• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

wow, unbelievable, just wow...

• Thread starter _Uriah Heep_
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
U

_Uriah Heep_

More quitting posts...
No marketing or advertising to draw new players in, no shelf presence, nothing.
Day after day after day, a post, someone leaving the game.

Inactivity, inattention, no serious communication, no news other than the tired worn out "soon" and "when we can" stuff.

Come on Mythic, wake up! How long do you think you can hold out like this? and keep UO viable?

Being nice here, don't want to get modded...but someone needs to do something, and do it now!

G

Yep, state of UO address needed badly. Just be open, honest and direct. We can handle the truth!

F

Fayled Dhreams

Sorry ...

The "Captain Obvious" medal box is empty

But ...You
could
Start a "counting thread"

*shrugs*

Just Saying ...something to do ...

U

_Uriah Heep_

meh

Fayled, I don't really count those as posts nor information.
" we are moved and settled in"
duh!!!
It's been a month since they moved, hope they are settled in, geeeesh. Get real.
So Robert came and made a couple of posts...they are all vapor, nothing in them to sink your teeth into. *shrugs*
I'm talking about a post that says something, that peeps will get excited about, that will make peeps activate accounts, tell friends, finish off a char to be ready for something forthcoming.

Hell man, it's easier to get a straight answer out of a politician than it is these guys, and that's about as big an insult as I can lay out, without using @#$% kinda symbols.

Scary part is, if UHall is only a small portion of the playerbase, as yall have said, and we have all these peeps leaving every day or two, think how many are really leaving that aren't posted here and that we know nothing of.

F

Fayled Dhreams

OMG !! your Right !!!

UO is fine

Stratics is near death !!!

B

Babble

I see some people returning, but most quit a few months before.
In the sum it seems we are still losing players in my opinion.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I see just as many ppl coming as going if not more.

Granted, most of those coming aren't uhall posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just do not see it, I see a few coming back, but the number of houses going idoc throughout the shards does not give me much hope. I would say that if you walked the lands you may be amazed how much open space there is now.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe Stratics should open a UO Q.Hall with all these quitting post.

X

Xin Law

I just realized something, if you take a step back and look at things, I think I know why they give us no 'real' feedback. Note, this is just a 'theory' persay, so here it is:

-UO is an old online game, but the game that set a different standard compared to the others. With clientel of 10+ years constantly advocating for certain things that is destroying the game, its so strange to have no customer support/feedback, hell not even a clue as to what going on. Majority of UO players that do not like and do not play KR are vet players.

-So it almost looks like this whole (make them sweat) bit is just to flush out enough 2d client users to go away (ALL pvpers us 2D client). Then with vets gone, they can support KR and KR only.

Or worst case scenario, they simply dont see any sense in fixing/changing/policing cheaters/hackers or whatever because they have a 'grand plan' as to when UO will be shut down. Just think about it, they have been going crazy as of late, in making available rare/high yield artifacts and scrolls etc. at 'events' 'new arti drop systems for even more arti's' along with a lot of empty promises and statements about stuff being fixed, about cheating being more aggressively addressed. When all the events, making doom actually promising for the casual player all seem to pop out when the forums get lit up with p-off customers.

Then again, this is just a 'theory', and even though alot of my hunches seem to pan out to being right, I have been wrong, so maybe I am again, or maybe I am not.

G

Talk about inactivity....

I just clicked on the Meetup.com link on my Ultima page (forgot it was down on the bottom of the page.) There is currently only ONE meetup group for Ultima. We used to have a bunch all over the place. Austin, TX is now the only one left.

Bummer.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"We are working on some really great events that even though they might look like retreaded versions of the Tokuno turn in, paragons and the Lizardman invasion - are really NEW events cause the colors of the monsters are different! Look for them soon!

In the meantime the dev team here are feverishly working on some fixes that no one asked for and some additional content fraught with bugs that also no one asked for except for some role players. (I could tell you about the new sherrifs badge you can buy from UOCodes for $1.99 but then I'd lose my job!)

Please continue to open your wallet and pay us $13/month as you wait in feverish anticipation for something interesting to do in game.

Nevermind that we can turn out a shard like Winterland almost overnight yet getting simple fixes to age old bugs takes a few months of time while we claim 'testing' is holding things up. Heh heh. Thats really an inside joke since our testing department is an intern that only comes to work when there isn't a really good concert the night before.

We are also excited about patch number 2,543 to the KR client. Now all characters should now be able to drop items to the ground again! Exciting times at EA! We know you all think KR looks like a Commodore 64 version of the client - but really, with a few more hundred patches - you will see how beautiful it can be!

In order to pay for all this exciting content we have had to make some tough choices and this includes cutting our GM staff from 2 to a couple of part time assistants from the closest high school. Please try to restrict your pages to non-school hours so we might best assist you.

Also - We are also replacing the bag of sending with the bag of wealth. You can put any number of scriptable resources into the bag and with a simple script you can convert your items into gold that is placed directly in your pack. We hope this cuts down on all the angry complaints we got from gold farmers. Since the survey where we determined that UO's population was over 70% AFK count burners and AFK macro'ers - we are trying to better accomodate our population.

Thank you playing the world we created. No need to go search for a free shard where their content changes weekly. We will be here to accept your visa or mastercard monthly.

Sincerely,

Ultimate On-line Develement Team

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with another poster on here, there is players returning, I've seen it in new players corner.
Another thing, the ones actually taking the time to post their departures (why, I don't know), do not represent the population as a whole. I think more come and go than we can even guess at.

EA/Mythic not behaving like players would want to is entirely up to them....granted, if they want to lose revenue, that's their prerogative.

Many moons ago, when I was working for a company, I helped them move from point A to point B....manufacturing/production was down for maybe, maybe less than 48 hrs.....the company wasn't huge, but, they did have a customer base.

I'll say this, at least they stayed in America........

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

OMG !! your Right !!!

UO is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl QFT kinda hehehe

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

OMG !! your Right !!!

UO is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

you might be onto something here
alot of the playerbase has moved to other forums

X

Xin Law

Actually the drop in postings, comments, ect. isnt entirely due to people going to other forums. The decrease in activity is due to:

-A slow, but steady flow of players which will spike upwords right after a patch is administered. This occurs because every time they publish a patch, 75% of the changes/fixes/ect. are for idiotic, inconsequential issues, or pixel crack, while bugs/exploits, some OVER 2 years old are NOT fixed.

-Also a steady flow of players simply give up on even using the forums, because they are so freaking tired of getting any feedback/response from dev. team/gm's. Which means, when they say they do check out the postings is a lie, or they simply dont care.

-Along with posts being deleted by forum moderators, because they make their guild, or their friends guild look bad even though the poster kept it clean and civil.

Now add this all up, and you will see why forums are dying out. In any case, I really hope they come to their senses soon, because the outlook looks very grim. Seriously, at their current rate/track record with their half-arsed fixes, or simply no fixes what so ever. It looks like when they get these idiotically insane exploits/bugs (most likely produced by a couple of bad employees) fixed I think I will be the only person playing UO if they dont freaking wake up and stop working on stupid crap/pixel crack/monumental changes, and fix these ancient bugs/exploits especially the ones that are freaking griefing us customers and come up with some way to decrease and prevent people from using cheats

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously, I wouldn't give a damn until the game is actually shut-off.....keyword, GAME.

For one, you can't advertise a GAME, with outdated and humiliating graphics ok?....wanna buy a vega?? You get the picture.

Just as many players come as go, just because some shyster posts on here they're quitting don't mean jack, talk is cheap.

Idocs, they happen, and alot of players don't drop houses right away, I didn't.....was some months before I or we got houses.....plus.....

.....look at the prices of some decent plots....millions that a newbie average player can't afford, all because some basement geek can't get a real job.

I disagree with you,.....players leaving out of boredom, and going to play that kiddie game WoW, realize......whether they return or not, UO has more to it than any other game out there....including outdated art.

X

Xin Law

<blockquote><hr>

UO has more to it than any other game out there....including outdated art.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sad thing is this statement is true, which is the only reason why its still around, hell even in its half-dead state there is still enough time to bring it back up, but their problem isnt 'dropping the ball' its simply 'putting the ball in the wrong goal'.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just as many players come as go, just because some shyster posts on here they're quitting don't mean jack, talk is cheap.

Idocs, they happen, and alot of players don't drop houses right away, I didn't.....was some months before I or we got houses.....plus.....

.....look at the prices of some decent plots....millions that a newbie average player can't afford, all because some basement geek can't get a real job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm sure so many places that used to have houses are now empty because all of these new players joining the game and don't want a house...

Most IDOCs aren't even worth placing at these days except for on one or two servers.

I remember when I quit playing Napa to focus on Siege Perilous full time. I had a Large Tower I had placed in Trammel just after it opened. There wasn't space anywhere there were so many players. Sold the tower for something like $300. Now you can run around Napa and a lot of other servers and place them yourself.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm sure so many places that used to have houses are now empty because all of these new players joining the game and don't want a house...

Most IDOCs aren't even worth placing at these days except for on one or two servers.

I remember when I quit playing Napa to focus on Siege Perilous full time. I had a Large Tower I had placed in Trammel just after it opened. There wasn't space anywhere there were so many players. Sold the tower for something like $300. Now you can run around Napa and a lot of other servers and place them yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do keep in mind that more housing space was added and that the storage of both houses and banks have been increased (for a small fee) and that you can have more chars, which means more bank accounts.
Banks alone went from 625 to 1050. Add up to 40% more housing storage to the mix and you can imagine you need less houses.
And of course people quit.

G

Good. Makes room for new players attracted to something other than kill and level. Not just room for new players to find plots of land for thier houses but room for new ideas, no 2D, 3D baggage to carry around. People are coming who are excited about a good game. A game that has last through many changes both within the game itself and the external gaming environment.

And just maybe we can all help and open a doom and gloom forum or the moderators move the posts to spiels and rants and keep UO Hall exciting and progressive and constructive! There have been a lot of good things going on both with the game and new people coming and older vets returning.

G

Hey look,

I'm a new player, I've given it a try. 3 going on 4 months now. If there isn't more content, fixes etc. soon. I'll pay to play elsewhere as I have never payed to play any game that doesnt give content, more less FIXES.

I mean, what was valentines day "event"? Are you kidding me over that little hand out of grab bags? and even some of them got exploited by X server users.

B

Babble

Yes many games add quicker content to the game than uo.
And even that it has lots of content it is not really enough to keep people interested.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey look,

I'm a new player, I've given it a try. 3 going on 4 months now. If there isn't more content, fixes etc. soon. I'll pay to play elsewhere as I have never payed to play any game that doesnt give content, more less FIXES.

I mean, what was valentines day "event"? Are you kidding me over that little hand out of grab bags? and even some of them got exploited by X server users.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh. You have only been complaining for a short time. I've been pancakes about the lack of renewed content for years about this game. People want to claim this change or that publish is the reason for UO's decline of subs but those that watch the MMO market and play other games and speak to other gamers know exactly why UO is unknown. It's simply because they don't update their own game and put their name out there. People around here love to complain about new things added to the game and some are the same ones that complain about the lack of advertising but a box on the shelf that is an expansion is advertisement. We don't see that for UO often enough to keep the name in the gaming world.

M

Mystic_Of_Cats

Here is the sad reality about old players coming back: yes, there have been a few old players to return to the world of UO over the past year, but like most of the new players, THEY AREN'T STAYING! They come back after they have a nostalgic thought, log in, realize that the game isn't any better if not worse off than when they left, and usually less than two months later, they are gone once again. People aren't going to stick around for a game like UO when there are many other options out there now filled with teams who actually work on the game.

The reality that the UO fanboys/fangirls can't come to terms with is that UO is dying. They keep posting about how that people are coming back and how all these new people are showing up, but the proof is right in the game. A blind man could see that we have a huge lack of a player base, but what is being offered to keep them around and interested? Just today I was thinking to myself on how absolutely bored I was with UO. Ooo I could go fight the new drag... no I can't. I die too quickly with my axer in my all 70's suit. In fact, I can't even get a hit off. And even if I could, I'm so sick of hunting dragons... I've been to all the dungeons, I've killed the peerless bosses at least 200 times each, I've done the quests... what's left to do? I beat UO! I win the game having done everything there is to do in it. And now I'm left being completely and utterly bored. I play my crafters more now than anything, but 90% of what they make is useless junk anyway. Mythic isn't going to do much to make the game better... they have already begun making the same mistakes, the same lame excuses, and the same huge disappointments that everyone before them have made.

The post that Theo_GL made was quite comical, but it was realistic. This is what UO has turned into. The graphics suck... even KRs graphics are outdated. It's not going to have the appeal to new players compared to WoW or Conan. Everything is breaking and very little has been fixed... how many posts have we seen this week alone with people complaining about broken quests? Then you have people like Daine speaking out of hopeful fear... or complete ignorance, whichever... who want to make themselves believe that good things are coming and that all these people will come back or join and that UO will be the greatest game evar!... which is the same things we've been hearing for the past few years and it's only been going downhill. And frankly, I don't see a difference in skilling vs leveling. You're either grinding to level 70 or you're grinding to 100 skill. Different system, same concept. So keep trying to fool yourself into thinking there is a difference.

In any event, my farewell is right around the corner as well. I've given EA years to do something and each time have been met with failure and disappointment. I kept hearing "give it a little more time and you will see!" and all I saw was a company that doesn't care about this game or it's player base insult us even more with false hopes, lies, and poor excuses for updates. It's a slap in the face to everyone who pays for this game and it's sad that a lot of people don't see the insult for what it is. It also makes me wonder... if Mystic treats WHO as bad as they have with UO, what kind of future will that game have? Of course, we all know they are spending much more time with WHO... and what will happen to UO once WHO releases and all their resources go towards making that a better game. EA going to fund more people to work on UO? Highly doubtful. Of course, I'm sure they will use some reassuring words to let people know that they won't be taking people from UO to work on WHO, but judging on the pathetic display of updates and work we've seen so far, I wouldn't put my money on that one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Here is the sad reality about old players coming back: yes, there have been a few old players to return to the world of UO over the past year, but like most of the new players, THEY AREN'T STAYING! They come back after they have a nostalgic thought, log in, realize that the game isn't any better if not worse off than when they left, and usually less than two months later, they are gone once again. People aren't going to stick around for a game like UO when there are many other options out there now filled with teams who actually work on the game.

The reality that the UO fanboys/fangirls can't come to terms with is that UO is dying. They keep posting about how that people are coming back and how all these new people are showing up, but the proof is right in the game. A blind man could see that we have a huge lack of a player base, but what is being offered to keep them around and interested? Just today I was thinking to myself on how absolutely bored I was with UO. Ooo I could go fight the new drag... no I can't. I die too quickly with my axer in my all 70's suit. In fact, I can't even get a hit off. And even if I could, I'm so sick of hunting dragons... I've been to all the dungeons, I've killed the peerless bosses at least 200 times each, I've done the quests... what's left to do? I beat UO! I win the game having done everything there is to do in it. And now I'm left being completely and utterly bored. I play my crafters more now than anything, but 90% of what they make is useless junk anyway. Mythic isn't going to do much to make the game better... they have already begun making the same mistakes, the same lame excuses, and the same huge disappointments that everyone before them have made.

The post that Theo_GL made was quite comical, but it was realistic. This is what UO has turned into. The graphics suck... even KRs graphics are outdated. It's not going to have the appeal to new players compared to WoW or Conan. Everything is breaking and very little has been fixed... how many posts have we seen this week alone with people complaining about broken quests? Then you have people like Daine speaking out of hopeful fear... or complete ignorance, whichever... who want to make themselves believe that good things are coming and that all these people will come back or join and that UO will be the greatest game evar!... which is the same things we've been hearing for the past few years and it's only been going downhill. And frankly, I don't see a difference in skilling vs leveling. You're either grinding to level 70 or you're grinding to 100 skill. Different system, same concept. So keep trying to fool yourself into thinking there is a difference.

In any event, my farewell is right around the corner as well. I've given EA years to do something and each time have been met with failure and disappointment. I kept hearing "give it a little more time and you will see!" and all I saw was a company that doesn't care about this game or it's player base insult us even more with false hopes, lies, and poor excuses for updates. It's a slap in the face to everyone who pays for this game and it's sad that a lot of people don't see the insult for what it is. It also makes me wonder... if Mystic treats WHO as bad as they have with UO, what kind of future will that game have? Of course, we all know they are spending much more time with WHO... and what will happen to UO once WHO releases and all their resources go towards making that a better game. EA going to fund more people to work on UO? Highly doubtful. Of course, I'm sure they will use some reassuring words to let people know that they won't be taking people from UO to work on WHO, but judging on the pathetic display of updates and work we've seen so far, I wouldn't put my money on that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH Brother. A dusting off of the same old gloom posts. Okay, I guess I will quit.

M

Mystic_Of_Cats

The fact that they are the same should tell you something. God forbid you become removed from your shallow fairytale land you live in thinking UO is a great game. *rolls eyes*

G

<blockquote><hr>

The fact that they are the same should tell you something. God forbid you become removed from your shallow fairytale land you live in thinking UO is a great game. *rolls eyes*

[/ QUOTE ]
Hold it right there Missy! UO is a great game. Always has been. It just needs attention. Great games can become boring and old just like crappy games.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddy, let me guy you a drink.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah its a game. The game still plays well. KR graphics are much better.

I can think what ever I want. And you know you love it. Be honest. You love UO but you just cant admit it.

Anyway. Im sure we can argue 2,3 and 5 years from now that UO is on the way out. Ill see you then.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddy, let me guy you a drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that code for something?

I dont get it.

M

Mystic_Of_Cats

<blockquote><hr>

I can think what ever I want. And you know you love it. Be honest. You love UO but you just cant admit it.

Anyway. Im sure we can argue 2,3 and 5 years from now that UO is on the way out. Ill see you then.

[/ QUOTE ]
KR is a joke. I still use 2D. Looks and works better.

I use to love UO, but that love is long gone. If I wanted to play UO worth playing, I'd play a freeshard. At least the devs of those actually care about the game.

Have fun arguing that if it's still around hanging by the thin threads. I'm making an inventory as we speak to sell my account. :\

E

Eden13

<font color="purple"> I pay for 7 accounts, most 9+ years. My main char used to be hot stuff in this game. Guild Leader, owner of a luna mall, a castle, 2 keeps, 3 18x18, etc. I own one of every rare, event item or server birth item. At one point I was spending 10+ hours a day acquiring wealth. I spent my real-life cash on many of the items.

Then Something Happened... My guild went from 75 players (not counting muliple chars from the same player) down to about 10. I would meet friends in RL, get them to start an account, and within a month, they'd quit! The have-nots who didn't spend as much time in game as I did would give me grief. Too many 12 year olds speaking like they were texting. There was no more community, no monsters I couldn't take out with 3 flamestrikes. I got bored.

Well, in October I started another game, and no, it's not WoW. There is no fee, and I can play it for 2 hours a day and amass virtual wealth. I have yet to experience a bug. There is new content once a month.

I've been logging in to UO once a week to collect rent off the vendors, drop vacation feeders in the tanks, and see if anything had changed. I saw a house burning (kinda near my mall) so I logged in to stratics to see what happened. Gee. I had reported scriptors for years, and would see them the next week recall mining, etc. Finally, they did something. Maybe too little, too late.

I've recently learned about tax on my monthly charges. Guess what - that's the last straw.
My main char will own the castle; the rares which I spent about $4K for will get stored in the castle. Mythic loses the fees for 6 of my 7 accounts. I will continue to own the rares I paid cash for, on the off chance that I find a sucker, er, I mean new player, to sell them to. </font>

<center> Goodbye. *Miss D waves to Pacific* </center>

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
KR is a joke. I still use 2D. Looks and works better.

I use to love UO, but that love is long gone. If I wanted to play UO worth playing, I'd play a freeshard. At least the devs of those actually care about the game.

Have fun arguing that if it's still around hanging by the thin threads. I'm making an inventory as we speak to sell my account. :\

[/ QUOTE ]

You have any stuff on atlantic.

G

<blockquote><hr>

All they need todo is add something Ultima... no elves, no glasses, no more stupid useless collectible items (I thought it would stop at virtual cow statues...), no more requests for dwarves, no more samurai stuff, no more peerless raid/1970's style RPG mechanics.

Ultima.

Simple as that.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, I love my cow statue!!

T

twilighteyes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not that I've logged in to do anything either.

Our family was paying for four accounts but once I started seeing charges of $14.xx instead of $12.99 and I called to see what the deal was -- they are starting to tax now us now?? That was the last straw.

I'm sick of talking to tech support in INDIA, number one.

They could have at least sent out e-mail letting people know that the accounts are going to be taxed, number two.

I cancelled the two accounts that were being billed monthly. When the six month accounts come around again I'm thinking that is probably the end. Although one of those is my son's and he'll be sad -- he needs to concentrate on school anyway.

And as Eden said ... plenty of free games out there.

I've been playing since 1997 and will be really sad to see my accounts go, but...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I showed four people KR recently. Not one of them wanted to play it. Two of them said they might give 2d a try for 30 days. They liked the freedom to play characters however you want and of course housing. But, lack of updates and no new content won't keep them around.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I showed four people KR recently. Not one of them wanted to play it. Two of them said they might give 2d a try for 30 days. They liked the freedom to play characters however you want and of course housing. But, lack of updates and no new content won't keep them around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get what youre saying. And agree changes are needed.

But shouldnt new people have a whole realm of new content. If they start now, are you saying by 30 days they will be bored.

Maybe you are onto something. Maybe the game has been so dumbed down with insurance, soulstones, skill increases, that you can go right to max characture with little effort.

My feeling for KR IS... Get it graphically working.
Keep all the interfaces exactly the same when you first log on.
Let the player turn on everything new as they wish.

Anyway.

G

Well they are spoiled playing other games and getting updates regularly. But, I don't think they'll be bored after 30 days BECAUSE there are so many play possibilities in UO. What MAY happen is they start reading here, for example, or talk to people in game and see that UO is idling along ATM and think "why bother"? and cancel. I HOPE they'll stay for at least 2-3 months free of outside influence and then decide to stay or go.

I

imported_Lariat

<blockquote><hr>

What MAY happen is they start reading here, for example, or talk to people in game and see that UO is idling along ATM...

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't you mean they'll see that UO is AN idling along ATM? For EA?

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
is AN idling along ATM? For EA? ...
not an improvement ... grammatically at least ...

Your STATE requesting taxes being collected ... hardly EAs fault.

resurrecting a post ... that was 9 days "cold" ... reminds me of a nursery rhyme.

That UO is long lived IS the point ...
If it had already died ... ceased to exist ...
Xin Law ...
Whatever in the world would you complain about ?
... sunshine? Darkness? alternate between 'em ?
And who in the net would read it ...
poor things

*****BY THE WAY 90% of all of the people that quit UO in the past couple of months quit
... I know, I know ... cause you read it on the forums ...
(can tell from the phrasing)

OP
02/04/08
More quitting posts...
No marketing or advertising to draw new players in, no shelf presence, nothing.
Day after day after day, a post, someone leaving the game.

Inactivity, inattention, no serious communication, no news other than the tired worn out "soon" and "when we can" stuff.

Come on Mythic, wake up! How long do you think you can hold out like this? and keep UO viable?

Being nice here, don't want to get modded...but someone needs to do something, and do it now!

Just saying ...
copy-n-paste-n-submit

probably woulda been quicker

B

Babble

Wouldn't it be better to go with Wittgenstein to answer like in 1.1.a then 1.1b and so on?
Much clearer

And does anyone know if wow collects the state tax in the us?

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

Wouldn't it be better to go with Wittgenstein to answer like in 1.1.a then 1.1b and so on?
Much clearer

And does anyone know if wow collects the state tax in the us?

[/ QUOTE ]
Wittgenstein was a hack ... in the 19th century meaning ...
A published hack, true ...
a hack nonetheless

ie ... the Buddhists ... long before ...
had a better grasp.

Besides ... no amount of pointing shouting punctuation ... etc.
REGARDLESS of author and or "Authority" ... or numerical notation
(in your case)
could possibly make this thread "clear"
(FOR your case)

clear?
oops!

already answered ...

Second question:
yes ... [possibly many]

B

Babble

Do you know then?

And since when are the buddhists control freaks?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What MAY happen is they start reading here, for example, or talk to people in game and see that UO is idling along ATM...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Nor do I care about grammar police on a game forum. But, I'll keep my Schoolhouse Rock dvd nearby in case I want an impromptu review.

G

New player feed back after a few months.

What I found is: I excelled through much of the game. Some players told me there is no way i could know about the game so much and be new.

There is lots of web pages and info. The skills are easy to train. So You can have several good characters in the first month even with no knowledge of the game. This may not apply to a person who has never played a MMORPG. But if you have been trying them all for 10+ years, your going to blaze into this one.

So, after a month I was asking myself, where do i get the good loot. I figured out doom was a good choice not only for artifacts but fairly decent dark father loot.

So after 2 months, i have several legendary characters, a decked out mule, lots of artifacts and I decide to PVP. After another month of that I realise outside of yew gate and champ spawns there is very little pvp incentive.

Its darn right hard to find fights elsewhere. Having larger guilds hold the champ spawns during prime hours, it leaves you at yew gate for fighting.

It was a challenge to build a decent suit to pvp in. But I did it, using money from IDOCs. Learning to pvp has been a chore, as there are many tricks of the trade to learn and you get a good pounding while on the learning wagon.

What I found is unlike most the tram side, the pvp side of the game is down ride rude. In fact its rare to find someone who isn't insulting after a fight having nothing to do if with if you won or lost.

There are bugs and such that were a bother in PVM, but in PVP they down right take away from the game. Its unreal the amount of problems with pvp, outside of incentive to pvp.

That being said, I have made some good friends on the pvp side and actually lost touch with my trammy buddies for the most part.

I am pretty shocked at the minimal amount of storyline/events etc that I have experienced in 4 months of steady play. No other game I have ever played has lacked updates/fixes/content as much as this. Yet the price is the same or close here.

I am enjoying pvp and looking forward to the pvp PLAYER RUN event coming soon. Developers seem to care because they are doing some fixes to allow the event.

How long will I stay? I dont know, I am here for a change and was bored with other games. None of them are perfect, but this game didnt look green from the other side of the fence, and its sure not a groomed pasture once I'm here playing.