• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Word of Death and slayer mage books

• Thread starter imported_Ill Saint
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Ill Saint

Surprisingly, I noticed that with a elemental slayer book, I was hitting the Dark Father much harder than with my scrappers when casting WoD.

With an ele slayer mage book equiped, and Arcane Empowerment on, I hit for 859. With scrappers in the mid / high 700s.

T

Trukx

Interesting, although mage book should have no bearing on weaving damage.

Was this on 1 particular DF or over the serveral during the evening? Ive only ever tagged him for 850+ in the one case......he was disco'd, he was under rune beetle armour corruption and Im fairly certain someone EO'd him.

What kind of SDI do you run?

I

imported_Ill Saint

Yeah, it shouldn't, but from what I'm seeing it clearly does.

The numbers I get are consistent (depending on the focus lvl). When I hit for 859 I was running a lvl 3 focus and Arcane Empowerment on.

As for my SDI, 66 from items (not including scrappers).

It'd be great if someone else can get some numbers going with and without a slayer. I was certainly surprised.

I

imported_Ill Saint

I should note that every once in a while inbetween WoDs, I might hit for 579... so 859, 579, 859. I don't know whether this is a bug or something.

R

Razzputon

Wow how are you guys getting 850+ with Focus 3??

I have SW 120, sdi 88.

With Focus 5, Reaper and Arcane Empowerment on I'm hitting for 715 tops.

What am I missing??

T

Trukx

there are a few other thing that can help:

Disco, Evil Omen and a RuneBeetle that has the mob under Armor Corruption.

A

alyssya

Water Ele Slayer Scrappers + all the other SDI gear + reaper and i hit DF for over 1k...I cant find the screeny but next time I go to Doom Ill pop another for you guys

~A

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your just getting good rolls on the damage is all. Mage slayer books have no bearing on spellweaving. Period. Spellweaving is not magery. Spellbooks and scrappers are for magery. The difference in damage is called resist. And of course other factors such as debuffs on the monster and so forth.

I

imported_Ill Saint

Sorry but no, WoD damage on the Dark Father is consistent. There absolutely is a jump in damage with elemental slayer books. Maybe it's a bug or unintended, I don't know. But it works.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damage on anything in game is never consistant. Every swing or every spell damage hit does different damage amounts every time. PLus wod damage is based on how much health is left on the creature compared to their starting life. Which the hp on each dark father will be different on each spawn.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Damage on anything in game is never consistant. Every swing or every spell damage hit does different damage amounts every time. PLus wod damage is based on how much health is left on the creature compared to their starting life. Which the hp on each dark father will be different on each spawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

WoD is different to the DF it will always do the same amount of damage because the DF has 30/30/30/30/30 in resists every time. WoD does damage to a random elemental resist since his are all the same no difference in damage. The only thing that effects WoD is your SDI. Your arcane circle DOES NOT affect the damage ouput of WoD, a higher circle only allows you to do the max damage output to a creature earlier. The circle allows WoD at a % of a creatures health left:

Circle_____% of life left
6___________30%
5___________25%
4___________20%
3___________15%
2___________10%
1____________5%

Lastly the DF does not spawn with random HP he always has 30K HP.

G

Gruster

I'll also add that I find WOD damage is very consistent once the critters life is below the values you've given. I don't think resists matter at that point. Near death WOD damage on each of the different doom bosses creatures are always the same. Same with the DF as long as I am using a non-elemental slayer. With an elemental slayer, I would say I get mostly 50% more damge with an occasional regular damage number sometimes. I.e., if I normally do 500 damage on the DF with a regular spellbook, I will hit mostly for 750 with an elemental spellbook with only 500 once in awhile.

Lastly, while focus does not directly affect SDI, it does affect arcane empowerment. So cast arcane empowerment with high focus does temporarily increase your sdi and therefore your WOD damage. Add reaper form, grapes of wrath and an elemental spellbook and you will hit the DF for &gt; 1000 damage.

I

imported_Merv_DeGriff

<blockquote><hr>

WoD is different to the DF it will always do the same amount of damage because the DF has 30/30/30/30/30 in resists every time. WoD does damage to a random elemental resist since his are all the same no difference in damage. The only thing that effects WoD is your SDI. Your arcane circle DOES NOT affect the damage ouput of WoD, a higher circle only allows you to do the max damage output to a creature earlier. The circle allows WoD at a % of a creatures health left:

Circle_____% of life left
6___________30%
5___________25%
4___________20%
3___________15%
2___________10%
1____________5%

Lastly the DF does not spawn with random HP he always has 30K HP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead on! WoD is "chaos damage" so it will any resist at random. For all his anoyance, the DF makes a great testbed for that reason.

I

imported_Farsight

Now all I need to see is the evidence of the claims of slayer books working with weaving.

Still too lazy to test it myself. Maybe over the weekend when I can get a team together.