• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

would like some info before i part with my gold ....

• Thread starter imported_kray2s
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_kray2s

greetings,

I had an icq this morning saying they had an old hair dye for sale ... can i check how much this would be worth ... and anyone tell me exactly what an old hair dye looks like? im eager to add to my collection but i also dont want to get conned and i not sure i ever seen an old hair dye before!

ty in advance

P

Philanthropist

It could be one of those old clean up Britannia (neon) hair dyes:

or he could be trying to scam you with a provisioner hair dye (that can still be bought from an NPC for 37 gp):
(please do not look at the name of the picture, it's just to show how the bottle looks).

T

tiggertessa2007

hey hun if its not special har dye, it will be in the same kind of bottles that the hair dye from mel is in, the old colors are kinda dull, but just to make sure the one ur buying isnt a mel hair dye go to uostuff.com and somewhere on there are all the hair dye colors that mel has (pic) so if its not one of those then yeah its an old one

B

Berg

Sorry, I don't have an estimated value for you, but another major difference between the Lady Mel dyes and the old ones is that the Mel ones say they require Mondains Legacy, while the old ones just say Hair Dye. And 9 times outta 10 people have the old dull maroon or dull green ones.

I

imported_blesh

Ok So, I know there are old dull colors. I dont have a link to those.

I DO have a link to all the new ML hairdyes that mel drops. So if its not one of these i guess its special?

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/merog/ml-hair.html

i cant say for sure. But if its one of the ones on that link its not very special.

G

Mmm, love me some old school hair dyes! They just say 'hair dye', so are easy to recognize:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> nice Sarsmi

leads to a question...... is there a thread on any forum that would give information such as this that would help the average player recognize a scam? I'm not saying that the op's getting scammed, just that this question, and the thread on these forums about the renamed key, bring this thought to mind

things get posted from time to time when a scam is popular but might be nice to have the information, in particular for things that are not likely to change, in a permanent place </font>

I

imported_kray2s

Can i just say before i get to the point of this opost i agree with devils own ... it must get frustrating for some of you with all the questions is this real is that real and so on! so maybe a sticky at the top where if theres a bug about ino could be added???

Anyhows ..... i have established that the hair dye i have is just labelled Hair dye and is NOT from lady mel etc.

I take it that the bottle you can buy from a provisoner (or the in town npc if it not the provisioner) looks different again??

Ty all for your help and to the one that has all those hair dyes in the picture wow!!!!! i want a collection like that ...... lol

G

I think ryna is working on adding a scam prevention section to the faq, it's just not in there yet. I figure it'll be a list of items that actually aren't rare and some information about avoiding scans etc. =)

G

The bottle you buy from the haircolor npc also says hair dye and is the normal grey color. When you double click it it gives you a menu of hair color choices.

I

imported_kray2s

its a grey colour from the npc and not white in colour???? - in that case i just realised i have more of them lol

Also if i was to double click the older hair dyes would i still get a menu of colours to die my hair?

I

imported_kray2s

just a side thought,

Any idea what value these old hair dyes currently possess on europa shard?

G

Well it's a very light grey color. You can go buy one for comparison from a hairdresser NPC, they usually hang out at the alchemists shop. I'm pretty sure if you double click the old hairdye bottle it will just dye your hair the color of the bottle - and all old hair dye colors are available on the hair dye menu, so that'd be a big waste. =P

Not sure what they go for on Europa, I imagine 2-3m a bottle.