• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Wow! I don't even know where to start.

L

Layla_Blue

So I reactivated three accts that I haven't touched for a loooong time. Not only I am amazed by how much things have changed, but I have a ton of stuff that I used to think was junk that I'm afaid to throw away now.

So I have a couple of questions after reading the first 20 pages of this forum, if you kind folks wouldn't mind answering...

1)Is 'made by' and 'crafted by' the same thing?

2)I have a ton of clothes, runebooks, and weapons that are all tagged like that...('crafted by so and so'). Do they need another modifier to be desirable?

3)How much is a full set of Daemon Bone armor worth? Ranger Armor?

4) I have a slab of Bacon.. Is it still worth anything?

I'll post a list later, I just want to sort through the junk... Maybe I don't have anything. lol. BTW: I'm on Great Lakes if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your time in advance. :)

K

Kratos Aurion

1) "made by" and "crafted by" are two different things. "Made by" is much rarer, and was created years ago when EA was tinkering around with the changing the crafting menus/system.

"crafted by" is how all items are shown today when GM crafted.

2) No they do not need another modifier to be desireable however, they can be rare and valuble if they show like this

I used a runebook in these examples, but they may apply to any item that was craftable.

"a runebook of exceptional quality"
"of exceptional quality"
"runebook [exceptional]"
"runebook made by (player name) [exceptional]"

3) Red daemon bone is cheap. Can find pieces from 5k-50k. A full suit may get 100k-200k

Ranger Armor is the same. 30-50k per piece, 250k-500k for the suit

4) I believe bacon can be stolen from npc farms inside chests.

And! Im also on Great Lakes. If you need any help sorting your items please send me a PM and I'll help you price check them in-game sometime later this weekend perhaps.

L

Layla_Blue

Ah, thank you. My head was swimming a bit. lol. I think I got myself confused.

Poor Bacon.. everyone wanted it back in the day...

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poor Bacon.. everyone wanted it back in the day...
Same thing with fruit baskets, used to be worth 250k (a lot, then), now 10-20k.

A note on the Daemon Bone, the helm is the rare piece, I sold one of those for 350k by itself recently. And, of course, if you have any Bone armor that says 'Daemon Bone' farther down in the list of properties, those are rare as well.

Generally, anything that says 'made by,' 'sewn by,' (blessed) or exceptional (with or without brackets [] ) in the TOP YELLOW line of text, is worth keeping. There are a few exceptions, but this guideline will get you most of the way there.

Best of luck.

L

Layla_Blue

Ok. That clears up some.
Now a couple examples (I swear I've been searching and I don't mean to annoy..).

Trash or not?

Potions that are marked as "yellow potion"?

A Crystal ball that has a seller's description and is in my backpack? (Same description twice.)

A bracelet that doesn't have any modifiers on it?

Felluca and trammel moonstones? Should I even bother with those?

I've been looking around on vendors, but all the prices seem like a lot to me. It's a lot of work!

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"A plain dress of exceptional quality" and similar items. I have a keys and such all like this. ---- This phrasing 'a xxxx of exceptional quality' is valuable, yes. 500k-2m or more/piece, depending on how common the base item type is.

Potions that are marked as "yellow potion"? ---- uncertain, I am not familiar with all npc inventories. It could be scarce, but probably no player market for them.

A Crystal ball that has a seller's description and is in my backpack? (Same description twice.) ---- 100-500k (Just be sure to always keep it inside a bag if placing it on a vendor for sale. If you do not, it will lose the seller's description and become less valuable.)

A bracelet that doesn't have any modifiers on it? --- 0.

Felluca and trammel moonstones? --- 50-100k or so each.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
please check if you have "a double axe made by so and so (the name doesn't matter) [exceptional]"

get back to me if you have this thanks

L

Layla_Blue

please check if you have "a double axe made by so and so (the name doesn't matter) [exceptional]"

get back to me if you have this thanks

That I don't have. :( Sorry.

I'm almost done with my list. Should I just post it in this thread or make a new one?

Thanks for the answers and such.. It's more help than you know! :)