• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Worth coming back to the game?

C

Cueball

Hey everyone, I havnt played for 2 years or so now, originally started in 1999, so Ive been around a while, basically I was wondering what UO is like now? Specifically the PvP side of things, and champs/doom whatever is good PvE nowadays, Ive got a 5x120 mage with gm scribe, (Hawkeye, if anyone remembers me) with max sdi/lmc/lrc/dci etc and was wondering if mages can still hold their own in pvp?

Im thinking about reactivating my account but is there much room for someone with very limited playtime? Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yes, it is worth it. Yes, mages still dominate the battlefield, if played correctly. However, you may need to modernize your template a bit in order to become viable. Mysticism is a popular skill at the moment.

P

Pippin Luppin

IMO The game is better now then its ever been and well worth coming back even just to take a peek. The pvp is alil more "balanced" nowa days & 90% of the items are player made. Theres tones to do pve wise & with the high sea's comes a half way point to pvp if the form of boat fights in tram. You can't damage players but can scuttle their boats, It's so much fun youve gotta try it! :ten:

All teh best
Pippin Luppin

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah id say its worth coming back for ya. You probably have enough gold to update armor if you want to. Like the mageweapon that basically everyone uses, and as close to 75 dci as you can (i run with 65) Other than that, yeah the games changed alot, so theres plenty of new things to see and do :) Does take a bit to get used to tho, but still worth it.