• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WOW!!!

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was VERY impressed with how far UOKR has come. I haven't logged onto that client for some time now, but was very, very impressed at how things have really changed. It is very playable now, however I do need to learn how to use the client now. There are still a few things that need to be tweeked, like the graphics are a bit blury yet when you look at the them in any container, I.E. the pic below:

And the way the beetles still are when you ride them:

I'm not sure what else needs to be fixed, but now that I see this great improvement in UOKR, I will be playing that client alot more now.

Alas, I am no longer let down, nor afraid of loseing the 2d client. Keep up the good work.

G

It does appear to be coming along quite nicely, I still like my 2d client though

K

Kurgan

In the options area, switch it to use 2d art. It makes it less fuzzy...
And click the little gold button at the top to switch it to grid view..

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

It does appear to be coming along quite nicely, I still like my 2d client though .

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't do my Vendors in KR yet...and I agree with Smip about how the containers look.

They have come a long way, but there is still quite a lot to get done.

I take Dermott's advice, and others, to heart, and send in Bug Reports as soon as I find any.

Many have been fixed in KR, but I still play 2D quite a lot. One of the main reasons is that I lose the UOA functionality, in KR, and they still haven't added all that UOA can give.

One of the features I would LOVE to see, is the ability to call my mount, and mount it, with a macro, like you can in UOA.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I still like my 2d client though

[/ QUOTE ]

me to

G

Good to hear, but the blurryness stuff has to be fixed before I'll give it a go.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Good to hear, but the blurryness stuff has to be fixed before I'll give it a go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the pics on this thread are zoomed in and backpacks magnified, that will always increase blur...in your normal view, the graphics are a lot sharper, especially if your are using the Legacy UI.

They seriously need to FIX the Giant Beetle artwork tho. Those things are far too big and when riding N-S and/or W-E, they face sideways. In the opposite directions, they tend to disappear altogether. Lost count of the number of times I've sent that bug report in. *sighs*

But yes, KR has come a long, long way, and could yet be a great client for UO, if EA Mythic actually intend to fully support UO into the future, which is clearly a point of some debate and concern, going by a LOT of posts here and the lack of any re-assuring words from anyone at EA Mythic to the contrary.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the pics on this thread are zoomed in and backpacks magnified, that will always increase blur...in your normal view, the graphics are a lot sharper, especially if your are using the Legacy UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps on your computer, but the legacy graphics at *ALL* zooms (including normal) for me are every bit as blurry as the day KR was opened to the public.

On another note, I still have to lean toward the screen to even begin to see what is in my backpack. Actually that zoomed shot is coming closer to what item size needs to be when looking in a container but still not quite there yet.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oi, i hope you did not say this too loud. I can already hear them yell " Witch! He's a Witch! BURN HIM! "

Don't worry, you get use to it!

G

Welcome to the fold!

I've noticed when I've checked them that the legacy artwork IS blurry (the KR artwork, at least on my monitor is not), I think that's mainly due to the fact that they are comparatively low res to begin with (they are also too small in comparison to the container whereas most of the KR item graphics in a container are about the same size too big).

Give yourself time to adjust to the look remembering that there's up to ten years' worth of mental familiarity you have to adjust or overcome.

Any questions, feel free to pop over to the KR forum and also check out Miss Echo's wiki page on KR for a LOT of good UI tutorials.

A bit of advice... when you are dragging and dropping items on the ground (or putting into a closed container or onto an NPC), drag the item into blackspace and let go of the mouse button so that the item "sticks" to the cursor, then click it onto the target location. That will help a LOT In moving items around and lower some of the frustration level until they fix that portion of the UI.

And as always, if you run into a bug, report it via the Bug Report feature in the main menu.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been a big supporter of KR from the beginning. It has come a long way, and while I don't play it 100% of the time, I do play it for many of the UI's. Namely the crafting ones. Marking an item as a quest item saves alot of clicking and waste. And Make Max is fantastic when working a skill. And fishing up SoSs and the boat functions, way better in KR. I still don't have much luck fighting in it yet, but it's defiantly improving.

I

imported_Lundan

I really was/am a fan of the new client, except the last patch broke the macros for me. If I hit, for instance, "C" to open the character window, nothing happens, but if I manually open the character window, then hit "C", the window closes properly. Happens on both my PCs, both with Vista installed, which may be the problem. I hope the next bug fix addresses the issue. I've reinstalled Vista and re-downloaded UO:KR just to verify it wasn't just my machine(s). The problem's still there.

T

Terraxia

<blockquote><hr>

It does appear to be coming along quite nicely, I still like my 2d client though

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Im ready to speak with my dollars about how passionate I am about keeping the 2D client as the primary client of UO until the very end. KR should be a lesser alternative client.

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

KR should be a lesser alternative client.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke? I don't get it. A lesser alternative client to 2D would be viewing the characters from "Berzerk" as they played online. Note the similarities...

I

imported_Sarphus

My problems with KR have nothing to do with graphics. That being said, if I'm not mistaken, there are still quite a few graphics that were done by past dev members that haven't been patched to the client yet. They limit how many graphics updates they do in a given patch to reduce patch download times. Graphics are big...

My challenges with using the KR client are all UI issues. If I could play on the KR client as effectively as I can on 2d, I'd use KR exclusively. It's getting better with each patch and I already prefer the KR client for some tasks, but 2d is still my client of choice.

G

Now if they would land in the bag where you want them it wouldn't be that bad.

G

I have to agree that the backpack art itself is superb. The contents however look out of scale and blurry.

B

Belmarduk

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Im ready to speak with my dollars about how passionate I am about keeping the 2D client as the primary client of UO until the very end. KR should be a lesser alternative client.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love posts like this...
People with this attidude will be the final end of UO.
I can understand not wanting to change clients NOW.

They have imported legacy graphics into KR
They have made the ui customisable
They are trying to get 2D players as comfortable as possible with KR

We need ONE CLIENT FFS

To just refuse just for the [censored] stubborn sake of it is endlessly stupid...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Arrrrr, INTRUDER ALERT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop the humanoid, he must NOT escape!

@OP: I love the background graphic of the backpack in that shot - stuff like that is what cries "spirit of UO" to me, personally. You are right, though, the icons for the contents do look murky, indistinct, and blurry in comparison, probably all the worse for the sharpness of the container graphic. They look more as if they are floating in there, rather than stored in the container. Hopefully that is something they will continue to tweak over time, and get it to at least satisfactory levels. Quickly identifying our items is pretty critical in such an item intensive game.

-Skylark

G

Even when I love the new KR cointainers, they are to large for my screen, much larger than the 2D ones.
And the item in them are to small.

G

Yeah on the UI i liked it alot and i also liked terain grafics but changes to long held iconic things like the White Wyrm were poor and objects are pretty fuzzy with out the black defining line.

but things did look great close up lol not practical but fun for certain "hey can i look at that server spawn skull mug closer please".

Another gripe some had was that they would need comp upgrades if it became the standard but im certain if they go forward using feedback from these forums it may be a step in the right direction.

L

legs

Belmarduk ---

who are you to say that those who want the game as they learned to play it, and wish to continue playing it, are stupid?????

stupid???? sheesh... has nothing to do with intellectual capabilities, has to do with choice...

nothing more, nothing less.....

and calling names certainly won't help solve this problem.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Arrrrr, INTRUDER ALERT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop the humanoid, he must NOT escape!

@OP: I love the background graphic of the backpack in that shot - stuff like that is what cries "spirit of UO" to me, personally. You are right, though, the icons for the contents do look murky, indistinct, and blurry in comparison, probably all the worse for the sharpness of the container graphic. They look more as if they are floating in there, rather than stored in the container. Hopefully that is something they will continue to tweak over time, and get it to at least satisfactory levels. Quickly identifying our items is pretty critical in such an item intensive game.

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen!!! Pack itself looks great now compared to those crappy square boxes initially released. The Pack itself is too big on the screen and each item in freeform is WAY TOO SMALL. Even if they werent blurry, I still couldn't tell what they were without leaning toward the screen.

The KR metal box gump is a spectacular piece of art!!! However, it suffers from the same size issues I mentioned about the pack. *squint, squint, lean toward the screen*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love posts like this...
People with this attidude will be the final end of UO.
I can understand not wanting to change clients NOW.

Why does it need to be that "uo needs one client" ? UO survived how many years with 2d and 3d? Seems to me it did just fine, giving everyone an option to play what they liked.

They have imported legacy graphics into KR
They have made the ui customisable
They are trying to get 2D players as comfortable as possible with KR

We need ONE CLIENT FFS

To just refuse just for the [censored] stubborn sake of it is endlessly stupid...

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_UOPODCASTING.COM

<blockquote><hr>

We need ONE CLIENT FFS

[/ QUOTE ]

So lets stick with the client thats been here for 10 years and not another joke coded by the interns at EA.

KR is a joke and like the previous 3D client, its a FAILURE. One of the signs its a failure is the advice in this thread when using it to enable the legacy graphics. LOL

G

So lets stick with the client thats been here for 10 years and not another joke coded by the interns at EA.

KR is a joke and like the previous 3D client, its a FAILURE. One of the signs its a failure is the advice in this thread when using it to enable the legacy graphics. LOL

"I disagree with what you said"

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as the pets cannot stand still (if mounted or not) I will not even touch KR.
Look at a beetle, which is only not ticking around if faced into one certain direction.
Look at the reptalon, which does not swing his wings while mounted, but does all the time, while not.
Look at any pet which behaves all the time as it is doing some rhythmic stuff.
This all makes KR really disturbing and unplayable for me, even if I forget the work which would be involved to transfer UO and UO Assist macros for several dozen chars.
*Salute*
Olahorand

M

Meldurh

<blockquote><hr>

It does appear to be coming along quite nicely

[/ QUOTE ]

So in other words its still not finished,ah well,release date is "only" 7 months ago.

I am really tired of the computer gaming industry delivering half baken,unfinished
products,last game I bought was Morrowind (or Neverwinter Nights,unsure).
Also dont have any online subscriptions anymore.

G

I won't play it for 2 reasons:

1. With my GeForce FX 5500, its a lagg game, allmost cant move.

2. I cant use mousewheel for pvping as i do now in 2d client, and there is no spell queue function(UOA) in UOKR as far as i know.