• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would rate of decay work?

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm excited that the dev team is looking at factions again but I would rather have a bunch of minor tweaks then a overall and be forgotten about for another 3 years to 10 years.

The faction artifacts that was introduced added a large population of faction players but very few of the new factioneers are participating which nobody can really argue.

Would adding a decay timer to the artifacts make a difference to faction participation. For instance, after you purchase your arti there is a two week timer of decay. If the faction does not own a town (any town) then your arti is destroyed. If your faction owns a town you have a 3 day period to travel to that town and use the faction monolith to reset your decay time. Heck even just owning a town to reset a decay timer would work.

aye or nay.

*goes back to training remove trap*

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm excited that the dev team is looking at factions again but I would rather have a bunch of minor tweaks then a overall and be forgotten about for another 3 years to 10 years.

The faction artifacts that was introduced added a large population of faction players but very few of the new factioneers are participating which nobody can really argue.

Would adding a decay timer to the artifacts make a difference to faction participation. For instance, after you purchase your arti there is a two week timer of decay. If the faction does not own a town (any town) then your arti is destroyed. If your faction owns a town you have a 3 day period to travel to that town and use the faction monolith to reset your decay time. Heck even just owning a town to reset a decay timer would work.

aye or nay.

*goes back to training remove trap*
1. Get at me on icq.. I'll tell u how to train remove traps fast..

2. No it wont help to add a decay timer, I used to think it would, but then they added imbue items. The items you get from factions really aren't all that great anymore. Still useful, absolutely, but hardly the game breaking arties they were when they first came out.

I do however still think they should up the silver cost of this ****.. Triple at least.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i agree

then we can get more faction fights at demon temple and in hyloth, hehe