• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WoW Stratics Beta Key Winners

E

Eldorian

First I just wanted to say thanks again for entering the WoW Stratics Beta Key contest we held this week - we had over 500 total entries, unfortunately we can only give out 10 of these suckers.

So how did I choose these 10 people this time? Well, I dumped EVERYONE into a numbered spreadsheet, logged into WoW and used their random dice roll generator to pick the 10 people.

So here's the 10 people that won their rolls and gained the Epic Loot:

1. Zombiewench
2. penguindude
3. Shiftey
4. Lalixir
5. Ssonic19
6. Telbor
7. theCROM
8. mithos244
9. Athri06
10. vladbblhrth

Congratulations to these 10 winners. Here shortly I will be sending you a private message on these forums of what I need from you so you can get your beta key.

Come back again as I expect us to have another similar contest sometime in the near future!

E

Eldorian

Holding on of sending the rest of these keys out right now.

Waiting to hear back from Blizzard as the few I did send out are coming back as "invald key"

S

Ssonic19

Heh, well, I started the download 13 hours ago and I'm still working on patches, so no rush.

A

autarctic

I've been informed it's being looked into.

Cool Grats to all the winners and I hope everything gets worked out for you all. It must have really sucked to have WON and LOST beta in the same contest like that.

YES I WON...:eek:snap:
WHAT THE KEY IS BROKE...:sad4:

N

Nyaz

Hooray! Lucky you people who can actually get into the beta a lot faster than my "soon".

All I have to do to entertain myself these days are trolling forums about how sad I am about not ever getting the stupid invite-mail. Or something xD

W

wtfisit123

aw man, no key, oh well, still no word on WWI card beta inv either, but anyway, gratz beta key winners, good luck and have fun in beta :)

A

Athri06

Thank you very much, Eldorian.
Just keep us updated on the info.
=)

S

Shiftey

I talked with a blizzard rep about the beta key and he checked it, and someone else has already used it and there is nothing he can do to change it. So here is hoping because blizzard gave them to you for the sole reason to give out that they will replace the keys with new ones that work. just thought I would inform everyone on what I heard from my own exp trying to fix mine.

Here hoping Eldorian can fix us up :)

P

penguinduude

Someone hacked our keys!! Anyways thanks for keeping us informed Eldorian.

M

mithos244

Im so happy Gratz to the other nine winners and hope those of you who didnt win get in soon.:D

S

Shiftey

This is like TBC all over again

In TBC whoever participated in a particular PTR got into beta....well my name was on the list and i never got my beta key and blizz said they sent it but i never got it... /sigh

E

Eldorian

This is like TBC all over again

In TBC whoever participated in a particular PTR got into beta....well my name was on the list and i never got my beta key and blizz said they sent it but i never got it... /sigh blizz is so incompetent
To be fair they have a user base of 10 million.

They're releasing a major expansion for their extremely popular game and trying to hit a deadline. They're also getting close to a major event that has been planned that had some huge interest this year.

They want from a small game company to one of the biggest in a matter of a couple years. I say give them a bit of slack.

S

Shiftey

To be fair they have a user base of 10 million.

They're releasing a major expansion for their extremely popular game and trying to hit a deadline. They're also getting close to a major event that has been planned that had some huge interest this year.

They want from a small game company to one of the biggest in a matter of a couple years. I say give them a bit of slack.
i understand this it just i wish they would fix their mistakes
(im not angry btw)

S

Shiftey

Yeah sorry in my post it might have sound like i was angry but i am just frustrated cause this has happened to be more than once

V

vladbblhrth

ahh, that would answer my question then, although, one thought, are all the keys that you sent out invalid or did some people not have any complaints?

O, and you might want to check the clock on the site, it seems to be off by about 15 minutes

S

Ssonic19

Any chance someone could have stuck their hand in the cookie jar without you noticing?

A

Atvaar

Its not an issue I did not have any DKP so I ninja'ed I rolled need on the keys... k that wasn't true but never trust the tauren druid... sneak sneak MOO!!
:scholar:
in the rock paper scissors universe
druid>pirate hurricane beats pirate ship just ask any sailor
pirate>ninja sorry have you tried sinking a ship with a chinese star?
ninja>everything not listed <POOF> Ninja vanish!!

hence druids rool an duh rest of ya drool :gun:

E

Eldorian

Alright, I apologize.
Oh, no problem... just letting you know that I'll let people know when I know... right now it's just a matter of me finding out what's going on and I'm at complete mercy of Blizzard.

L

Lalixir

Well to pass the time....

He who makes it sells it
He who buys it doesn't use it
He who uses it doesn't know it.

What is 'it'?

P

penguinduude

I think just got a opt-in invite. Can't check it on the school computers though >.>

V

vladbblhrth

another one to help pass time, its an easy one:

mce
mce
mce

E

Eldorian

Quick update:

I'm going to send out the rest of the keys tonight when I get home from work. Please let me know if they work or not.

S

Shiftey

i hope they get to Eldorian before the weekend =D

and i hope you guys keys work

A

autarctic

I guess this is a little off topic, but with this mess with the keys. do you think that there will be another event to hand out keys? If you don't know that's cool just wondering with this big fiasco going on.

P

penguinduude

Woot that was an opt-in invite. Now I can give the other one to a friend of mine :)

M

mithos244

Quick update:

I'm going to send out the rest of the keys tonight when I get home from work. Please let me know if they work or not.
does the post above mean you home from work and are sending other keys to see if they work?

A

Athri06

Did you send the rest of the keys out?
If so, I haven't received mine, to tell you if it works or not.