• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would u quit UO if you lost all and had to start over.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tis an absolute truth that I, YellowBeard likes me treasure and will camp fer days ta get it. But even I knows that its only virtual fluff and I found it once and with help of the North star and a sextant I'd find it again. Aint no fluff goin to run me off!

M

Michael Wolf

In all honesty, probably. I started Origin at it's birth so I'm no stranger to starting from scratch, however, I must admit that once I grabbed the properties I wanted to place, I quit playing Origin until shard transfers opened so I could get all my pretty pixels moved over. Granted I was also involved in the alpha test of ML at the time and was occupied with that, so that had some influence on me not playing Origin during that time, but part of it was wanting all my stuff moved as well.

The honest primary reason I still play UO after 12+ years is that I have yet to find anything else I like playing. UO is familiar and anytime I feel like playing I already have built characters and all the stuff I want to just go have fun. If that changed and my stuff was gone, I think I would be as well.

E

Eyes of Origin

I have only played for 2 years so I havent accumulated as much as someone who has played for the last 12yrs or even as much as someone who has played for 5yrs. I do love my pixel treasures though and have worked hard to get some of the ones I own. Not to mention the suits I have built and time spent to get them where they are. I would be disappointed to lose them, but I know that with the help of friends in game and more hard work, I would be able to replace them. I believe I would end up rebuilding rather than quitting.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I lost all my characters , items , and property.. I would not quit UO.
I'd play trial accounts on test center and then eventually play shards along the ways.

S

Saris

well ive lost my main account before, lost my house 4 times, dozens of soul stones and most of my itmes before.

I suppose since I still play, no I would just start over.

F

Flora Green

It would depend on the situation. If I were hacked, I would be angry and probably not play for a bit, but I would be determined to not let them "win".

If it were a shard merger, I'd delete the game from my system, close my accounts and never look back.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be gone!

But if old friends really tried hard...I might return...
it is very hard to stay away from this game!

G

gjohnson5

Pre-AOS player here
I've lost all multiple times...

Still here

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not accumulated wealth. But I have accumulated a wealth of knowledge. I would be very tempted to quit but everything can be reaquired I guess.

If.... EA were to shut down this ancient land and start a new UO, I would jump in a second.