• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Worst MMO of All Time

F

Fojos

As for the worst MMO?

Well, WOW for what it has done to the industry. In my opinion, WOW's real fault is not that it made MMO's generic, but that it has focused more on what was wrong with EQ, with out keeping what was right. It focuses, like soooo many MMO's today, on requiring huge time investments to both progress and become "successful."

For what it has done to the industry? If not for WoW, the MMO market would still be almost non-existant in EU & US.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's silly... in real life people *can* kill other people... but the other people can get together and hurt murderers. This sort of social check is what works pretty damn well in the real world and there's no reason it can't work in MMOs.
Nobody except a few troglodytes on messageboards wants to pay $15 per month to play Lynchmob Online.

S

Sabbath

1st place: D&D Online.

No low-end roleplay what so ever. The same quests over and over no matter what class you have. Certain required quests to progress past level barriers. Most quests can't reasonably be done solo. Every group inevitably led by someone that has already done this one 75 times and wants to see how fast they can run through it with 100% kill/loot count.
LOL - you've described my exact experience with DDO so it gets my vote.