• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Word of Death in PvP?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few days ago, I tested the Spellweaving spell "Word of Death" against a guild mate. While against monsters the damage output is immense if the monster is down to 10% health, the damage against players is ridiculous. With 90 Spellweaving I did 5 points of damage.

Has Spellweaving been nerfed? Or is the spell supposed to be used only for PvM? (Which would make Spellweaving pretty useless in PvP)

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was under the impression that Spellweaving was designed specifically for high-end PvM.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once upon a time, WoD was pretty much instant death in PvP.

They nerfed it into oblivion, so WoD is less effective than fireballs against your fellow player.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They nerfed it into oblivion, so WoD is less effective than fireballs against your fellow player.
And I will gladly take it over zero skill archer precasting WoD, and BOOM WoD Armor Ignore owned pure skill!!1111oneoneeleven!1

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once upon a time, WoD was pretty much instant death in PvP.

Yep, that's exactly when I quit PvP. It was undoubtedly one of the dumbest points in UO's PvP history. WoD really has no place in PvP.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few days ago, I tested the Spellweaving spell "Word of Death" against a guild mate. While against monsters the damage output is immense if the monster is down to 10% health, the damage against players is ridiculous. With 90 Spellweaving I did 5 points of damage.

Has Spellweaving been nerfed? Or is the spell supposed to be used only for PvM? (Which would make Spellweaving pretty useless in PvP)
With 120 Spellweaving and a lvl 6 arcane focus, you can do about 35 points of damage with a word of death when the person is below about 20% of health.

When they are full health it does about 20 HP damage.

And yes WoD did need nerfing, but not to the point of oblivion like they did. It should still be able to do at least 45HP of damage. But as usual EA didn't put any thougt into the fix.