• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would you like to see Trammel go?

Would you like to see Trammel go?

• Yes, Trammel should be abolished!

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • No, most parts of the land should be PK-free!

Votes: 160 69.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe blood should flow across the lands like spilled wine on a white carpet. Of course I was around when things were once like that in this game. That was what seems like a life time ago now.

There are very few places in the game I think PvP should be disallowed. It would not make sense to allow full out PvP in the gauntlet for instance because no one would go in and risk losing an artifact they just spent hours trying to earn. You know people would go in to the gauntlet and kill people randomly just to try and get an artifact without working for it at all.

New haven would also be a great spot to disallow PvP so that new players could actually work skill without being wtf pwned every time they leave town.

Other than the obvious areas though I see no reason the game shouldn't have more places PvP can happen. We have insurance and it isn't expensive.

I also remember a time when we had nothing but felucca and there were PK hunters. Guilds of players who actively hunted and killed anyone with a red name. I wouldn't mind seeing that one more time.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I hated thieves.
Don't worry there are only a few of us left...and by that I'm not counting all the folks that just steal arties in Malas and Tokuno, regardless of your paperdoll your not a thief until you swipe something out of another players backpack...It's part of the Code.

E

Evilminion

Silly, silly, silly question.

If you want to PvP, play in Fel. If you don't, play in Tram.

And if I'm not calling for the removal of your preferred style of play, please refrain from pushing to have mine removed.

Thank ya. :lick:

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted yes its one of the main reasons I hardly play EA anymore.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your poll is kind of biased, I don't want to see Trammel go BUT! I also don't want MOST parts of the game PK-Free.

It's a good thing SA will have PK areas or a Felucca version- that's still not clear but in this or the other way reds will be able to access it.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Your poll is kind of biased, I don't want to see Trammel go BUT! I also don't want MOST parts of the game PK-Free.

It's a good thing SA will have PK areas or a Felucca version- that's still not clear but in this or the other way reds will be able to access it.
The one change I would like to see, allow Factions to fight in Tram, and bring back the Chaos and Order system. That would allow consensual PvP in Tram (like it used to be with Chaos v Order, and guild wars.) If you don't want PvP, you just don't join up with one of those groups. I think that would also bring more PvPer's to the Tram side.

:postcount:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think the choice of being involved in PvP (while maintaining the ability to access content outside of towns) or not is a good thing.

By the same token, I think the track record for PvP support in UO for the past several years has been rather abhorrent, so I can understand he frustration within the PvP community.

They need to make PvP fun, enticing, and rewarding for the people who WANT to be involved with it.

However, I'll keep the OP in mind in case he decides to trot the "Trammel players always want to destroy Fel" meme after posting this poll/thread.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hawkeye - if anything should go, it should be Fel (well, at least its desolation and ruleset) - and be replaced with toggles (individual, and guild/alliance toggles - the latter two force the entire group into one or the other, and one can only be allied with like guilds) that allows one to choose which playstyle they want.

Choosing the "pvp toggle" as "on" would make one targetable by thieves in all facets; and the names of all people toggled differently than you would be in italics, so you'd look for people with the "normal" font for targets in PvP/thievery. The toggle could only be changable in one's home, once every 24 hours, unless the guild warchief or alliance's lead guild warchief throws the switch for the entire group (which itself would only work once per 24 hours). If a character logs on and finds the guild toggle has been flipped, they get a gump to either keep their current setting (and leave their guild) or have the setting changed (during which they cannot move, and cannot be attacked). The guild or alliance switch can't be thrown if any member is in a champ spawn area.

Most of the Champ spawns would require the toggle to be on for a character to enter their area (the ones that didn't would have a 24 hour cooldown timer for every character present when the champ spawns, through its death).

S

ShadowJack

pvp toggles are a bad idea

chaos and order was pretty fun

I'm going to start laughing when the reds want to start having tram access

you could give them toggles

K

Kendra_of_Umbra

Do you think honestly this thread will be anything but a troll fest?

Without the introduction of Trammel, UO wouldn't be here today. I'm not going to argue that point with anyone. Even though some will disagree with that no matter what evidence is shown to prove otherwise, it's the truth.
QFT

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The one change I would like to see, allow Factions to fight in Tram, and bring back the Chaos and Order system. That would allow consensual PvP in Tram (like it used to be with Chaos v Order, and guild wars.) If you don't want PvP, you just don't join up with one of those groups. I think that would also bring more PvPer's to the Tram side.

:postcount:
I wouldn't mind that to be honest as long as they didn't tie guilds in with it...you know all or nothing where either the entire guild has to be Factions or None can be.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What do you mean WHEN? They've been begging for Tram access for a long time (usually accompanied with some weird set of made up rules to get around the no non-con PvP aspect of the Trammel ruleset).

S

ShadowJack

What do you mean WHEN? They've been begging for Tram access for a long time (usually accompanied with some weird set of made up rules to get around the no non-con PvP aspect of the Trammel ruleset).

No way.

S

ShadowJack

I actually think they should put statloss back in, but with a greater number to reach it, and a faster decay to get you out of it, no perma red.

just leash the wild dogs a little

and after statloss it'd only last a day or two *if you died AND rezed before timer hit back below*

make those counts count

murderer isn't a skill class like thieves

I simply think (then I'm letting go of it in this thread)

Take out item insurance of fel,

no reds in tram

bring back the thief class *even put some skill moves in for it*

keep thieves unable to give counts, but will make blues grey if attacked when not grey or having stolen something without dying

reds open steal all day long for the thieves without criminal flag

stealing from a blue would be criminal

it's not that hard of an idea, and would work for fel

C

ChessyGoddess

Yes, Trammel should be abolished! 24.68%
No, most parts of the land should be PK-free! 75.32%

I think that says it all :)

C

Crow

Tram is UO-lite...not much better then playing the Sims...

I personally believe people who enjoy the game the most, and give it life are the people who play almost exclusively in fel.

Back in the day I hated getting killed as soon as I left the guard zone. I sucked, had no idea what I was doing, never talked to anyone. But I never gave up...even though I wasn't going very far I was still fascinated.

As it usually does, life got in the way of a good game, and I didn't play for a while. When I came back the land was divided in to tram and fel.

I will conceed that I learned the basics in tram, as a trammy...but the goal was always to get back to the excitement of pvp. Once I got a real taste I never turned back.

The OP has a point about hate, but is going about it the wrong way. Building communites around respect and compitition is much more effective and rewarding in my experiance.

I am voting yes, not because I really think tram has no place, but because I firmly believe people do not give fel enough of a chance.

My guilds charter is Shut Up And Fight...I think we could all use a bit of that.

R

RoycroftLS

I think the choice of being involved in PvP (while maintaining the ability to access content outside of towns) or not is a good thing.

By the same token, I think the track record for PvP support in UO for the past several years has been rather abhorrent, so I can understand he frustration within the PvP community.

They need to make PvP fun, enticing, and rewarding for the people who WANT to be involved with it.
I agree that there should be a choice of whether or not one wants to be involved in PvP. And I agree that Fel has basically been left to rot with the recent expansions, and that there should be more things introduced to reward taking the PvP risk.

I wouldn't mind if the lands were split along the lines of:
25% Current Fel Rules
50% Consentual/flagged PvP only, with certain incentives/bonuses through PvP objectives (something like factions)
25% Current Tram Rules

But I think a more pressing matter to be addressed before getting into the "expand Fel" debate is the blatant widespread use of hacks/scripts/cheats in PvP today. I don't mind there being some degree of risk relating to PvP in the game, but I'd like to have a fair chance to defend myself without having to run multiple programs in conjunction with UO.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, now that is very clear Felucca is a waste of UO's subscription dollars, what say you all, shall we put a Poll up saying that The Champion Spawns are to be made Trammel Rule ONLY?

I mean that would be a very measured FIRST STEP in removing the Losing, in the context of this Poll, Felucca.

Followed by the 2X Resource Gathering to be ONLY in Trammel.

The Feluccans want to assure you, that YOU ARE NOT HAVING FUN. That YOU CAN ONLY HAVE FUN, when being Gate / Rez'd Ganked by them.

So after Step 2 of the measured response to this poll, then remove the Gate between the two facets. Oh heck give them two weeks notice.

Step 3, when the Felucca side CAN NOT SUPPORT ITSELF FINANCIALLY then remove the Felucca Rule Set and replace it with the Trammel Rule Set.

It is only fair considering the Feluccans wanted to REMOVE THE TRAMMEL RULE SET.

And even when demonstrated CLEARLY, they want to become so very very very creative in how to DO IT ANYWAY, 25% Fe, 50% CON/SCAM/TRICKs, Hack, Cheats PvP, 25% PvM.

No amount of Hard Evidence is good enough, they are 100% convinced YOU ARE NOT HAVING A GOOD TIME. YOU CAN NOT HAVE A GOOD TIME UNLESS YOUR BEING GANKED by them.

O

OxAO

yes but I think we should have a banking trammel type banking area. nothing else.

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If trammel goes...then all "trammel-ruleset" facets would have to go...

So that means ...those tokuno islands , malas and ilshenar aswell..

Wich leaves us with ONE quite small boring facet.

It would be better if there was a second facet with fel ruleset tho...

OR World of Warcraft style...all facets , same rules...people just have to type /pvp to enable 'pvp modus'.

-Mina-

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt vote. I feel that there should be a medium. I think that Trammel should be left as is, but i would have no objections is Tokuno, Ilish and Malas were all made as Fel ruleset. But no, i dont belive Tram should be abolished.

T

trammelite

without trammel, 12-14 out of my 14 chars would never be played again.

I

Ifful

No one should "have" to join a community. If the only way that communities are formed is with a Fel ruleset, then UO does not need communities. If people gather, it should be because they want to. Beside, there are enough communities (at least on my shard) in Trammel set up by people who want to be in them.

In short: No.

The real question is wheter or not Fel should remain, or be overwritten by Tram rules, but just try making a thread titled "Would you like to see Felucca go?" and count how many microseconds it takes before it gets locked and removed.

Dakkon Blackblade

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the OP, I don't see why you even bothered making this thread. Now don't get me wrong I would love the old UO back, but there comes a point where you have to realize it just isn't the same game and it never will be.

The person that suggested Darkfall has the right answer for those of us who want the closest thing we can get to the old UO. But honestly threads like these should just be deleted as this is one fight you cannot win.

For me personally even though I quit the game long ago, I check back here from time to time just waiting for the day when they finally put this wounded animal of a game down for good.

I would rather see the game dead then to continue in the awful direction it took when trammel was formed. So I guess we will just wait and see if that ever happens.

:bdh:

Z

zeroshade

Leave trammel, there should be pvp areneas where all shards can come and fight, have arenas for 1 v 1, 2v2, 4v4 also have battlefields like a town or something.

C

Coppelia

I don't like Sims, it's too "American Way of Life" centered. Real life is too ugly to be played. I prefer playing UO. It's fantastic :)

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the Laws of Online World Design. I personally like the first one:

"Any general law about virtual worlds should be read as a challenge rather than as a guideline. You'll learn more from attacking it than from accepting it."

Many people believe the mutual defense theory that communities and player towns formed for the common defense. Live together or die alone and all that junk. While there is some merit to the idea, I would argue that it alone won't create strong communities for the very simple reason that there is no way to win. Since we are quoting Koster:

"Someday we WILL be able to hand over the reins of policing to players. But right now, neither players nor developers are ready. I can't tell you how much I wish that in UO we had found a way to make the players able to do this, actually able to win against the bad guys--because I do regard those grief players and those rampant PKers (be they the "good" ones or the griefy ones) as the bad guys in this virtual world, far more so than the monsters. One of my biggest disappointments in UO is that we never found a way to have the good guys win. "
First of all, I voted to keep Trammel.

One of the reasons UO was an incredible social experiment way ahead of its time is that there are no rules. Ideally, with such a land that's free of rules, people band together to defend the weak without the need of policing. The failure of finding a way to do this is also why our castle dwelling spaceman deemed it a sort of failure.

My humble views differ. UO is very much different from other MMORPGs that offer PVP. There's no sanitized avenues/arenas for players to pit their skills against another in a balanced manner. Instead it's a free-for-all grand melee.

Unfortunately, it means that for safety, pks hunt other players in organized groups. They are more successful in finding prey than anti-pk's. They just go to dungeons and chances are that they will find other players in singles or small groups. With their normally superior numbers, there are high chances that it will turn into a gank fest.

Now, consider the anti's, who organizes a party in reaction to reports of pk activities. By the time they can react, the pk'rs would be gone. Bereft of their primary prey, there's nothing for them to do. Maybe hop through the dungeons in hopes of bumping into the pk's. But it's more difficult for them to find pk's.

Meanwhile, there are other other griefers. Like blue pks that goad others into attacking them. Thieves that prey on everyone. Others that lure monsters into attacking others or even gate monsters. The bounty system doesn't work, since pks would just have their guildies kill them to the bounty.

Winning gratifies people more than losing. No one likes to lose all the time. Save for the hardcore pvp'rs, other players would prefer to not have their miners attacked without provocation and killed. The results of their labour in the past couple of hours looted. Most of the time, their characters are not geared towards that. Similarly, if for some reason the pks incurs a penalty upon initiating an attack that is severe enough to guaranteee their defeat in the hands of a miner every single time, they would not pk anyone. (this is of course unfair, but I am just stating a case).

I do not look forward to have my stuff stolen unless it guarantees I can kill the thieves and loot them dry in turn. I like to win too.

And these are still legit aspects of the game. Imagine griefers luring and gating monsters into a room of newbies.

So in the absense of the victims' gratification, most prefer not to participate in a game where they keep losing and thus retreat to the safety of Trammel.

Fel is an aspect of UO, but it is not for most. Same thing for shards with the Seige ruleset.

One interesting idea I thought of, instead of a pvp toggle, what if the initiator's attack will be ineffectual until their targets retaliate first? That should provide a penalty for the rampant pks and a measure of safety for crafters. Of course, there needs to be a timer, once it runs out, even if the defender doesn't retaliate it will become a free for all. This should allow the policing of scripters. Also needs a method to prevent people from abusing this to deny access to areas or resources.

C

Ciar2001

I would do what modern MMG's do make a seperate server, I originally played 97-01 I learned to PvP because I had to and ever since I left UO I have played PvP in most other popular MMG's to me the best thing EA could do would be to start a pre UO:R server which is before Trammel came into being, I play Europa been back 3 months so a nice long 7 year break, but I am building my characters for PvP, I also now own an SP account so I will also be spending time there :)

if you said to me EA were going to bring out a pure pvp server like the old days, I would be there in a flash and it would solve polls like this, or would it :p

D

D'Amavir

About 8 years ago, Britannia was split up into Trammel and Felucca. This was done due to massive complaints from the player base about "antisocial" behavior of certain players (PKs).
There should be another option. Trammel should definitely not be changed to an open pvp area. Fel should definitely not be changed to a not-open pvp area. As for most areas being one or the other, I think that should be based on numbers. If there are more players that enjoy the consent only pvp aspect (as defined by EA) then, yes, most areas should follow that ruleset. If, however, most players enjoy the open pvp aspect, then most areas should follow the open pvp ruleset.

I don't think there is really any question that there are more players that enjoy consensual only pvp in UO at this time. As such, most of the areas in the game should support that majority. While allowing an area still for those that enjoy the open pvp ruleset. Which Fel does.

To me, its a win win. Both sides can have their chosen style supported and both sides can, for the most part, choose to enjoy the other style as they wish, when they wish.

K

Korso

It doesn't matter what they do to this game anymore. It's the joke of most games now.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO needs the fel ruleset to satisfy the younger players. However, Trammel provides the ultimate strength of UO by providing a place for those younger players to go when they mature to the point they don't need to trashtalk and etc. to prove their prowess.

I am serious about this. I for one prefer the fel ruleset, but you cannot separate it from the immature players who delight in things that are.... well, immature. Destruction for destruction's sake is anarchy. An honorable player seeks some recognition for that honor. The pride that comes from surviving in the fel ruleset is important. When the place is overrun by players who have no respect, see no honor, are totaly self-centered..... oh well you know what I mean...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is such a complex issue, I find it hard to vote on this, I find myself wanting some sort of alterative...

I like tram and fel... Both have thier pros and cons.

The main reason UO failed without tram is the constant fighting, it is one aspect of online gaming for sure, but without rulesets it is the one aspect of UO that can be forced onto others.

You can't really walk into a crowd of PvP players and make them craft...

But you can walk into a crowd of crafters and make them fight (or at least die)

So you have one group of players who can force everyone else to play with them anytime they want, for as long as they want, with no real consequences.

Take this thread for example, think abstractly for a moment, in the old UO I could come in here and delete posts, alter your vote, and your only option would be to keep reposting the same stuff over and over and over. Until you obviously would tire of it and just give up...

There was no debating anything, PvP controlled it all, your only defense was to PvP... And people get sick of the same thing over and over and over and over... The other aspects of UO become pointless and you might as well just have a PvP server and let all the other players quit.

It is just too hard to mix playstyles when one can be forced onto the others.
Canucklehead, I agree with you 100%. Most people like to have choices and that is what having the two facets gives you. The way things work now, unless you've taken the route to let your character go red, you have the freedom to jump between the Fel and Tram rulesets.

I got into factions about two years ago because I wanted to learn about PvP. For the most part, the people who have been participating in factions for any significant length of time seem to be pretty decent people and the smack-talking really is pretty minimal. You do run into some groups that jump into factions periodically who seem to be all about smack-talking, chest-thumping, and using every underhanded means possible to prove they are the best. Fortunately however, they never seem to stay in factions for very long.

One of the cool things about factions is that it can give you short bursts of adrenaline from running around purple while carrying a sigil, advertising to all that see you that you're in possession of something that someone else may want. Or just knowing that when you're on your faction character and in Fel, you're orange to someone and they would very very much like to clobber you and try to get kill points and silver.

However, maybe because I'm getting old and maybe because I'm a woman, I just don't want to play like that ALL the time I'm playing UO. Some of my better characters are in factions and I enjoy using them in Trammel and not feeling like I have to be constantly on the lookout for someone coming along and trying to PK my character and put her in skill loss for twenty minutes.

I don't know exactly where things are headed with factions. Would love it if it became a tad bit more complicated in Fel. Would hate it, though, if being in factions ever develops to the point where your characters are OJ's to someone and freely attackable regardless of facet. I will always want the ability to take my faction characters completely out of danger and put them in a more placid environment if that's what I'm in the mood for at a particular time. If/when I ever decide I want a character that I feel has a big target painted on her back, inviting attack wherever she goes, I'll go on a murdering spree and turn her red. Or I'll take up thievery with a passion and go after more than just sigils. Or perhaps I'll decide to give Siege a serious try. Until then, though, I'll just continue to try to keep one foot planted in Fel and one in Tram and try to enjoy the best of both and be thankful that UO is still designed to let me have choices of playstyles.

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say this as someone who really liked old-style Felucca and thinks the best days of UO were played pre-Trammel...

Trammel brought UO's sub numbers out of a slump, and to the highest they'd ever been while competing with EQ. Can't really argue with numbers like that. The vast majority of the playerbase just isn't willing to pay to be someone else's victim.

Felucca rules would need a serious overhaul before they're worth considering. No not something silly like stat loss, but a pass at the bounty system and other penalties for murder, to discourage random PKing and give it enough bite so that it's possible but rare.

A

Aboo

The vast majority of the playerbase just isn't willing to pay to be someone else's victim.
This is just about the most intelligent thing I have heard said on this subject in a VERY long time!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right up until you got the form letter email the next day notifying you that UO would be shutting down in 30 days due to 80% of the playerbase quitting over night, right?

:coco:
tram didn't exist when uo came out, i didn't even play at this time and would still be glad to see tram go ! i'm not even a hardcore pvper as i once was and still would like this change!!! if people would quit the game because of them getting rid of something that was not introduced with the game then by all means don't let the door hit ya on the way out, i'm tired of people that craft all day long and have fun doing that and just sitting at the bank, everyone should be able to hold their own when people attacked by someone, its pretty sad when half of the people in uo can't figure out how to go into war mode...

U

UO Crazed

Hawkeye - if anything should go, it should be Fel (well, at least its desolation and ruleset) - and be replaced with toggles (individual, and guild/alliance toggles - the latter two force the entire group into one or the other, and one can only be allied with like guilds) that allows one to choose which playstyle they want.
spawn area.
Wouldn't this game then be called: Sims Online?

Get's very tiring listening to people that have these opinions about a game that originally WAS the FEL ruleset in it's entirity. It's because of these people that this game has morphed into what it is today - Luna banksitters riding neon pink unicorns. Sadly, I don't think anyone that hasn't played this game for at least 9 years should even have an opinion in the first place.

A

Aboo

tram didn't exist when uo came out, i didn't even play at this time and would still be glad to see tram go ! i'm not even a hardcore pvper as i once was and still would like this change!!! if people would quit the game because of them getting rid of something that was not introduced with the game then by all means don't let the door hit ya on the way out, i'm tired of people that craft all day long and have fun doing that and just sitting at the bank, everyone should be able to hold their own when people attacked by someone, its pretty sad when half of the people in uo can't figure out how to go into war mode...
Have you ever heard the saying that once you promote someone you can't then demote them? Seems appropriate here.

I was around when there was no Trammel. I am still around 11 years later BECAUSE there is a Trammel.

You have Felucca. If you want to play there, do it and quit whinning about taking something from others that you personally dislike. The great thing about UO and has ALWAYS been the great thing about it, is it's diversity. If I want to play a crafter, I can. If I want to PvP, I can. If I want to PvM, I can. If I want to customize and decorate houses, I can. If I want to bank sit, I can. We are not relegated to playing only one way, the way YOU want us to.

E

Eslake

Get's very tiring listening to people that have these opinions about a game that originally WAS the FEL ruleset in it's entirity. It's because of these people that this game has morphed into what it is today - Luna banksitters riding neon pink unicorns. Sadly, I don't think anyone that hasn't played this game for at least 9 years should even have an opinion in the first place.
Do you play on SP? Or are you just trying to make noise?

The existance of SP and Muggen and their present state invalidates every complaint you could ever make about Trammel.

There are over 30 shards.
2 are Fel Rules Only.
Guess which 2 shards have the Lowest populations.

I've played for over 10 years, and my opinion is they should scrap Felucca from blue shards entirely to end the argument, and use 1/10th of the hardware they recover from doing so to make 2 complete (Full) shards with only the Fel ruleset, using blue-shard skill gains, and no 1-character limit.

Since those are the only arguments anyone can have against going to SP, we would see how many Really feel that way, and how many just want to stir up trouble.

My suspision, both new shards would be closed within 6 months because they couldn't get enough people to play there to justify the expense of hosting them.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've played for over 10 years, and my opinion is they should scrap Felucca from blue shards entirely to end the argument, and use 1/10th of the hardware they recover from doing so to make 2 complete (Full) shards with only the Fel ruleset, using blue-shard skill gains, and no 1-character limit.

Since those are the only arguments anyone can have against going to SP, we would see how many Really feel that way, and how many just want to stir up trouble.

My suspision, both new shards would be closed within 6 months because they couldn't get enough people to play there to justify the expense of hosting them.
I don't think they have hardware problems anymore and I doubt they'd save anything by shutting down Felucca on every shard, they'd just lose more subs.

the day UO starts losing money, they will shut the whole thing down. not spend a bunch more money to make it Trammel only.

C

Connor_Graham

i'm tired of people that craft all day long and have fun doing that and just sitting at the bank, everyone should be able to hold their own when people attacked by someone, its pretty sad when half of the people in uo can't figure out how to go into war mode...
What's sad is one single person that thinks the 100k+ people that play UO shoud be EXACTLY like him.

That would sure be one boring game.

:loser:

R

Righteous

I would be all for trammel being abolished if PvP was concentual or you could only fight one on one.

Righteous

K

King Frankie

About 8 years ago, Britannia was split up into Trammel and Felucca. This was done due to massive complaints from the player base about "antisocial" behavior of certain players (PKs).

Many think that this change destroyed the communities and took the challenge out of the game. Others actually prefer to play peacefully with a safe Trammel ruleset.

Would you like to see Trammel ruleset go for good, and modified Felucca rules to be applied to every landmass and facet? Please also consider the following quote:

"Hate is good. This is because conflict drives the formation of social bonds and thus of communities. It is an engine that brings players closer together."

Edit: I'm not talking about abolishing the Trammel landmass. Just Felucca ruleset applied to it. (Except someone comes up with an extraordinary brilliant idea to merge Trammel and Felucca landmasses without losing player houses, which I seriously doubt.)
so becuase i play as red and like to kill other players i mean i got anti social behaviour? funny ill make sure to hug every person before i kill them. :coco:

U

UO Crazed

2 are Fel Rules Only.
Doesn't both of those shards you're referring too only allow for 1 character per account? If there was a Tram ruleset only shard that allowed for only 1 character per account, how popular do you think THAT would be?

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although I voted for getting rid of Trammel I think that with the current armour and weapon system all fel would be desastrous. Only if we could get back the old armour and weapon system with some modifications, then all fel would be enjoyable.

So, a classic shard ........ would be just great :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't both of those shards you're referring too only allow for 1 character per account? If there was a Tram ruleset only shard that allowed for only 1 character per account, how popular do you think THAT would be?
Mugen seems to be a slightly expanded version of Siege. I believe the Fel ruleset applies across the whole shard. However, unlike Siege, it has a Trammel facet. It's kind of funny to be in Trammel, go to New Haven and do the new player quests and get gold, etc., but have push-through issues, pay higher NPC vendor prices, and can't purchase skills training.

And yes, it appears you can only make one character per account on Mugen.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
2 are Fel Rules Only.
Actually there are more players on Siege than on Oceania, Mugen, Origin, Wakoku, Hokuto, Formosa,or Mizuho at the moment...try organizing your shard list by percent full to see how they rank by players online before you say something like that....

Status
Not open for further replies.