• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Wraith Thrower Template

• Thread starter Bort of Atlantic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
B

Bort of Atlantic

Is there a somewhat standard template out there? I did a forum search and found nothing. Here's a guess --

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
90 Spirit Speak
80 Chivalry
50 Bushido
40 Necromancy

The first 3 are no-brainers, as is 40 necromancy, but I don't know about everything else. 50 bushido b/c 120 doesn't appear to be that useful on a character that uses AI as the primary attack, 90 spirit speak is a guess as I don't know how much is actually needed to ensure AI mana is regained, 80 chiv may be too high, etc. Thanks in advance.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is what I am running today for my wraith thrower:

120 Throwing
100 Tactics
100 Bushido
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Chivalry
60 SS (+10 on jewels to get 70)
40 Necromancy

I am very happy with this setup with 180+ stamina and 45 SSI total on the suit and weapon combined.

-OBSIDIAN-

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I am running today for my wraith thrower:

120 Throwing
100 Tactics
100 Bushido
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Chivalry
60 SS (+10 on jewels to get 70)
40 Necromancy

I am very happy with this setup with 180+ stamina and 45 SSI total on the suit and weapon combined.

-OBSIDIAN-
I use 110 bushido and only 80ish chivalry. I believe 108 is required for 100% chance of momentum strike.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd recommend dropping SS to 60 and raising Bushido to 80 for a mana reduction on special moves.

Other than that, it's exactly what I run. I've yet to get a breastplate of the berserker though :(

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets see if I can remember my wraith warrior:
120 throwing
100 tactics
100 bushido
100 necromancy
100 spirit speak
100 anatomy
100 chivalry

I think I had more tactics and anatomy (110 each) and less chivalry (80)

With the option of both vampire and wraith form, as well as curse weapon, healing was a total non-issue. Vamp form was great against fast monsters, but 95% of the time I used wraith form and armor ignored the heck out of everything. When you hit for 200+ every time, mana and life are never a problem. I wouldn't have used healing if I had it.

T

Tefery

can a whammy solo champs like a sampire? i rlly want to work on something thats not my tamer bard and cant figure out what to make. I honestly dont know if ill ever have enough cash to make one of those godly sampire suits

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can a whammy solo champs like a sampire? i rlly want to work on something thats not my tamer bard and cant figure out what to make. I honestly dont know if ill ever have enough cash to make one of those godly sampire suits
Yes. There are only two differences of importance. You won't have reduced damage from exceptional barding on swamp dragon when in wraith form (or ever as a thrower), and you will need to remember to cast curse weapon. On the thrower you're trying not to stand toe-to-toe so it's mostly just casters to worry about damaging you in bursts.

As for your statement about the cash, I'm assuming you will not have the SSI needed to be most effective. It should still work, but will be a little slower and you may have to be a little more cautious.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I like the thrower for things that are slow and I can stand a few tile spaces away (i.e. Rikktor, Slasher, etc). I use my sampires for things that get right up in your face.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't have to have one of those really good suits to solo champs.... but they do help.