• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WoW Account Recovery

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
A few friends of mine that I work with have talked me into returning to Warcraft. The thing is that I am kind of clueless about getting my account back. I quit playing Warcraft when level 60 was the highest you could go. Thus,it was way before Battlenet registration and all that. Can someone tell me where to start so I may get my level 60 tauran shaman back up and going?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not sure if you got in or not, but I know reclaiming my WoW account after almost 7 years (played heavy in 2005 & 2006 - quit November '06) it was a whole lot easier than reclaiming my UO accounts!

Here's what I did:
  1. Register on Battlenet
    1. That includes creating an account and REGISTERING the Blizzard games I bought (including StarCraft, my BattleChest editions for WoW and Diablo)
  2. Call WoW support
    1. I submitted a ticket via my newly registered Battlenet account stating I haven't played since 2006 and would like my account back, please.
    2. I got a really quick reply with a phone number to call. Not sure if publishing that number is kosher so I suggest submitting your own ticket.
  3. Using past credit card information, and of course, some _really_ deep searching of my email archives - I was able to prove I own the account while on the phone - thus restoration began.
After that, the WoW support guys took care of everything else. As a welcome back, I got some toon tweaks (boosted from lvl 20 to lvl 80) and a gift of decent but not uber armor so as to participate in raids to get some better stuff. Also got a free griffon and a "welcome back" gift box but won't mention what was in it - gotta leave some surprises!

Overall the rather painless process took 2 days, and the support guys were very personable, understanding and happy to have a returning player.

It took about 2 months of playing to get back into it again - and honestly I don't regret it. :)

deoblin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If you can’t log in with the Battle.net account you use, or if this account’s World of Warcraft or Diablo III characters/heroes and items are missing, our automated recovery process can help. In addition, our customer support representatives are available to work with you. Click the button at the bottom of the page to get started.