• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WTH people/.

• Thread starter Marcus Aurelius
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marcus Aurelius

I have noticed daily the population of Baja falling . Reasons include other games and such, but one of the MAIN reasons is because of the "baja" attitude.
I was able to convince 7 of my old baja players to move accounts back over here to try and rebuild the shard.. NONE of these people have been made welcome in any way. I know of people (wont put names on , I'm not that way) who have told my friends, that they dont want more people on the shard and are perfectly happy with the way things are.
Most of the people in the BRPA have had this attitude towards all 7 of these people. I dont understand, Everyone crys about a dead shard and then no one wants to be friendly. Even my own guild the NMTG was not welcomed into the community until I pushed my way in at EM events.. Even so , had I not already had several friends with lets say pull, I would have never got in.. The town event I had.. maybe 10 people showed up for it.. half were Cartel .. everyone else pretty much boycotted the event.. Don't make excuses Baja, about the time .. it was RIGHT AFTER taming hour. Embarassing is what it was.
Do you even have any idea of whos alts are in the NMTG? I doubt it, or I'm sure it wouldnt have been snubbed..
How is Baja supposed to stay populated when you treat people like this .. I guess maybe its time for me to move on also.. My friends wasted the xfer tokens to come over here and help us all out , and instead got Sh777T on. Sad becasue I've been on Baja since my first day in UO.
I really wish people would stop treating people from other shards in these ways. I know some come over to farm scrolls, Items and EM events.. I also know these people from ATL and have known them for many years. They are not here for any of those reasons. And in fact they think as do I, that EM's have all but ruined the game. Look how player events have taken downturns since they started the EM's.. people only care about getting that ITEM that drops.. Nobody really cares about player run towns and how many people are on the shard. The less the better right? least when its down to 2-3 people on the shard, we will get an ITEM from the EM event. Is this the tude people have these days ?
I play in almsot every aspect of the game .. PVM, RP, and PVP.. and alot of times I go off on my own and do things. The point is , I know virtually EVERYONE on Baja, and this is really sad.
Finally I wonder how long this post will last until its deleted..

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mind offering proof? Or is this just another unfounded rumor meant to smear the Alliance.

Your friend was not made to feel unwelcome. She wanted admittance into the Alliance about ten minutes after we met. I told her let's get to know one another before we commit. Haven't heard from her since.

Marcus Aurelius said:
The town event I had.. maybe 10 people showed up for it.. half were Cartel .. everyone else pretty much boycotted the event.. Don't make excuses Baja, about the time .. it was RIGHT AFTER taming hour. Embarassing is what it was.
Do you even have any idea of whos alts are in the NMTG? I doubt it, or I'm sure it wouldnt have been snubbed..
And the BRPA was the other half there. I seem to remember the Duchess was there. Lynne. Proserpina. Mons Venus. Beldin. Don't forget that two reporters (both have characters in the BRPA) covered the town event for Stratics. And the NMTG is in the BRPA Runebook of Towns and Establishments.

You're right. We're out to get you.

M

Marcus Aurelius

Mind offering proof? Or is this just another unfounded rumor meant to smear the Alliance.

Your friend was not made to feel unwelcome. She wanted admittance into the Alliance about ten minutes after we met. I told her let's get to know one another before we commit. Haven't heard from her since.

And the BRPA was the other half there. I seem to remember the Duchess was there. Lynne. Proserpina. Mons Venus. Beldin. Don't forget that two reporters (both have characters in the BRPA) covered the town event for Stratics. And the NMTG is in the BRPA Runebook of Towns and Establishments.

You're right. We're out to get you.
Whoa ... Warder... I did nt say anyone was out to get me or any names about who boycotted the town event .. and yes I know who was there and who wasnt . I saw you there too. I probably should have left out the boycott becasue it was actually another guild we all know . Kind of went on a tangent there, Appolgies--- really
The point here is.. about These people I know not me and not specicly you. Proof? well yea I have it in a a chat last night between someone and someone and someone else who witnessed it.
I just dont understand why this is happening . I dont go around posting ,pasting and passing on others ICQ notes. But I can tell you I have seen some pretty poor respnses to these peolpe about moving over here and helping out . Maybe we can all have some kind of sit down and see whats what, I'm up for that , Then I guess we can all figure out for ourselves whats going on .

And I didnt think they meant to join the BRPA when they talked about joining the community. More over like the thieves guild , kind of a stand by PVE guild. Hopefully some of this is clearing up now .

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Marcus Aurelius said:
Most of the people in the BRPA have had this attitude towards all 7 of these people.
You threw down. Don't stop now.

I don't much care if the accusation is being made towards me or not. I lead this Alliance. And if someone has a problem with my members then they have a problem with me.

M

Marcus Aurelius

You threw down. Don't stop now.

I don't much care if the accusation is being made towards me or not. I lead this Alliance. And if someone has a problem with my members then they have a problem with me.

Well if you dont want to get together with people and discuss it, Then as typical Rp players of midevil times would go. We could just war. :) no sense in throwing punches at eachother with words.

Probably get more people back on Baja that way too, which is really what I'm trying to do. I don't see anything wrong with that. Do you ?

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*poises with key to door mid-air and decides to go back on another 3 month hiatus....but not before she throws her two cents in...*

Okay, I've had enough. And since I'm already seething over the Godiva thing, I'll just answer this one instead...

Another BRPA bash-post? Really? Isn't there any other guild or alliance out there we can direct our energies at? Maybe takes turns? Rotate the hate? We all know how the last bash post ended, but of course, the damage was done.

"Baja," attitude? Oh, let's not mince words "BRPA attitude," because that's what you've more or less stated that it is.

I know of people (wont put names on , I'm not that way) who have told my friends, that they dont want more people on the shard and are perfectly happy with the way things are. Most of the people in the BRPA have had this attitude towards all 7 of these people.

That's interesting since BRPA has actively recruited from other shards, has attended events on many other shards, participated in other shards' rp arcs and rp activities (tavern nights, balls, weddings, parties, etc.) to try to draw people to come here.

I also hope you realize that there are anti-BRPA members actually IN the BRPA. Why these people would stay in something they hate, have nothing good to say about and like to badmouth is beyond me. Perhaps they suffer from a Jerry Springer-like syndrome.

The town event I had.. maybe 10 people showed up for it.. half were Cartel .. everyone else pretty much boycotted the event..

Like Warder said -- and the other half were BRPA, and covering the story for Stratics.

Do you even have any idea of whos alts are in the NMTG? I doubt it, or I'm sure it wouldnt have been snubbed

Do you have any idea whose people's alts are in BRPA? I can promise you we were all there, those of us still playing.

The farm scrolls, Ems ruined everything tangent I'm just not understanding and therefore not answering because it has no bearing on the original statement about "Baja attitude, " oh excuse me, "BRPA attitude". I'd need clarification on this to answer it.

As for me, other BRPA members and the Baja community....

I have run into more than my share of newbies this year, in New Haven, at the bank and and/or in gen chat asking for help. I have given imbued suits away, gotten spellbooks, given them better weapons and armor and it is usually accompanied by a nice gold check to help get them started.

Sometimes I do this on a character that is well-known or has a guild tag flying. More often than not I grab an unknown. Because I am specifically NOT trying to fly a guild or alliance tag the person can see. You do things for people because you want to do things for them and not for praise, thanks, or a half-baked attempt to get them to join your guild because you gave them crap. At times when they have tried to refuse the gold I tell them,"pass it along someday when you're all set."

Many BRPA members scramble to be helpful if someone new is asking for something in general chat. Many people on Baja in general are very quick, eager, and willing to help anyone who is brand-spanking-new and sounds like they need it in general chat.

There's more help available here, on Baja, then on other shards. I know, I've been a newbie on three other shards in the past 6 months – you can't even get someone to answer a simple question like, "Is there a rune library around here?" I spammed that question for an hour and that's a question that doesn't even beg a stranger to get that involved in helping someone else.

So I'm sick of the Baja bashing and I'm more than sick of the alliance bashing.

Name names, because I want them. I would be more than happy to sit down with all 7 who were snubbed and find out who did the snubbing.

M

Marcus Aurelius

Oh so the Guild or aliiance has had problems before then Prosp? Actually I did know that but wanst going to bring it up. And yet again you and yours choose to take everything someone says and tare it apart. Attacking rather than just saying ok theres a problem, lets fix it..
I guess I didnt realize we were talking about other shards too. We can if you like, becasue my experience on other POPULATED shards like PAc and ATL has been the complete opposite of yours . I know , I know go to another shard if your not happy on Baja. You know how many times I've heard that in G-chat? Alot of people did jsut that, and that is the POINT. Why dont you stop bashing everything someone says and start trying to make a change like I was.
Does the RP guilds not understand that when someone suggests changes that it means someone should maybe discuss/debate/talk it over w/concerned people. I dont need to defend myself, I am becasue I wish to remain friends with MOST of the people in the alliance. Thats up to you, but so far , 2 people have responded and both have attacked me rather than want to try and understand the situation. I have offered to get all these people together now and I have even offered to War the RP guild. all I seem to get is who are these people .. Thats not going to work, because I'm not going for all this he said she said. I have my proof, or and I think you know .. I would have never even said a thing about it.

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And yet again you and yours choose to take everything someone says and tare it apart. Attacking rather than just saying ok theres a problem, lets fix it..

You didn't approach this with an concerned, let's talk and fix it tone, perhaps if you had rather than making blanketed accusatory statements - the tone of my response would have been different.

This is not an impartial, calm "look guys here's a problem," statement:

I was able to convince 7 of my old baja players to move accounts back over here to try and rebuild the shard.. NONE of these people have been made welcome in any way. I know of people (wont put names on , I'm not that way) who have told my friends, that they dont want more people on the shard and are perfectly happy with the way things are.
Most of the people in the BRPA have had this attitude towards all 7 of these people.

It's inflammatory. When you throw the first stone, you're getting return fire.

Why dont you stop bashing everything someone says and start trying to make a change like I was.

Once again - I think you should go back and re-read how you started this thread, perhaps you didn't realize that it was you who started the bashing. Perhaps you didn't intend for it to sound that way, but WTH People - I think speaks for itself.

2 people have responded and both have attacked me rather than want to try and understand the situation

Two people have responded and "attacked," you because that was the tone of your original post. Again, perhaps that was not your intent, sure does read that way. You have my ICQ we can take it there. And if you'd like to know about the real reasons behind the other thing, I can clear that up too. Be more than happy too.

:heart: :)

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats up to you, but so far , 2 people have responded and both have attacked me rather than want to try and understand the situation.
You came here this morning with a bunch of baseless accusations about the BRPA and our conduct - claiming members of our alliance are attempting to push an unnamed seven from the shard - and now you want to pull the victim card? No, we're not interested in a war, and we're certainly not interested in drama.

Kaleb. You seem to be a decent person. We've interacted a number of times. NMTG is featured about the BRPA Runebook of Guilds. No one in the BRPA is out to drive you or your friends anywhere.

Your accusations have been responded to. You want a sit down meeting? Time and place. In the mean time, consider this discussion closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.