• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Wrestle + Bushido

D

daisuke

This seems to be a hard question to answer. How exactly does bushido mix with wrestle defensively? Would bushido be detrimental, postive, or irrelevant to wrestle's defense in a non parry template? Also would dexterity be of any use here? i plan on using 30 base and crimmy for another 5 in the end template, not sure if more or less would be useful. I posted this question with full template details up in the pvp mage sticky but i dont know how many people read that, so heres the meat of the question down here. Thanks for any input.

PS: I tested it for about an hour on TC1 with one character having 120 fencing and 45 HCI, other character having 120 wrestle, 100 bushido and 45 DCI. I tested it with spellbook and shield, no spellbook no shield, shield with no spellbook and spellbook with no shield and couldnt get any quanitfiable results.

C

Chaosy

It's irrelevant apart from the ability to use confidence and heal on the run.

S

Splup

I don't think Bushido has any effect on wrestling. Bushido only affects your chance to avoid being hit, if you have parrying and you are wielding a weapon.

If you have only parrying, you need to have a shield in hand to get 35 % block chance (and 80 dex). If you have parrying you can get the same chance by wielding only a weapon (even one handed, and 80 dex needed also).

G

GFY

If you have parrying you can get the same chance by wielding only a weapon (even one handed, and 80 dex needed also).
You need parry and bushido in order to block with a weapon. 35% with a one handed weapon, and 40% with a 2 handed weapon.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your chance to block though will be based on your bushido skill. The percentages differ. They should be listed in the samurai FAQ. I don't know all the percentages off-hand for 100, 110 and 120 blocking chance.

As far as your question, it is irrelevant skill especially if you do not have parrying on your template. Other than that just how much you can heal with confidence and your evasion chance which figures into ideally having tactics + anatomy...which don't figure into a mage template. Duration would be 3 to 6 seconds and then you add 2 seconds for having tactics...anatomy...and bushido ALL above 100.

Additionally evasion has cool down timer of 20 seconds. Other than that you would have to follow what Splup mentioned in terms of the dexterity requirement in order to not get penalized when using parry on a mage.

It's difficult but...not impossible.