• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WoW Considers Lock's good for Solo!

• Thread starter Bo Riddler
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bo Riddler

Hrmmm.

If you peek here

Blizzard Home

you'll see what Blizzard says about Warlocks. Or just peek at the last line of the copied text here....

Warlocks are masters of shadow, flame, and demonic power. They are a robed class that excels at plaguing their enemies with disease or curses, hurling bolts of fire or shadow energy across the battlefield, and summoning demons to aid them in combat. While warlocks are powerful casters that deal damage from a distance, their demonic powers can also protect or support their allies in battle, or even summon other players from across the world using ritual magic to conjure portals.

Available to: Gnomes, Humans, Orcs, Undead
Type: Debuffer and Cool Guy/Girl
Standard Bars: Health/Mana
Pet Bars: Health/Mana
Available Armor: Cloth
Available Weapons: Daggers, Wands, Staves, Swords
<font color="red"> Comments: Excellent solo class </font>

For sake of arguement, I would have to dissagree here. I do not think they make good solo characters. So, does this mean then that I am not using my pets correctly? Or is their thoughts off base?

Bo

NeroRathe

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always thought of them as excellent soloing classes, then again, I think that most Pet type classes have advantages to soloing.

The ability to have a pet tank, while you DoT and kite should make it a far easier class to solo with than others.

G

I find them to be a great solo class. One of the best besides Rogue.

However they just nerfed our DOTs for several spells *sulks*

G

*sulks*

Though I have to say Locks are not only a good solo class, they can be very integral to groups and helping groups. Most people don't realize that and try to tell me how to play my lock in a situation I've been in and I know...and I'll do what they say, let them die because of it then say "Let's do it -my- way."

I think it's sad that Locks got nerfed i think 10% on spells like Corruption, Agony, etc. But at the same time I see the need for it . I just hope it doesn't mess our solo ability because it is nice to sometimes not deal with other people and....*grins* Im teasing. really.

NeroRathe

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just say it this way, I hate, hate, hate, and HATE seeing a Horde Warlock in PvP, the class is just killer, and people who know how to play 'em...cheers!

I LOVE having a Warlock on my team in PvP, and anytime I'm in a PvE group, I know plenty of folks prefer a mage, I just love what locks do, and how they do it. I know most folks attribute raid wiping moves to a Tank or a Healer, but with their utility, I know plenty of locks who come up with some amazing stuff to prevent a wipe. (we're talking 5 man instances here, they've never tanked Instructor Razuvious for 30 seconds like this rogue has, saving a raid wipe.
)

I dont know..cheers to all you locks, that's probably the one class I wish I would have spent some time with taking to 60, that I never did.

G

Yay for warlock love.

As I level higher, I'm getting better and better at the saving people. That soulstone is godsend in a bad situation. Healthstone crack is also valuable...that and sicking your pet and running can save lives as well.

I faced a couple sits solo the other night where I watched a Hunter who was higher level than me wipe at. And with timing and thinking, I died once due to an accidental 4 pull instead of 2

I

imported_Dellamorte

Au contraire, my friend.. warlocks are probably the BEST solo class.. next to perhaps hunters. Could be a matter of build, pet usage, or strategy. From level 1 to 70, I've always been able to solo things that my peers could not.

G

Locks, IMHO are better than Hunters for solo grinding.

I was able to take my lock places at levels that whenI took my hunter there at same levels got wiped.