• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wow an experience that proves the dragons are better than anything.

L

Lord Mike

Well just to show my personal experiences with the new gimp Dragons. I soulstones hiding/stealth/ninja onto my tamer and took my untrained bonded Greater Dragon out to despise.

I came across a group of reds/blues running the spawn. In Cat form, wielding the -0 mage wep(a pathetic gimp all its own) I summoned my dragon and promptly took 4 counts on blues. I was then being attacked by about 2 red mages and a red dexxie. I stuck my pet on 1 mage, it killed him without even moving. It looked like it fire breathed it and then dbl flamestruke and the guy was dead. Stuck it on the dexxer he ran with it chasing him and in about 6 second I see '4000 gold was deposited into your bankbox' last mage, ran when I summoned it back to me.

These things are just too powerful for the own good! They ended up coming back and trying to kill me upon which I stealthed away a bit, but I didnt want to ball my dragon to my location and I watched as with about 7 of them they continued to die trying to kill it. They didn't get it past 5/6 life at anypoint with 7 of them attacking it!

If UO meant to make tamers god, they have achieved this. However I myself think the power is too much and would rather see these gone. They do nothing but become meat shields at peerless that you don't even have to worry about, and 1 destroys 10 players in pvp.

I can't figure out why people think they are 'slow and can be outran.' Mine has killed about 10 people so far that I found their bodies 4-5 screens away. They launch their fire breath delayed on targets and just continue to dump on them as they outrun them. They also fly into houses no problem to kill people even with house private. They are way too uber for their own good lol. Just get rid of the abomination before I go red lol.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Couldnt you actually tell us that you are a red necromage that got killed and want them nerfed instead of this bogus post. Since you obvius arent a tamer and didnt kill any dexxer a screen away with your drag and got gold for it.

Just so you know, if you want to tell a story dont tell us ones that cant be true. No tamer get gold if pet does the killing and since you told us that you send your pet after the dexxer the dragons keep the gold for itself.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

Stuck it on the dexxer he ran with it chasing him and in about 6 second I see '4000 gold was deposited into your bankbox'

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a flaw in what your saying mike, when you kill someone with a pet you don't get the gold from it.

I

imported_revenant2

In areas like Despise and wooded areas, where there's stuff to get stuck on, and like, a small area like the despise island, yeah one of those superdragons would be hard to get away from.

I laughed reading your description of what happened in there.. its funny reading.

There is an inconsistancy as mentioned by another poster... you don't get gold from pet kills.

Did you make any of the story up?

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

Did you make any of the story up?

[/ QUOTE ]
naw ... tis all true ... all true ...

No one fabricates nothing just to get their way ...

He's already well established his support material ...

back here

Ancient stuff ... from the dawn of tamers ...

nothing incongruous about nothing ...

(certainly doesn't qualify as high grade "creative writting")

I

imported_lady michelle

Cant summons pets into fel champ spawn dungeons. Surprise that this one got by you other posters tsk tsk. Im a tamer and think these dragons are to powerful. but anyways a very entertaining story

A

Al Thorin

One time, at Tamer Camp, I killed all the GM's with nothing but a llama, and my birthday suit.

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

These things are just too powerful for the own good! They ended up coming back and trying to kill me upon which I stealthed away a bit, but I didnt want to ball my dragon to my location and I watched as with about 7 of them they continued to die trying to kill it. They didn't get it past 5/6 life at anypoint with 7 of them attacking it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. Stop it. Last week, a few guildies and myself caught an enemy factioneer taming one of these dragons. He finished taming just as we saw him. We chased him outside where he ran into a house right next to the Destard entrance. For whatever reason, he decided to attack one of us with the dragon from inside the house. The dragon came out and we all jumped on it. Result: Dead dragon in about thirty seconds or so. One guy came close, but none of us croaked. (IIRC, there were four of us)

This was on Siege Perilous by the way. So I assure you that we were all wearing gear that even an average prodo shard player would laugh at.

I

imported_revenant2

I heard you can pet-ball summon into champ areas from 3rd level and higher? I haven't tried it before.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

I heard you can pet-ball summon into champ areas from 3rd level and higher? I haven't tried it before.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh sure ... just need to hit one of the spawns without any PvP "assisted players" around ...

I

imported_revenant2

<blockquote><hr>

oh sure ... just need to hit one of the spawns without any PvP "assisted players" around ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's actually more like.......

... I'm almost always on a different char at spawns, not my tamer

... pets sorta make Barracoon run everywhere except where you want him to run anyway. And the last time I brought my cu-sidhe to help kill an arachnid spawn champ it was hard as hell to keep the dog alive, christ. It sorta ate the dog.

A high-HP, high resist superdragon might be better at it.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

I see '4000 gold was deposited into your bankbox' last mage, ran when I summoned it back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my favorite thread in weeks! Its like one of those 2 minute mystery books where you have to find the errors in the person's story.

Here he says '4000 gold'. Ok, there is NO WAY to get 4000 gold from killing someone. Insurance is always 600gp and you get 300gp. You can either get 3900 or 4200. 4000 is not divisible by 300.

LOL

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

I blame those darn CSI shows. (I f'in hate them!)

I

imported_mr.blackmage

so regardless, it took 4 people 30 seconds to kill an uncontrolled weakened super dragon.

You think that's cool? That works out to be about 3 minutes for a mage to somehow manage to kill a pet that interrupts about 80% of your spells while the player is also attacking you, while you still have to somehow heal yourself.

So ya, while the original post is a fictional story, I don't think it's too far off the mark.

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I see '4000 gold was deposited into your bankbox' last mage, ran when I summoned it back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my favorite thread in weeks! Its like one of those 2 minute mystery books where you have to find the errors in the person's story.

Here he says '4000 gold'. Ok, there is NO WAY to get 4000 gold from killing someone. Insurance is always 600gp and you get 300gp. You can either get 3900 or 4200. 4000 is not divisible by 300.

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the victim saved on insurance by switching to Geico.
*rimshot*

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

so regardless, it took 4 people 30 seconds to kill an uncontrolled weakened super dragon.

You think that's cool? That works out to be about 3 minutes for a mage to somehow manage to kill a pet that interrupts about 80% of your spells while the player is also attacking you, while you still have to somehow heal yourself.

So ya, while the original post is a fictional story, I don't think it's too far off the mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it was cool. It was gankage. Just like the gankage that he claims to have taken place on his untrained super dragon. I posted my TRUE story to shed light on part of his ridiculous Paul-Bunyanesque tall tale.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe the victim saved on insurance by switching to Geico.
*rimshot*

[/ QUOTE ]
That has to be the funniest thing i have seen on these boards.
Now excuse me while I clean the spewed coke off my screen

I

imported_mr.blackmage

your true story took 4 people 30 seconds to drop the tamers defense. Now take that scenario and make it a 1v1, with a pet capable of instantly killing someone with a firebreath and a combo of spells, and a mage (or archer) hitting you as well, without the ability to get away from either people. Yeah. Cool.

N

Nerf-Herder

Dude, I know what you're talking about. I know damn well how gimp pets are in PvP. I'm not trying to glorify or justify the people that do it, nor am I suggesting that killing the new dragons is an easy task. It's not.

I just want people with complaints about getting rocked by the new dragons in PvP (or using one to kill people) to be honest about the encounters.

There is no need to over state their power. The truth is painful enough!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
You know what is even more funny? Pet kills give you no gold.

L

LAH Architect

I'm impressed by your quick analysis of this post using your game knowledge !

I think this Post is Superb as it is an example of how incompetent PvPers are trying to nerf the PvP-Tamer. They go to such lengths to spin a story !

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
You know what is even more funny? Pet kills give you no gold.

[/ QUOTE ]*nod nod*

Clearly OP also has far better control over his pets than I do if he managed consistently to keep his pet interested in chomping his chosen player victims instead of the bazillion random lizzies, ophids and dragonkin in the Destard champ spawn which would have been attacking it... Impressive!

Eggs

Hatchlings

G

It's ok, I've provided a translation to help you make sense of this story...

<blockquote><hr>

I soulstones hiding/stealth/ninja onto my tamer and took my untrained bonded Greater Dragon out to despise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fully gimped up....

<blockquote><hr>

In Cat form

[/ QUOTE ]
..... [censored]....

<blockquote><hr>

I summoned my dragon and promptly took 4 counts on blues.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn RPers...

<blockquote><hr>

I was then being attacked by about 2 red mages and a red dexxie.

[/ QUOTE ]
They were so good I lost count in the heat of battle...

<blockquote><hr>

I stuck my pet on 1 mage, it killed him without even moving.

[/ QUOTE ]
My dragon knowz haxz!

<blockquote><hr>

I see '4000 gold was deposited into your bankbox'

[/ QUOTE ]
Even though tamers don't get insurance for pet kills. I'm that good!

<blockquote><hr>

I watched as with about 7 of them they continued to die trying to kill it. They didn't get it past 5/6 life at anypoint with 7 of them attacking it!

[/ QUOTE ]
Good thing they weren't trying to tame it then! Silly RPers....

<blockquote><hr>

However I myself think the power is too much and would rather see these gone.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a member of Tamer Self Hate Anonymous. When no one is looking I tell it to burn me...

<blockquote><hr>

I can't figure out why people think they are 'slow and can be outran.'

[/ QUOTE ]
Normally the freshly tamed dragon doesn't come with a stealth ninja pet-balling gimp as standard. I got a special deal from the sales manager...

<blockquote><hr>

Mine has killed about 10 people so far that I found their bodies 4-5 screens away.

[/ QUOTE ]
Weeee flying RPers!

<blockquote><hr>

They also fly into houses no problem to kill people even with house private.

[/ QUOTE ]
I R l33t IDOC3r tBh

<blockquote><hr>

Just get rid of the abomination before I go red lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
Help me delete my gimp persona before I have to defend myself as a red!

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done Wenchkin, well done. There is no LOL, LMAO or ROTFL that can describe the good laugh you have given me tonight and for that i thank you.

To the original poster, all i can say at this point is: OH SNAP!

I

imported_lubertdas

Okay, true story:

I took my invis'd bonded greater dragon to Yew gate. Bunch of reds around, circling the perimeter of the GZ, waiting to para-field-gank, while blues summoned for guards that didn't appear.

After careful timing, I bola'd a red mage character and sic'd my dragon on him. He ran off, with my dragon dragging it's apparently heavy tail behind it, having delivered 1/3 damage to the mage's hit points. After it disappeared from my screen -- no, not because it was crazy fast, teleporting everywhere, maneuvering around house steps and such, I summoned it back with my petball to me.

Five seconds later, I was dead. That crazy mage ran off screen and away from my dragon, mounted up, precast explosion and had two more of his buddies cast simultaneously on me. I like the greater dragon for PvM a lot, though it actually under performs compared to my other pets for a good number of my favorite hunting creatures. I don't find my greater dragon particularly advantageous in PvP except perhaps to ward off an attacker. I've had better success with my mare and dragon.

Fighting someone one on one with my greater dragon, I'd probably end up chasing the person away, not killing them. The majority of the times I do kill someone with my pet(s) is with the advantage of a surprise dismount. In group fights, good team work always prevails. Which usually results in me walking with the dead. High five!

While I can't say this story should be held as a standard, it's one person's experience that is truthful and based on actual experiences.

C

Connor_Graham

*sings*

Let me tell you a story 'bout a man named Jed.
Poor mountaineer. Barely kept his family fed.
Then one day he was shootin' at some food,
When up from the ground come a'bubblin' crude.

Oil that is.
Black Gold.
Texas Tea....

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been doing some testing with a Greater Dragon and this is what I have come up with in my opinion. The Dragon can take massive amounts of damage and is a fine PvM pet though it takes much longer then some of my other pets to slay some monsters.
As for PvP it is way to slow to be affective, It gets hung up on objects way to often. I find my Nightmare and Rune Beetle combo to be much more deadly to PvP foes. The pair of these two pets can cast twice as many spells in the same time, Can strike faster on fleeing foes, and with the Rune Beetles special skills can hurt other players more.
The Greater Dragon forces me to be on foot because it takes up 5 control slot and it still has trouble keeping up with me when I run. I have to constantly stop to wait for it to catch up with me. So in most PvP situations it can be avoided with ease if you just run away from it.
In my humble opinion it should only be used in PvP for choke points, defensive situations, and only in mostly wide open spaces. Thats the places where it can shine otherwise most good PvPers have nothing to fear.

I

imported_Goron

Lord mike, thats nothing! listen to this experience that proves that greater chickens can whoop anyone ever!
So, I was cruisin thru trammel, and I came across this great chicken, so I was like, hey great chicken, let me tame you. So i tamed it.

Then, I was like, cruisin thru shame, and i found these guys killin these things, so i put my greater chicken -I named it "Sir Chadwick"- on them. But oh noes! I was still in trammel so nothing happened, so i went and I told them I wanted to make them dead and they should come to fellucia. and then i swore at them some. And then they came to FEL!!! OMG.

So then here we wuz in fel, together. Me (my character name was "Quiggles"), Sir Chadwick, and these like, at least 85 other guys. We were just outside Yew gate. and i was like "All Kill" and my chicken started killin these guys.

So I killed like 70% of them, thats like, 59.5 people!!!!! ZOMG!!! before like 5 guys and their greater dragons came, I knew they were greater fdragons because I lored them and took screen shots and rubbed the print outs on myself.

So then, I was like, "I call you Sir Chadwick!!!" + "All kill" and sir chadwick went all ape [censored] and started chewin on the greater dragons' legs. And stuff. And then, the greater dragons all died and I lived. BUT OMG NO THERE WERE STILL 25.5 PEOPLE ELFT TO KILL!

I was like hurting, and I was almost out of stamina from chasing these guys and killing them, but MY GREATER CHICKEN CASTED STAMINA REFRESH ON ME!!!! You no, that spell!!!!! SO then I went and killeded the rest of the guys. In the end I had like 4,000,000, maybe 8,000,000 gold form insuranc emoney!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND Sir Chadwick was STILL ONLY HALF LIFE!@!!!!!!!11!!
And then i burned down my house for mor einsurance money!!!! And then I won the lottery!!! Then I BOUGHT LORD BRITISHES'S CASSEL!!!!! OMG *cough*

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

Lord mike, thats nothing! listen to this experience that proves that greater chickens can whoop anyone ever!
So, I was cruisin thru trammel, and I came across this great chicken, so I was like, hey great chicken, let me tame you. So i tamed it.

Then, I was like, cruisin thru shame, and i found these guys killin these things, so i put my greater chicken -I named it "Sir Chadwick"- on them. But oh noes! I was still in trammel so nothing happened, so i went and I told them I wanted to make them dead and they should come to fellucia. and then i swore at them some. And then they came to FEL!!! OMG.

So then here we wuz in fel, together. Me (my character name was "Quiggles"), Sir Chadwick, and these like, at least 85 other guys. We were just outside Yew gate. and i was like "All Kill" and my chicken started killin these guys.

So I killed like 70% of them, thats like, 59.5 people!!!!! ZOMG!!! before like 5 guys and their greater dragons came, I knew they were greater fdragons because I lored them and took screen shots and rubbed the print outs on myself.

So then, I was like, "I call you Sir Chadwick!!!" + "All kill" and sir chadwick went all ape [censored] and started chewin on the greater dragons' legs. And stuff. And then, the greater dragons all died and I lived. BUT OMG NO THERE WERE STILL 25.5 PEOPLE ELFT TO KILL!

I was like hurting, and I was almost out of stamina from chasing these guys and killing them, but MY GREATER CHICKEN CASTED STAMINA REFRESH ON ME!!!! You no, that spell!!!!! SO then I went and killeded the rest of the guys. In the end I had like 4,000,000, maybe 8,000,000 gold form insuranc emoney!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND Sir Chadwick was STILL ONLY HALF LIFE!@!!!!!!!11!!
And then i burned down my house for mor einsurance money!!!! And then I won the lottery!!! Then I BOUGHT LORD BRITISHES'S CASSEL!!!!! OMG *cough*

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be true. I read it on the internet. In the version I read, it ended with Chadwick summoning his dragon to him in real life and making it do his homework for him.