• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Worth Taming?

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is there a certain intensity rating people don't like to go below for a pet? Also, is there a really easy way that doesn't involve hand-jamming lored pet's to figure out their rating?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Is there a certain intensity rating people don't like to go below for a pet? Also, is there a really easy way that doesn't involve hand-jamming lored pet's to figure out their rating?
It will really depend on the pet and your personal preference. For a lot of pets 60%+ is still really good, 70% being very good, 80%+ being amazing and fairly rare. This changes a bit if the pet can spawn with multiple slots (like a Nightmare), as these will be easier to find higher rated 2 slots, making it not uncommon to land 80-90%+ 2-slot nightmares with enough patience.

As for quickly determining the pet's intensity, you can kind of get a feel for it once you know the spawn range of the pet you are hunting. I actually have a custom UI where I display the intensity and % based on the lore stats. There was some interest to port this rating to Pinco's UI, I just have to put together all the formulas and get them over to Pinco to see if he can put them into his UI. Here is an example of what my UI lore page looks like:

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I would very much be interested in using that, if you all make it available. Thanks for the response.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If it becomes available, please include it in the CC also! Thanks! This is so nice, that it could be and add-on all by itself!

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Speaking of spawn intensity, how much better would a 90% be versus a 60% of the same beast, same spec that was fully trained?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Speaking of spawn intensity, how much better would a 90% be versus a 60% of the same beast, same spec that was fully trained?
that is totally dependent on the animal and their spawn intensity range.

From worst possible to best, a hiryu has a 932 intensity range.

Taking a 18% Hiryu and compare it with a 80% Hiryu (click on links to see the planners for each)

The 80% gets substantially more hit points, stam regen and mana.

In some animals a high intensity can be the difference of having certain specs and abilities, especially if the pet is considered "tight on points" due to innate abilities.. Again, it all depends on the animal.

Now as for a 90% to a 60%, a 90% spawn is most likely impossible on most animals except those that can saw as 2 possible control slots (lesser hiryu, reptalons, nightmares, naja, etc) On animals that always spawn in the same control slot range, again it depends on an animal, but i would shoot for a 65-75 range. Even 80% on a lot of animals would be extremely rare. Unless of course you are a minmaxer to farm for a 76+, a 65-75 will most likely work for your needs.

Last edited:

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
First, thanks for taking the time to answer and provide me with what you've learned. I've noticed that some of the new 2-slot nightmares can be slightly over 100% intensity, will that make much of a different for, say, a chiv/ai nightmare (I linked a 2-slot).

Also, as for legacy mares, are 2-slot legacy mares pretty much always superior to new 2-slot mares?

Attachments

Last edited:

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
With nightmares, it appears there is a little bit of an overlap in the intensity between 2 slot and 3 slot. So long as you're not too picky about the color, it seems to me to be very easy to get one in the 90's and even slightly over 100% (like the one you posted). Or this one, which I tamed last weekend.
VNM stats.PNG

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
With nightmares, it appears there is a little bit of an overlap in the intensity between 2 slot and 3 slot. So long as you're not too picky about the color, it seems to me to be very easy to get one in the 90's and even slightly over 100% (like the one you posted). Or this one, which I tamed last weekend.
View attachment 91708
Very nice. What are you planning on doing with that mare as far as training?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
First, thanks for taking the time to answer and provide me with what you've learned. I've noticed that some of the new 2-slot nightmares can be slightly over 100% intensity, will that make much of a different for, say, a chiv/ai nightmare (I linked a 2-slot).

Also, as for legacy mares, are 2-slot legacy mares pretty much always superior to new 2-slot mares?
The answer to your second question is yes..