• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

wtf is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't that the apron that was won at the Jhelom ' free for all ' that was hosted.....three years back? Last I remember the great chicken master (Sir Bart) had it last. Someone must have invented the 14th ingredient to making the chicken irresistible in order to get that.

M

Malador

It is a damn shame that girly boy is wearing that shard unique item named for one of JD's chars.

IBTL

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those super inteligant people that keep saying its an apron, please take note to BOTH the crimson, and that...

*and yes the typo was for effect*

C

Chaosy

It's an event item apron with the same mods as a crimmy. It's unique unless it's been duped.

M

Malador

It's an event item apron with the same mods as a crimmy. It's unique unless it's been duped.

It was especially unique in that it was named for one of JD's chars. We (20 or so BC) killed all 2 of the opposition in a glorious free for all victory. Then we killed each other allowing JD to remain the last man standing and received the apron.

It would be a pretty stupid item to dupe given it was named for a specific char. It should have also been permanantly blessed for that char as well.

C

Chaosy

I didn't really know the specifics but thanks for letting me know! :p

Who's JD?

Cynic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OHMYGOOSES

I SEE IT NOW

YEP

What a spiffy regular apron! Bod Reward? Nice color!

M

Malador

Has anyone paged on him yet to see if the dev guys intended it to have the added benifit of being doubled up with a crimmy. Does not make alot of sense doubled up does it.

K

Kratos Aurion

Has anyone paged on him yet to see if the dev guys intended it to have the added benifit of being doubled up with a crimmy. Does not make alot of sense doubled up does it.

Its an event item. It doesn't have to make sense. Lt Royal Guard Sash? 10lrc 2mr 5 lmc? a body sash... Then we got our shrouds with resist and skill bonus. The developers probably liked the mods of that particular event item and added it to the game as the crimson. Theres a lot of event items that share mods with arties in UO and ironically, theyre some of the rarest ones.

Cynic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sad2::sad2::sad2:

Get a life, get over it. It's an official EM created item.

Better in his hands than in a dupers'.

Itari

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Malador is still bitter. Why wouldn't it stack with a crimson? Can you craft a blacksmith apron and a half apron and wear them at the same time? YES. Out of everyone posted you should be one to know where it came from Mal. Hell if you have something that rare don't you think it should benefit you in some way?

M

Malador

Malador is still bitter. Why wouldn't it stack with a crimson? Can you craft a blacksmith apron and a half apron and wear them at the same time? YES. Out of everyone posted you should be one to know where it came from Mal. Hell if you have something that rare don't you think it should benefit you in some way?
LOL what does being bitter have to do with it. Any one of you would have asked the same question if the tables were turned and it was on say a tdr or a pwnt or especially a haxz. Get over yourself. I could not be happier than where I am now.

Yes I do know where it came from as I illustrated in my post about "where it came from". I was at the event and helped JD earn it and as far as benefit goes it was a unique item for quite a while. Some, rational people at least, would call that benefit.

Cynic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL what does being bitter have to do with it. Any one of you would have asked the same question if the tables were turned and it was on say a tdr or a pwnt or especially a haxz. Get over yourself. I could not be happier than where I am now.

Yes I do know where it came from as I illustrated in my post about "where it came from". I was at the event and helped JD earn it and as far as benefit goes it was a unique item for quite a while. Some, rational people at least, would call that benefit.
BC helped JD earn it, why wouldn't he pass it down? It's not secret that JD doesn't play much anymore so keeping that apron locked away on a decaying account makes as much sense as malador playing in felucca.

Seeing that apron on anyone else not in BC would definately raise red flags, unless JD walked away with billions upon billions of gold as has been offered to him many times for the item. You need to just get over it, the item was rewarded to BC and will stay with BC. It's not a dupe/exploit/hack or anything else you all want to call it. It stacks with a crimson as was it's intention when it was created. No other item can go in the apron slot so that means the devs intended for the butcher to stack with the crimson, otherwise they would have made the item a regular apron!

I can't believe the crying, in this thread and in game, people are doing because of that item. Honestly, it's an extra 10 hit points, throw another fireball and quit crying.

M

Malador

BC helped JD earn it, why wouldn't he pass it down? It's not secret that JD doesn't play much anymore so keeping that apron locked away on a decaying account makes as much sense as malador playing in felucca.

Seeing that apron on anyone else not in BC would definately raise red flags, unless JD walked away with billions upon billions of gold as has been offered to him many times for the item. You need to just get over it, the item was rewarded to BC and will stay with BC. It's not a dupe/exploit/hack or anything else you all want to call it. It stacks with a crimson as was it's intention when it was created. No other item can go in the apron slot so that means the devs intended for the butcher to stack with the crimson, otherwise they would have made the item a regular apron!

I can't believe the crying, in this thread and in game, people are doing because of that item. Honestly, it's an extra 10 hit points, throw another fireball and quit crying.
As usually Cynic, you are a bit confused.

1. I really dont care who has it. I simply dont like Garret. I dont much like you anymore either but I would rather see you benefit from it than garret. Or are you that confused that you have missed that small tidbit.

2. The event was not a guild event it was a individual event. The EM expected all contestants to fight it out until one survived and told us that before starting the combat. In fact I remember the EM having to prod us to kill each other instead of suiciding. The item was awarded to the winner of the event not to a guild.

3. I never stated it wasnt JD's to do with as he please.

4. Since crimsons did not exist at that time it could not have been the devs intent to stack it with the crimson. Although they may have made it stackable with regular aprons so all you cloths hounds could still be stylish.

5. I still say someone who is currently active should page if for no other reason than to waste 10 minutes of Garrets time while the GM who has probably never seen the item or heard of the item gets a look at it. Who knows maybe they will deem it an exploit and ban him for cheating. Wouldnt that be ironic.

Xegugg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crimsons were in game at that time Malador. That is why JD wore it all the time, because it stacked.

The Crimson Cincture is an Artifact half-apron, introduced with the Mondain's Legacy expansion. Originally, it was to be a "minor" artifact found on Mondain's legacy minor bosses, such as Swoop and Miasma. At the urging of players, who recognized its value and power right away, it was changed to be a Peerless-only item.

F

ForTheOcean

If I remember right (and I was there for the event), Crimmies were created before then.

Edit: Damn Xeg beat me to it. =(

Cynic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As usually Cynic, you are a bit confused.

1. I really dont care who has it. I simply dont like Garret. I dont much like you anymore either but I would rather see you benefit from it than garret. Or are you that confused that you have missed that small tidbit.

2. The event was not a guild event it was a individual event. The EM expected all contestants to fight it out until one survived and told us that before starting the combat. In fact I remember the EM having to prod us to kill each other instead of suiciding. The item was awarded to the winner of the event not to a guild.

3. I never stated it wasnt JD's to do with as he please.

4. Since crimsons did not exist at that time it could not have been the devs intent to stack it with the crimson. Although they may have made it stackable with regular aprons so all you cloths hounds could still be stylish.

5. I still say someone who is currently active should page if for no other reason than to waste 10 minutes of Garrets time while the GM who has probably never seen the item or heard of the item gets a look at it. Who knows maybe they will deem it an exploit and ban him for cheating. Wouldnt that be ironic.
1. O M G Malador doesn't like me much anymore.. OH NO!

2. Albeit the event was individual BC, much like all the time back then, was anywhere and everywhere as a whole. JD won that item purely because the guild as a team helped him get it. JD has viewed the item as a guild trophy won by the guild and for the guild. It was awarded to JD as a result of BC. Kinda like the stanley cup, there is only 1 trophy and unfortunately not everyone can bring it home and put it on their mantle.

3. Right, your just jealous that garret got it.

4. LOL crimmies did exist, I remember because JD gave me my crimson around this same timeframe. Had nothing to do with style and i'm pretty sure JD was wearing a crimson the night of the event.

5. Jealousy at it's best. Page on garret for possesing a 100% legitimate item. Your atempting to get someone banned for having an event item. If this was the case then every museum owner on any shard should be banned as well. Go look at the rares forum and witness that 90% of event items have traded hands numerous times.

What a Joke.. guess i'll page on anyone I see that has better gear than me because it's just not fair. This is the malador mentality.

S

Sunchicken

"This apron was out way before crimson cinctures were in game."
NEGATIVE SIR i think if my time frame is right this was two halloweens ago??
i believe i had a crimmy back then

altho i could have missed it by a year

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"This apron was out way before crimson cinctures were in game."
NEGATIVE SIR i think if my time frame is right this was two halloweens ago??
i believe i had a crimmy back then

altho i could have missed it by a year

Think hard about this one mate...an EM event in the last 2-3 years? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

M

Malador

Crimsons were in game at that time Malador. That is why JD wore it all the time, because it stacked.

The Crimson Cincture is an Artifact half-apron, introduced with the Mondain's Legacy expansion. Originally, it was to be a "minor" artifact found on Mondain's legacy minor bosses, such as Swoop and Miasma. At the urging of players, who recognized its value and power right away, it was changed to be a Peerless-only item.
Ok I admit my mistake Xeg as I thought they were only introduced on peerless. I did not recall them before then.

M

Malador

2. Albeit the event was individual BC, much like all the time back then, was anywhere and everywhere as a whole. JD won that item purely because the guild as a team helped him get it. JD has viewed the item as a guild trophy won by the guild and for the guild. It was awarded to JD as a result of BC. Kinda like the stanley cup, there is only 1 trophy and unfortunately not everyone can bring it home and put it on their mantle.
You stated the item was "rewarded" to BC. I simply wrote a much less confusing paragraph to say it was "awarded" to JD not to BC. Nice attempt at rationalizing your argument though.

3. Right, your just jealous that garret got it.
Some points about jealousy

1. I don't have a relationship with the apron so
2. I cannot feel threatened by garrets relationship with the apron.

4. LOL crimmies did exist, I remember because JD gave me my crimson around this same timeframe. Had nothing to do with style and i'm pretty sure JD was wearing a crimson the night of the event.
I wont argue with xeg over something so trivial so we cannot continue this argument but it don't really matter if they existed or not. I would still page on garret just to round out my evening and will when I see him next.

5. Jealousy at it's best. Page on garret for possessing a 100% legitimate item. Your attempting to get someone banned for having an event item. If this was the case then every museum owner on any shard should be banned as well. Go look at the rares forum and witness that 90% of event items have traded hands numerous times.
We have already covered jealousy and since you do not understand it I will ignore your repeated references to it.

Why should I care if event items have changed hands numerous times and what does that have to do with the legitimacy of an item.

What a Joke.. guess i'll page on anyone I see that has better gear than me because it's just not fair. This is the malador mentality.
Now see that would be and example of ENVY. Maybe you meant envy instead of jealousy. I certainly would be willing to destroy that item rather than have garret possess it however that is about garret not the item.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You stated the item was "rewarded" to BC. I simply wrote a much less confusing paragraph to say it was "awarded" to JD not to BC. Nice attempt at rationalizing your argument though.

Some points about jealousy

1. I don't have a relationship with the apron so
2. I cannot feel threatened by garrets relationship with the apron.

I wont argue with xeg over something so trivial so we cannot continue this argument but it don't really matter if they existed or not. I would still page on garret just to round out my evening and will when I see him next.

We have already covered jealousy and since you do not understand it I will ignore your repeated references to it.

Why should I care if event items have changed hands numerous times and what does that have to do with the legitimacy of an item.

Now see that would be and example of ENVY. Maybe you meant envy instead of jealousy. I certainly would be willing to destroy that item rather than have garret possess it however that is about garret not the item.

why do you spend so much time reading into peoples posts?:popcorn:

M

Malador

Amoung other things yes but what has this to do with the issue at hand??

Sorry Mal i could not resist:lol:
It is ok Mystra but other than Garret, which BC member do I verbally attack. I am really not bitter. I simply dont like garret or his attitude toward others. While I was in BC I had to bite my tongue. Now I do not have to keep silent. Garret's poisonous behavoir would have made me quit BC eventually anyhow. FHP is a much friendlier, less stressfull, guild and I am better off where I am.

Itari

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is ok Mystra but other than Garret, which BC member do I verbally attack. I am really not bitter. I simply dont like garret or his attitude toward others. While I was in BC I had to bite my tongue. Now I do not have to keep silent. Garret's poisonous behavoir would have made me quit BC eventually anyhow. FHP is a much friendlier, less stressfull, guild and I am better off where I am.
So do we all get to pick one person to personally attack on the boards without consequences too!? OMGOOSES I'm EXCITED! :flame:

Kahlan_FHP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leave it to BC to hold up the flag of immaturity. (in reference to last two posts)

M

Mystra

So do we all get to pick one person to personally attack on the boards without consequences too!? OMGOOSES I'm EXCITED! :flame:
No.. we and Mal do not .
Dicussion terminated due to potential hazards .

Mystra

Status
Not open for further replies.