• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would you like to see Trammel go?

Would you like to see Trammel go?

• Yes, Trammel should be abolished!

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • No, most parts of the land should be PK-free!

Votes: 160 69.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's sad is one single person that thinks the 100k+ people that play UO shoud be EXACTLY like him.

That would sure be one boring game.

:loser:
if there's 100k-200k accounts i think there's probably 50k people playing UO actively, if that. and i bet that means only about 5000 are on at any given time. that's about 100-200 per shard that seems about right. 50 people probably in felucca. obviously busier shard like atlantic has more and quieter shards have less.

i wish they'd just spam how many toons are on when we log in.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually there are more players on Siege than on Oceania, Mugen, Origin, Wakoku, Hokuto, Formosa,or Mizuho at the moment...try organizing your shard list by percent full to see how they rank by players online before you say something like that....
Timezone. All you're telling me is that Siege outranks a few smaller Asian shards and only when Asia is asleep. Right now, as of 5:30PM Eastern Standard Time, it's 6:30AM in Japan. And yet Yamato, Asuka, Sakura, and Izumo all have more players on than Siege.

So most of the Japanese shards have more players crawling around at dawn than Siege does in the afternoon. Yeah, that's pretty telling.

C

Crow

Anyone who thinks fel is a waste of space has obviously never been apart of, nor seen screenshots of 10, 20, or 40+ people fighting for hours over despise, marble, deciet, destard...on and on...even on 'low' population shards.

I've seen too many to count.

When was the last time you got that many together for any stupid tram based event people actually cared about?

I skimmed over something about pvp being about paying to be somebodies victim...lol...maybe it's best you stay out of fel...you obviously take it too seriously, and not in a good way.

And bringing Siege/Mugen into this doesn't make much sense. I've spent a fair ammount of time there, many more people should play there.

However...to me the stuff that sucks about those shards outweighs what makes them great.

S

Sebrina

Go ahead and beat another dead mule. :bdh: :loser: Then shoot it again.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not vote because I think both answers are wrong. I think Tram has its place in the world of UO and would not want to take it away from the people who play there anymore than I want Fel taken away from me.

However, I do think there should be more lands that have PvP rulesets with various things to do. A Doom-style dungeon. Not necessarily with the same arties - let Malas Doom keep the current ones and make a Fel Doom that has a whole different set. Or even split the current arties between the two. I was so happy to hear that some areas of the Abyss are going to be Fel ruleset (and not just a cookie-cutter copy I hope!!!) and think if more of the game had been implemented this way, the playerbase might be a bit more balanced out.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leave Trammel alone. Come to Siege. It's great.

:scholar:
Meh ... I don't want a Siege ruleset. I want a whole shard of Prodo Fel ruleset :p

If Siege was pre-AoS ... with things like Doom, SE and ML implemented in a pre-AoS way ... I would be there; but I don't want only one char, I don't want ROT (tho I would be fine with the old skill gains, even powerhour!) and I don't want AoS items with no insurance.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tram is UO-lite...not much better then playing the Sims...
No, Fel is non-Ultima. PERIOD.

And, toggles would be the only answer (forgot one thing in my toggle suggestion - you can't toggle out of PvP-enabled if you've killed or stole anything in the last 24 hours).

Ultima (pre-UO) was about choices. Pre-ren UO was about no choices at all - be a lowlife, or be a victim of one 24/7 is not a choice people should be asked to make in what is effectively a form of entertainment & social interaction. Even SP is valid as a choice, as no one MAKES anyone play there.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you think honestly this thread will be anything but a troll fest?

Without the introduction of Trammel, UO wouldn't be here today. I'm not going to argue that point with anyone. Even though some will disagree with that no matter what evidence is shown to prove otherwise, it's the truth.
That is total hog wash.

Trammel didn't save Ultima Online at all. There is no evidence that supports this even one bit.

Felucca had as much success with Ultima Online and even the potential to have been more successful than Trammel. (Yet, we'll never know...)

What did Trammel do for Ultima Online? It opened the game up to a very valid playerbase... that's it. Players who prefer Trammel were never the majority playerbase that enjoyed this game. The only thing the Trammel playerbase was-was the more favored.

What Ultima Online did, was ostracize every single other playerbase in order to appease this group of players. Ultima Online has lost so many subscriptions for alienating, ruining or persecuting SO MANY very active and just as deserving playerbases.

BOTH Trammel and Felucca playerbases deserved to enjoy what this game had to offer, without preference and without prejudice.

All of the jerks who think their playstyle is somehow preferred or more important than any other playstyle are so full of themselves, that we can thank those jerks for ruining this game for everyone. Way to chase away the players who loved crafting with your fear of losing an item. Way to chase away the players who loved role-playing evil characters in a non-con PvP ruleset (Shadow Clan Orcs?) Way to chase away the thieves who loved stealing. Way to chase away the PvPers who loved Felucca. Way to chase away the casual players who never had the time or interest to grind for eternity just to play on a semi-level playing field.

Way to chase away the players who shared this game with you and way to pancake about Ultima Online not having a lot of players anymore or a community to interact with...

And now you seem to think you were somehow the majority because everyone else was chased away...

Good job, people.

C

Crow

Toggle pvp is a lame idea...20 people with their anti pvp diapers on...walking into your spawn, attack and kill your champ...all you can do is hurl insults at their mom...yes its fun...yes they may be true...but there is no fight.

That's one example of how it could make things worse...I can think of a lot more.

I would gladly fight an alleged speed hacking super scripter any day then deal with that.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Toggle pvp is a lame idea...20 people with their anti pvp diapers on...walking into your spawn, attack and kill your champ...all you can do is hurl insults at their mom...yes its fun...yes they may be true...but there is no fight.
Actually it would be funny because if I was part of that 20, and you started hurling insults in the normal Fel manner containing many expletives and sexual references, I'd be laughing as your account got suspended. The PvP community needs to grow up, and quit behaving like a bunch of unruly children. That type of behavior isn't helping Fel Grow anymore than all of the grievances they claim.

E

Eslake

Trammel didn't save Ultima Online at all. There is no evidence that supports this even one bit.
Admissions by OSI staff don't count?

How about general business principles?
Happy customers = paying customers.
OSI had trouble with Trammel because (as they admitted) they were unprepared for more than 90% of the player base to STAY in Trammel after the housing rush.
90% were happier with Trammel.

They said before Ren that they had a choice to SAVE UO, either remove PvP, make some shards non-PvP, or find another way to give players an opt-out for it. They took the 3rd choice.

Do you really think they were sitting around one day and someone said "Hey, I have an idea! Let's double the cost of running each shard by mirroring the entire world just because we can. There is no need to do it, but we love spending money!" And some bigwig gave it the go ahead?

I think not. ;)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That is total hog wash.

Felucca had as much success with Ultima Online and even the potential to have been more successful than Trammel. (Yet, we'll never know...)

What did Trammel do for Ultima Online? It opened the game up to a very valid playerbase... that's it. Players who prefer Trammel were never the majority playerbase that enjoyed this game. The only thing the Trammel playerbase was-was the more favored.

What Ultima Online did, was ostracize every single other playerbase in order to appease this group of players. Ultima Online has lost so many subscriptions for alienating, ruining or persecuting SO MANY very active and just as deserving playerbases.

BOTH Trammel and Felucca playerbases deserved to enjoy what this game had to offer, without preference and without prejudice.

All of the jerks who think their playstyle is somehow preferred or more important than any other playstyle are so full of themselves, that we can thank those jerks for ruining this game for everyone. Way to chase away the players who loved crafting with your fear of losing an item. Way to chase away the players who loved role-playing evil characters in a non-con PvP ruleset (Shadow Clan Orcs?) Way to chase away the thieves who loved stealing. Way to chase away the PvPers who loved Felucca. Way to chase away the casual players who never had the time or interest to grind for eternity just to play on a semi-level playing field.

Way to chase away the players who shared this game with you and way to pancake about Ultima Online not having a lot of players anymore or a community to interact with...

And now you seem to think you were somehow the majority because everyone else was chased away...

Good job, people.
UO's subscription Peaked 5 months after AoS launched, Not right before Trammel opened. Item Dependency cost more players than Trammel did.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Timezone. All you're telling me is that Siege outranks a few smaller Asian shards and only when Asia is asleep. Right now, as of 5:30PM Eastern Standard Time, it's 6:30AM in Japan. And yet Yamato, Asuka, Sakura, and Izumo all have more players on than Siege.

So most of the Japanese shards have more players crawling around at dawn than Siege does in the afternoon. Yeah, that's pretty telling.
I've checked it during what would be 5 pm Tokyo Time and seen Siege listed with more players online than All the Asian shards.

S

ShadowJack

people who say that the game wouldn't be here without the subscriptions are stupid.

It was a good game pre aos, it was a good game before trammel

it would still be here, but smaller. If the game stayed the way it should have, and not bought out by EA trying to make money on it, then it will still be the game that a lot of us fell in love with, before there was anything even trying to be like it online.

It was a great game and fell to crap over money and never being able to please everyone. So it never knew where to change, when all it really needed were a few balance issues, and the introduction of random events and new content every so often depending on the time pased and the amount of players.

but no, if you never played it that way, I'm sorry, if you didn't like it I'm sorry. It shouldn't have to be about the players and oooo I'm going to take my money somewhere else, go. The people who like the game will stay. In my opinion I am fighting for the game. You all want things that are in other games, go. Keep UO UO. It was better when it was simple. It goes through peaks of many players and few players, and it's fun through that. But this game that you're playing now isn't Ultima Online.

R

RoycroftLS

That's one example of how it could make things worse...I can think of a lot more.

I would gladly fight an alleged speed hacking super scripter any day then deal with that.
Toggle pvp is not a lame idea if it is implemented correctly.

The way I see it, there are some people who are all PvP and nothing else. Leave Fel and its champ spawns intact for those people. There are some people who are the exact opposite, i.e. no PvP at any time. Leave an equivalent amount of land with the current Tram ruleset for those people.

But what about the people who are in the "middle", so to speak? People who like to PvP sometimes, and like to PvM at other times. The current way the Tram/Fel rulesets are implemented polarizes those people into PvM or PvP.

I'd like to see a lot of the lands be declared neutral. Red or blue, everyone is allowed into those lands. PvP in those lands would be only by consent, through a toggle system. There would be certain rewards/incentives that could only be obtained while you had the toggle on, but you could still experience all the content unflagged.

As I mentioned before, I think fixing all the outstanding problems with the client is a much bigger priority, but after that I feel something should be done to bring players back together instead of essentially segregating them into either PvP or PvM.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've checked it during what would be 5 pm Tokyo Time and seen Siege listed with more players online than All the Asian shards.
Actually, try 8pm + Tokyo time for the Japanese shards (those that had the AOS dye event). For some reason, a lot of the players have this obsession with dissappearing during dinner time. Maybe having dinner with the family/friends is an important ritual, I dunno.

Also, if you have time, check out the spring cleaning donation points -

Yamato - 1,017,909,969
Atlantic - 869,681,816

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What do you think of a timed toggle that I posted earlier? IE

1) Caine initiates an attack on Abel (whatever that triggers "xxx is attacking you!")
2) Attacks would be ineffectual until Abel retaliates
3) Auto defend doesn't count or do damage. Abel must cast an attack spell at Caine (again, whatever that triggers "xxx is attacking you!") to enable both to damage each other.
4) Abel has a 1 minute grace period to escape if he doesn't want to fight
5) After 1 minute, he and Caine can damage each other, unless Caine has hidden himself (I'll explain why)
6) Other stuff like turning back to blue to each other after a couple of minutes (or if one dies) is unchanged

Having Caine signal his intention prevents ambush situations where stealth archers ganks unsuspecting players.

Having Caine remain visible prevents situations where he hides and wait for Abel's 1 min timer runs out, then ambushes Abel.

The 1 min timer is long enough to allow crafters to escape if he/she wishes. But hopefully not long enough for champ spawn raiders to get looting rights on the champ AND escape.

Star-room may need to be removed in this case.

This also allows players to police scripters - need more thoughts on this part, what if the scripter recalls away and comes back 5 mins later when the aggression tag has worn off? Is the 5 min disruption enough?

Then again, can this be abused to deny areas/resourses? I can think of 1 situation where it can be balanced, but are there any situations that this may not be a good idea?

The balanced part would be the necro-wither choke point tactic will be rendered less useful. Since raiders can push through now and have 1 min to setup their own defenses.

Also, prevents res-kills.

Would this sort of tigger work?

Z

Zoran

Ok- so about... oh gosh I guess eight or more years ago I use to play UO.
When I played- there was no Trammel. It had its excitement sure- but also once you had a decent charactor and a home, there wasnt a lot of point to the game.

I left shortly after Trammel began. You use to have to use a moonstone back then to go from side to side. It seemed that the only real threat at that point for a seasoned charactor had been removed. I thought it was a bad move for the game-

FAST FORWARD AROUND 8 OR SO YEARS....

I came back to UO only about 6 months ago. UO is a changed game. Mostly for the better.
There is TONS of stuff now to do in Trammel!!!
I can let my daughter play without thinking she is going to get her feeliongs hurt by someone running up- shooting her woodchopper in the gut with an arrow and yelling "OWNED!".

When I first returned to the game I had no idea what peerless was- Elves were new to me- and the armor and item system blew my mind.
Its now a HELL of a fun game.

Eventually, as most pre-tram characters do- I returned to Fel.
I found many changes there as well. What once worked- was now crap. Being red no longer means your an *******. And I had to come to terms that a character I thought was PvP ready would go off to battle, have a red run up, shoot him in the gut with an arrow, and say "OWNED!!!"

But after getting use to it- I found I enjoy Fel ALOT too. Thats one of the things I like about my guild- a major presence in Fel and Tram.

I cannot believe this thread is TWO PAGES LONG!..
None of us want to see players leave UO. Its nice to have both the Trammites and Felons still aboot in the game.

I say- let the music play y'all.... Keep it real.
~Zoran

T

Traveller

Would this sort of tigger work?
No, it wouldn't. For several reasons:

1) It makes impossible to make ambushes. You mention this as a plus, but I do not agree. While I do agree that stealth archers are overpowered, assassins in general are already underpowered, and have always been a legit playstyle.

2) What about thieves? Should they "signal their intention to steal"?

In essence, whoever wants to reap the benefits of pvp should be subject to cope with the unexpected. Give people the chance to accept engagement only when they are playing rock vs paper and you kill a huge part of pvp.

Actually, one of the reasons trammel is much hated by feluccans, has nothing to do with trammel inhabitants. I think that the main problem with trammel is that it impacts seriously on felucca pvp.

People go to felucca to do "non-consensual pvp" when they have the upper hand (fully stocked, with right char, etc...). Then when they want to let down their guard trammel is just a recall away. That's effectively consensual pvp.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it wouldn't. For several reasons:

1) It makes impossible to make ambushes. You mention this as a plus, but I do not agree. While I do agree that stealth archers are overpowered, assassins in general are already underpowered, and have always been a legit playstyle.

2) What about thieves? Should they "signal their intention to steal"?

In essence, whoever wants to reap the benefits of pvp should be subject to cope with the unexpected. Give people the chance to accept engagement only when they are playing rock vs paper and you kill a huge part of pvp.

Actually, one of the reasons trammel is much hated by feluccans, has nothing to do with trammel inhabitants. I think that the main problem with trammel is that it impacts seriously on felucca pvp.

People go to felucca to do "non-consensual pvp" when they have the upper hand (fully stocked, with right char, etc...). Then when they want to let down their guard trammel is just a recall away. That's effectively consensual pvp.
No change to thieves, they get flagged grey if detected and can be attacked normally. Same thing with looting a blue corpse and any other action that will turn a player grey.

Let me think about the assasin, can you clarify what kind of assassin you are referring to? Shadowstrike types? Ninjitsu smoke bomb types? Poison skilled types?

Thanks!

T

Traveller

No change to thieves, they get flagged grey if detected and can be attacked normally. Same thing with looting a blue corpse and any other action that will turn a player grey.
Then I do not understand the context in which you plan to use that switch. Are you proposing to use a trammel ruleset with switch in all the landmasses? I can imagine how the trammel population would cry if you let loose thieves among them like that. Or are you planning to use it only in fel? In which case the fel population would have every right to cry about the only pvp land, already consensual enough, being turned into a full consensual pvp area, while trammel gives nothing in exchange.

Let me think about the assasin, can you clarify what kind of assassin you are referring to? Shadowstrike types? Ninjitsu smoke bomb types? Poison skilled types?
I was specifically thinking about the melee stealther, regardless on whether he uses ninjitsu, poisoning, or item id. The guy who ambushes you. I am against the way in which smokebombs can be used to disappear at will to attack again in 10 seconds (they should be used only for a real escape, not for a 10 sec break), but that's "merely" a matter of rebalancing the skill. The timed switch eliminates not only the ambushes, which are an integral part of the game, but any need to act in a hurry on unexpected situations.

I can imagine: I come with two friends to do a spawn. Then 5 people show up, so i go away. I gather 10 people and go back to the champ, while the others go away. Then the others gather the rest of their zerg guild and show up with 20 people, so we go away. Not a single spell exchanged. Good fight.

Sorry, I really cant see it working. The unexpected is part of any non-consensual pvp, and removing it effectively removes the ruleset.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then I do not understand the context in which you plan to use that switch. Are you proposing to use a trammel ruleset with switch in all the landmasses? I can imagine how the trammel population would cry if you let loose thieves among them like that. Or are you planning to use it only in fel? In which case the fel population would have every right to cry about the only pvp land, already consensual enough, being turned into a full consensual pvp area, while trammel gives nothing in exchange.
Ah, I was thinking about Fel only. Aim is to inject a bit more life into Fel. Tram is not ready yet, no matter how much I might like to enable this to police the scripters.

What if we allow reds to go Tram areas and Ish and Doom? Reds being viewed as anti-social elements and thus being disallowed to go these areas does hold. The Reds could just create a blue char. And being blue doen't prevent you from being anti-social. Yes, there could be subtle changes in character when people play red or blue, and maybe a red would grief/goad/smacktalk you into fighting him in Fel, but well, griefers can be paged on, and anyone can chose to ignore smack-talk.

I was specifically thinking about the melee stealther, regardless on whether he uses ninjitsu, poisoning, or item id. The guy who ambushes you. I am against the way in which smokebombs can be used to disappear at will to attack again in 10 seconds (they should be used only for a real escape, not for a 10 sec break), but that's "merely" a matter of rebalancing the skill. The timed switch eliminates not only the ambushes, which are an integral part of the game, but any need to act in a hurry on unexpected situations.

I can imagine: I come with two friends to do a spawn. Then 5 people show up, so i go away. I gather 10 people and go back to the champ, while the others go away. Then the others gather the rest of their zerg guild and show up with 20 people, so we go away. Not a single spell exchanged. Good fight.

Sorry, I really cant see it working. The unexpected is part of any non-consensual pvp, and removing it effectively removes the ruleset.
So in this case, you would prefer not to run away and want to pit your skills against the 5 raiders right? You still can, just retaliate away instead of going away, there's nothing to stop you from doing that. You actually have an advantage now to rally your 2 friends to counter-attack.

If the raiders zergs you, then you can try to run away or retaliate as per above.

What I am saying is that you can still do whatever you would have done without the timer.

Now, of course it will be a different story if you are a thrill seeker that likes to live on the edge and actually hopes that someone will raid you. I can understnad why someone would like that, possibly to train your reaction, reflexes, teamwork and tactics while under stress.

Is this the case? Let me think about this and see if there's a solution.

Regarding your melee stealther, when you say that melee stealthers are weaker, the reason is because you have devoted 180 skill points into hiding and stealth, leaving less skill for combat skills right? You can still use the same skills and same tactics, except the damage from your first strike.

So in effect, you the only advantage you have from using an assassin template in this case is that of the first strike capability, yes? If there's a way to balance that, would you consider?

Are there any problems that you foresee?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made the same suggestions in a more apt post:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=855865#post855865

If anyone see any other possible issues, I invite you to share your concerns and join in.

Also, if they are particular flaws or merits in my suggestion, feel free to point it out (eg, need some balancing to steath archers but you have a better idea, area denial via necro withering should not be changed etc)

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Admissions by OSI staff don't count?

How about general business principles?
Happy customers = paying customers.
OSI had trouble with Trammel because (as they admitted) they were unprepared for more than 90% of the player base to STAY in Trammel after the housing rush.
90% were happier with Trammel.

They said before Ren that they had a choice to SAVE UO, either remove PvP, make some shards non-PvP, or find another way to give players an opt-out for it. They took the 3rd choice.

Do you really think they were sitting around one day and someone said "Hey, I have an idea! Let's double the cost of running each shard by mirroring the entire world just because we can. There is no need to do it, but we love spending money!" And some bigwig gave it the go ahead?

I think not. ;)
I've already been through this song and dance with you. Did you forget the last time you were so stupidly wrong it wasn't even funny?

When you take into consideration:

Developers said Trammel wasn't the way they intended to take the game and it wasn't done right.

Servers were full and Trammel was open housing.

No real easy way for people to go back to felucca after they finally placed a house (Moonstones?)

Subscriptions peaked within 1 year after Trammel was introduced. The next "Spike" happened when AoS was released and no surprize there, more housing and more housing restrictions... not more players.

Now wake up, your argument is total crap.

S

ShadowJack

Sure isn't, trammel is UO AIDS

and there is a pvp toggle, it's called guardzone/trammel

S

ShadowJack

And UO wasn't made for little kids

if you have a little girl who'd cry over getting pkd playing, then that's your fault.

if you don't tell her to suck it up, she's not going to be very good at video games.

A

Aboo

and there is a pvp toggle, it's called guardzone/trammel
So why is there such a flap to get rid of Trammel? I have never understood this. There is Felucca for those who choose that game play and there is Trammel for those that choose a different way. Why do people still insist that EVERYONE has to play only one way - THEIR WAY?

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hawkeye - if anything should go, it should be Fel (well, at least its desolation and ruleset) - and be replaced with toggles (individual, and guild/alliance toggles - the latter two force the entire group into one or the other, and one can only be allied with like guilds) that allows one to choose which playstyle they want.

Choosing the "pvp toggle" as "on" would make one targetable by thieves in all facets; and the names of all people toggled differently than you would be in italics, so you'd look for people with the "normal" font for targets in PvP/thievery. The toggle could only be changable in one's home, once every 24 hours, unless the guild warchief or alliance's lead guild warchief throws the switch for the entire group (which itself would only work once per 24 hours). If a character logs on and finds the guild toggle has been flipped, they get a gump to either keep their current setting (and leave their guild) or have the setting changed (during which they cannot move, and cannot be attacked). The guild or alliance switch can't be thrown if any member is in a champ spawn area.

Most of the Champ spawns would require the toggle to be on for a character to enter their area (the ones that didn't would have a 24 hour cooldown timer for every character present when the champ spawns, through its death).
I would PvP again, if they did this.

/Signed

D

D'Amavir

So why is there such a flap to get rid of Trammel? I have never understood this. There is Felucca for those who choose that game play and there is Trammel for those that choose a different way. Why do people still insist that EVERYONE has to play only one way - THEIR WAY?
Exactly! I don't understand why all of those Trammel anti pk players post soooo many threads about changing Fel's ruleset or adding a pvp switch or whatever 'justification for pk hatred dujour' is.

Fel offers those that enjoy Fel's ruleset a place to play. Trammel offers those that enjoy Trammel's ruleset a place to play. Different strokes for different folks. Don't change Trammel and don't change Fel. Too bad the mods don't take a harder stance on cutting down on these 'anti Fel' or 'anti Trammel' threads that pop up daily. Talk about trolling.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
UO is big enough for us all. *sprays Troll Be Gone* Shoo Trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.