• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Wow...that was a surprise - Heartwood Kit

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I am finally working a bowcrafter of my own. I have always had an archer but generally I've had friends take care of my fletching needs. When I returned to UO a few months ago I decided to put it on my crafter and I figured doing the Heartwood fletching quest would be a good use of resources. I've gone through about 70K in boards so far. I generally organize the craftsman satchels when I get back to my house. I was going through them and found this:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm...even more interesting. From the time I posted this until just now I received a yew kit too! My lucky day.

K

Kallie Pigeon

You suck!!! What are you posting here for??? (just kidding) (turns green with envy:coco: :danceb:)

Seriously that is great.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had one for two or three months now. Been waiting to gm arms lore before I use it. Been grinding through ggs and now at 99.8!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do totally suck actually. It was an amazing surprise!

I had to add arms lore when I came back to UO. It wasn't a useful skill when I took my break and then it was! I just setup an arms lore loop and let it run whenever I wasn't doing other stuff in UO. I could NOT have waited for GGS on it!!!

I am doing GGS on poisoning though, 97.7 or something at the moment.

D

Derrick83

I do totally suck actually. It was an amazing surprise!

I had to add arms lore when I came back to UO. It wasn't a useful skill when I took my break and then it was! I just setup an arms lore loop and let it run whenever I wasn't doing other stuff in UO. I could NOT have waited for GGS on it!!!

I am doing GGS on poisoning though, 97.7 or something at the moment.
Ok so I see a few posts about smith/tailor bod changes and then a few more post about peopel getting heatwood kits and people saying they are dropping more often ...etc... whats up? I looked on the UHall and I dont see any reported changes... why are all the crafting rewards being changed and where can I find the data on this?

U

UOKaiser

Ok so I see a few posts about smith/tailor bod changes and then a few more post about peopel getting heatwood kits and people saying they are dropping more often ...etc... whats up? I looked on the UHall and I dont see any reported changes... why are all the crafting rewards being changed and where can I find the data on this?
Dont bother looking in the uhall forum thats just for people to complain :)
Here in the crafter forum on the stickys there is research being done to confirm. Though there a couple post here detailing the change in the bod reward file received from the asian shards.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Curious for those who got the heartwood, were there alot of other people doing the quest as well?

U

UOKaiser

Cloak‡1321736 said:
Curious for those who got the heartwood, were there alot of other people doing the quest as well?
Maybe 4 or 5 at a time.

D

Derrick83

I was on my own.
Ummm. I just started doing them.. for the first time.. I had been doing the lethal darts quest and not getting ANY kits over LOTS of bolts. So I started to train up my fletching. I had 60 skill. 1st batch of 1250 boards.. I get a Yew kit. 2nd set of 1250 boards.. i get a heartwood kit.

2500 boards and a yew + heartwood kit.. my skill is now 65.8.

I am sure this will not keep up that kind of pace, but being as they said the odds were supposed to be 1/10000 the chances of me hittin that lotto right as I start is very slim unless something is up with the %%'s as people are talking about.

If I were you I would hop on doin some quests and see how it works for you..

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got two ash kits in my first 1100 wood of training. I really think the rng is all that matters and people are hoping that standing upside down etc will help their chances.
Well done getting those kits!
I like the talismans as well, with all their different combinations and I have had decent jewellry and bows as well.

D

Derrick83

I got two ash kits in my first 1100 wood of training. I really think the rng is all that matters and people are hoping that standing upside down etc will help their chances.
Well done getting those kits!
I like the talismans as well, with all their different combinations and I have had decent jewellry and bows as well.
Yeah I definately have gotten a few nice things from the quest. See a while ago before I quit playing you could get fletching kits from the Lethal Darts quest.. you can just take like 4000 bolts and never have to leave and they are stacked so you only target 1 thing to turn in. Its easy. I used about 6k bolts and got not 1 kit of any kind.

Then I hear people talking about the current influc of kits that came along with the tailoring/smith bod changes. I decided to see what results I would get. So i started from nothing... started at 60 skill got 1 of each of the 2 highest end kids within 2500 boards.

Granted I have no used 2500 more boards with 0 kits, so it COULD be that their is no change and and I hit the RNG lotto...but again people have been reporing they have noriced a LOT of people saying they have been getting heartwood runics lately.. and I got 2 within a hour so I just think their might be something to the rumor that they have changed the chances of getting kits.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been meaning to stone stealthing onto my bowcrafter for ages so I could try the quests in Sanctuary; but I am sure the chances will be just the same as in Heartwood. Just seems strange to have all those questgivers there in a crazy dungeon.

D

Derrick83

I've been meaning to stone stealthing onto my bowcrafter for ages so I could try the quests in Sanctuary; but I am sure the chances will be just the same as in Heartwood. Just seems strange to have all those questgivers there in a crazy dungeon.
Wait so people are just saying that its the quest givers in the sanctuary giving better drops??

I am just doing it in heartwood. Is their rumors that sanctuary gives better item and runic drops?

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait so people are just saying that its the quest givers in the sanctuary giving better drops??

I am just doing it in heartwood. Is their rumors that sanctuary gives better item and runic drops?
No no, I just wondered if it gave different drops at all. Sorry if I confused you.
But why are there crafter quests at the bottom of a tough dungeon to get through?

C

Cloak&Dagger

Maybe 4 or 5 at a time.

Would this be more than usual? Or more than have been there any other time you did the quest?

I ask simply because how the rng works, if more people are doing the quest there *should* be a higher chance of you all to get runics.

U

UOKaiser

Cloak‡1323462 said:
Would this be more than usual? Or more than have been there any other time you did the quest?

I ask simply because how the rng works, if more people are doing the quest there *should* be a higher chance of you all to get runics.
Most people I assume are doing the events. Currently other than me am seeing 8-9 people in the spot at this momment. It usually varies but thats the usual number I see when I do these quest. Though it looks like my theory with skills making a difference cannot be supported so it's just something that i've experience. But yea chances have being upped though haven't keeped track by how much.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Most people I assume are doing the events. Currently other than me am seeing 8-9 people in the spot at this momment. It usually varies but thats the usual number I see when I do these quest. Though it looks like my theory with skills making a difference cannot be supported so it's just something that i've experience. But yea chances have being upped though haven't keeped track by how much.

It could also be from the event, if I remember correctly the rng pulls from a giant pool of numbers and not area of task specific, so more people online doing more things would = greater rng usage and that would raise the chance to the runics as well.

As far as the skills aspect, are you saying lower skilled players get runics more often? Because I assure you I get way more on my 100 skilled char than on my 80ish skilled char.

U

UOKaiser

Cloak‡1323501 said:
It could also be from the event, if I remember correctly the rng pulls from a giant pool of numbers and not area of task specific, so more people online doing more things would = greater rng usage and that would raise the chance to the runics as well.

As far as the skills aspect, are you saying lower skilled players get runics more often? Because I assure you I get way more on my 100 skilled char than on my 80ish skilled char.
Nah I training fletching last weekend on a new character as well as when I did fletching quest with characters with certain amount of skill I only received comparable runics. Like if I wasn't gm I wouldn't get a heart wood runic or if I wasn't in the 90 'no yew kits or 70-80s no ash kit and below that only oak. Though I experienced this it doesn't look like anybody else has so it probably was a freak thing with me.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Nah I training fletching last weekend on a new character as well as when I did fletching quest with characters with certain amount of skill I only received comparable runics. Like if I wasn't gm I wouldn't get a heart wood runic or if I wasn't in the 90 'no yew kits or 70-80s no ash kit and below that only oak. Though I experienced this it doesn't look like anybody else has so it probably was a freak thing with me.
Hmm well I have gotten yew and below in the 80's but no heartwood that I can remember.