• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Would you buy back missed account time? (POLL)

Should accounts be allowed to buy back unpaid months to earn their veteran rewards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This is point 12 from the Question and Answer Corner:

12. Can I purchase "catch-up" months for when my account was inactive to be able to get vet rewards?

This is something we are still considering and look for additional community discussion before we make a final decision.

This thread is so that there is at least one community discussion.

This poll assumes two things:

1) An account cannot be older than the day it was created.
This would mean an account created 20 years ago will ALWAYS be 19 years older than an account created a year ago, with all the titles and veteran reward choices that comes with that prestige compared to the limited choices of lesser accounts.

2) Each month 'bought back' would cost the same as the current game subscription, with the same 3 code options and prices: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months.
This means every month is worth the same to all accounts of all ages.

This poll is being posted on Siege Perilous forum, but anyone is welcome to weigh in on the comments and vote. If you would like options other than the ones this poll assumes, feel free to say so! :)

(Edited for clarity. I was unable to change the poll question itself.)

Last edited:

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
In order to be fair to the folks who paid for the month back when it happened, the cost ought to be the same in my opinion. Or $10 per month at best. Now I wish I had worded the poll to ask if people would object to people buying back account time. :p Well, I will ask it now. Even if you would not buy it yourself, would you object if others were allowed to?

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It would totally depend on the cost.
:postcount:. I still voted YES but it would have to be like $6+ per month and you couldn't buy more than the creation date of the account, so if the account was created 10 years ago you can't buy more than those 10 years back

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It would totally depend on the cost.
Regular sub cost of course...$165.60 a year is what I pay, I just have it taken out of my bank monthly.

I think I'm down about 3 years so that would cost me $496.80.....in one lump sum I could not afford it but if they did something that let you add a little a time then heck yeah I would :)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well the only value to acct age is currently for shard shields, correct? All other vet rewards can be used by anyone. Since most of my time is spent on Siege, shard shields hold no value for me. The longest acct I currently have active is 4 years. To get to 12 years (if I remember correctly that is shard shields age), I would need to spend 8 years x 12 months x 10 dollars = $960.

In the past year I have use exactly one transfer token on prodo. So at $20 per year, if I maintained that rate, it would take me over 40 years for that to be economically worthwhile.

So based on those assumptions, I would not. However, if I only played prodo, and I transferred event items from other shards to Atlantic on a monthly basis, the math is obviously much more forgiving.

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should they be allowed - i would say yes. i don't really care if someone else gets a shield, or other year limited reward choice.

i agree with Silent - the allure of shard shields is lost on me ...

I used to think i would want this option, but - i don't think i would choose to do this any longer.
After moving almost exclusively to Siege, and reflecting on the change mentioned (of any age account being able to use any age reward), and seeing the cost written down. No Thanks.

~ unless of course ~ some reward were to be offered that was just a GOT TO HAVE as a high year only reward choice. (thinking magic carpet, or balloon)

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Current monthly fee is $12.99. 3 month code is $38.99 (no bargain), and 6th month code is $59.99 ($10 per month). Selling 'catch-up' time for the same increments but lower value would almost certainly outrage the people who paid the full price for the same month. Imagine if this change was put into effect and a year later some one returns. For that entire year you paid (at best) $10 a month. But that person backpays his UO 'property taxes' for half that amount (let's say $5) and now can claim the same veteran reward as you. I personally would not care - we paid extra for all the fun of actually playing the game during that time. Backpaying won't get them the holiday gifts and EM drops they missed, etc. But I suspect others would care.

Allowing an account to flat out buy veteran time all the way back to the beginning would cheapen the accounts that were created back then. As it is, older accounts that gradually accumulated unpaid months, or years, of time have also made those paid accounts more valuable. But if they are back now, then I have no issue with accounts 'making up' that missed time. Up to the day of their birth.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I voted no, but that's just because i think the game finally lost it's appeal for me. the only reason i log on is to talk to you guys and i can just as easily do that here and on The Gilfane boards.

All accounts should be adjusted and aged according to creation date. The moment they owed this fix to us on age was the moment they decided that veteran reward age was no longer significant and anyone could use any reward regardless of age. So now a one month old newb can buy gold from some website to buy a an ingame tarantula and ride around on it which mocks the player with the correct age for using it. Meanwhile, the veteran player who has a 20 year old account cant use shard shields because he was deployed overseas for years and lacks enough time to claim 14 year shields. So tell me how that logic works? Sounds more like pay to play than veteran loyalty. Its only fair that if an account was made in 1997 then it should be 20 years old and not 12 years old because real life issues such as military deployment, etc caused it to be shut off for a while.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
All accounts should be adjusted and aged according to creation date. The moment they owed this fix to us on age was the moment they decided that veteran reward age was no longer significant and anyone could use any reward regardless of age. So now a one month old newb can buy gold from some website to buy a an ingame tarantula and ride around on it which mocks the player with the correct age for using it. Meanwhile, the veteran player who has a 20 year old account cant use shard shields because he was deployed overseas for years and lacks enough time to claim 14 year shields. So tell me how that logic works? Sounds more like pay to play than veteran loyalty. Its only fair that if an account was made in 1997 then it should be 20 years old and not 12 years old because real life issues such as military deployment, etc caused it to be shut off for a while.
Now see.. this is where I would argue against his post if there was anything that was wrong with it... so I will just go with.. QFT. :ten:

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NOOOOOOOOO! I'm biased because I have an account that will turn 20 this year and I believe I deserve recognition for that.

Tectop

Journeyman
Like most folks here, I would definitely do it if I could afford the price

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't mind a way to buy the rewards but if you should not be able to buy status as a 20 years Vet, if you have only played few years.
I know, players who start on Siege, miss their rewards from other shards, let them buy the dye tubs and other needed vet items on the uostore

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
:postcount:. I still voted YES but it would have to be like $6+ per month and you couldn't buy more than the creation date of the account, so if the account was created 10 years ago you can't buy more than those 10 years back
Yes I agree there... can't buy older than the date of creation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Whoops with all my RL drama going on and the 20th anniversary fun in-game, I forgot all about this! Anyway, looks like everything that was going to be said was said, so this thread was at least some feedback on the topic :) Please feel free to add your thoughts even tho the poll itself is closed, or open a new thread/poll with your own ideas! I ran it for the Siege community, but others are welcome to see how it goes over in UHall or someplace.

@Mesanna @Kyronix and the team.