram under Berserk.

Stygian Drakes are extremely tight on points, since they start at 4 Slots. They do have an interesting quirk though, in that they'll chug heal pots when low health.

Last edited:

Baal-Draco. *D*

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanx guys.
I know my WW wasn't blessed and had 838 str.
But I can't prove it, so I won't argue. (There aren't any players on Drachenfels...) :)

Anyway, now, after leveling him up to 5, he only has 755 str left.
Is he still worth it?

You mentioned, ppl don't use lesser hiryus anymore?
What are the pets to use these days? (I don't like CUs)

And are there any pets on which I can use another magic than Chiv?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Comparing a 100% physical damage pet to a 50 50 damage pet is not a valid comparison.

That is why you see few Lesser Hiryus used.
Stygian drakes are good because they are available now and you can tame -try- tame new ones as much as you have fun doing so.
They are tight on points, and have 1500 points wasted in mage mastery. But they need only 85 taming to control : 2*15 imbued jewels + library talisman + 50 real skill from fresh char.
If trained - can squeeze AI in it .

@Baal-Draco. *D* Lots of people use tritone now . Can have up to 130 wrestling . Ones with less than 120 often are released and people give them for free . Having one 2 slot for tanking UEV while training other pets is good.
Since you are returning - try more pets. Skree , Najasaurus , Unicorn , 5* Lesser Hiryu (yes, five one slot ones, up to 108 wrestling and all have grasping claw) is fun setup for bard -tamer
If you will open triton statues yourself don't forget to do it in Tokuno.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Oh damn, why is this? :(

And, what is UEV?
1- to have ability to give triton real Bushido or Ninjitsu. For good triton you will use Chiv mostly. But always better to have possibility to give pet different skill.

2- Unbound Energy Vortex, located deep in Shame dungeon. Near crazed Mage cave . Both are good for pet leveling , give great gains.