• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Woodland sampire armor

I

ironpino

Hia,

Just got my carpentry skill level to 100 :)

I'm gonna craft myself a new sampire armor set. But I just can't make up my mind what kind of type of wood I need to use, frostwood, bloodwood etc. Any idea about that?

The second question I have is how to get the best gear items, in this order;
1: Craft exceptional item
2: raise durability
3: enhance it
4 imbue it?
or do I need to imbue if before enhancing it?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1- I'd get the woodworking bench... it will pay for itself.
2- it really depends on how much you are willing to spend and how much time you are willing to put into it.

IMO- it's either bloodwood or heartwood.

I

ironpino

good idea about that woodworking bench! will do that.

Looking for about 20 mln to spend on that suit.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
20 mil isn't enough to do the imbue- enhance method with heartwood. Although, it might be enough to do the imbue-enhance method with bloodwood.

Then, you have choices.

1. Make the pieces out of bloodwood. Assuming the only artifact you will be using is Mace and Shields, then that's 5 pieces with HPR2. With +8 in fire, bloodwood really lends itself well to being sampire armor.

Ok.. now that part is over....

2. Heartwood method 1. Make pieces directly out of heartwood, hoping for the resist and mod (DI or HCI) that you want. You'll go through a lot of heartwood that way, and really I wouldn't recommend it.

3. Heartwood method 2. Make the pieces out of regular wood. Get the resist you want. Shoot for at least 5-7 pieces of each armor slot. Enhance with heartwood and hope. with 5-7 pieces, you should get at least 1 if not 2 of a mod you want. If, you aren't going to be imbuing then enhancing, then this is the method I would use.

I

ironpino

Many thanks mate, last question, do I need, or is it better to use a runic saw?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks mate, last question, do I need, or is it better to use a runic saw?
Do NOT use a runic saw, unless you are crafting with Heartwood and feel like playing the lottery. Or you could craft with a runic saw and then try to enhance... hmmm....

Anyway... no, use a regular saw.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will put up pictures of mine later in the week. Use normal wood make a good suit and after imbuing enhance it with blood wood using the forged metal tool.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you use my system you can fit more mods on. Its hard and expensive but it works really well. Additionally depending on how large a suit you have you can get 10 hp regen essentially for free.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Mirt
Is hp regen useful in PvM?
The main idea of enchanting in this case is just to don't loose those few resists points from material, isn't it?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that is a key point, but it really does add up. In this case lets say you imbue fire resist on a piece. If you used blood wood to begin those points are lost. If you do it after it adds. That being said for my suit I have 10hpr. That’s the equivalent of adding in a bracelet of health for free. Additionally it really only cost me $5 from EA. I have to admit that I love those forged metal tools and I plan on buying many more, the next one this Friday. They are just great.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mirt
Is hp regen useful in PvM?
The main idea of enchanting in this case is just to don't loose those few resists points from material, isn't it?
Few points? Few?

Barbed Leather +12 total resist
Valorite Ingots +13 total resist
Bloodwood/Frostwood +18 total resist
Heartwood +16 total resist

Enhancing after imbuing is about saving slots for other things like HPI, SI, MI, MR....ect.

Bloodwood is 3/8/1/3/3 in resist
Woodland Armor 5/3/2/3/2

Just as a base, that's 8/11/3/6/5 over 5 pieces, that's 40/55/15/30/25. Toss in mace and shield glasses, and you are at 65/65/25/40/25. That isn't including the exceptional and arms lore bonus (plus 20).

To get to all 70s, you are looking at 130 points of additional resist needed. If you make 5 pieces and get a perfect spread of points on those pieces of armor, you will only need like 2 imbues to get the suit to all 70s. You are then talking about 23 imbue slots for other properties.

Where if you didn't enhance after imbuing, you are looking at at least 8 imbues for resist.... instead of 2.... that's a HUGE difference. Plus, with wood, you are getting an extra property (except with Frostwood, Frostwood doesn't add any additional property).

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Few points? Few?
Yes. Just few points.
I don't see any sence to compare a post-imbue enchanted armor with a plain board armor. Let's compare it with a pre-imbue (frostwood) enchanted armor. The difference is 4 res points from material which you loose while imbuying. And in both cases you need 3 imbue for resists (if you don't use Vampire form).

To get to all 70s, you are looking at 130 points of additional resist needed. If you make 5 pieces and get a perfect spread of points on those pieces of armor, you will only need like 2 imbues to get the suit to all 70s. You are then talking about 23 imbue slots for other properties.
It's (practically) impossible to make 5 perfect pieces.
Also elfs usually want at least 70/70/70/70/75.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
In this case lets say you imbue fire resist on a piece. If you used blood wood to begin those points are lost.
No no. I don't imbue when I'm so drunk. :)

Are there any reason to imbue fire and loose 8 points when you can imbue cold and loose just 1?