• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wrestling Mastery

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I thought I’d try wrestling mastery out on a giant beetle. Maybe I added it too early, that really matters not. I added it on the 2-3 round. Bug is now 3 slot.
Anyway, question! I couldn’t help but notice searing wounds is still an available option. If I were to add it, would my bug lose the wrestling mastery?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I thought I’d try wrestling mastery out on a giant beetle. Maybe I added it too early, that really matters not. I added it on the 2-3 round. Bug is now 3 slot.
Anyway, question! I couldn’t help but notice searing wounds is still an available option. If I were to add it, would my bug lose the wrestling mastery?
No. There are limited additional abilities/moves available when you select Wrestling Mastery. If you select one of the Magical Abilities, of course THAT will overwrite Wrestling Mastery.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I’ll have to double check, but I thought Searing Wounds was a special ability/move, not a magical ability.
Once I get this bug through this level, I’ll check again but I seem to recall it was all alone. Not listed with other abilities like slashing and poisoning

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’ll have to double check, but I thought Searing Wounds was a special ability/move, not a magical ability.
Once I get this bug through this level, I’ll check again but I seem to recall it was all alone. Not listed with other abilities like slashing and poisoning
It's a special ability. As said, Wrestling Mastery can get limited additional special moves after selecting it. Those won't overwrite it. If you chose special abilities/moves first, those CAN lock you out of Wrestling Mastery. And as always, choosing another Magical Ability will overwrite the previous magic abilities.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you sir, sounds like I can pick Searing Wounds and be ok. As it won’t overwrite wrestling mastery.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you sir, sounds like I can pick Searing Wounds and be ok. As it won’t overwrite wrestling mastery.
Get the melee skills up first. Searing wounds kill the shadow ele.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other thing to be aware of is disarm. I've heard some npc become meaner when disarmed like Dread Pirates.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I got this bugs training done, but I haven’t spent all the points yet. I’ve been trying to decide on scrolls. I was able to find wrestling, tactics and parry at 110, and was thinking I’ll go with just those 3. But I’m unsure about this bug with wrestling mastery.
Is there something I’m missing with wrestling mastery that makes it’s a decent magic to go with?

Put Put

Visitor
I got this bugs training done, but I haven’t spent all the points yet. I’ve been trying to decide on scrolls. I was able to find wrestling, tactics and parry at 110, and was thinking I’ll go with just those 3. But I’m unsure about this bug with wrestling mastery.
Is there something I’m missing with wrestling mastery that makes it’s a decent magic to go with?
If its a pet with no magical abilities (chiv, etc) and poisoning is not useful for its task that you're going to use it for, its good for the extra hits from fists of fury. Fire beetles are a good example, double and triple hits.

I have a fire beetle built now without armor ignore and wrestling mastery for things that dont like armor ignore, and for current bugged Anon.