• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Woodland armor enhancing

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I have read that chances of breaking an item from enhancing is mostly linked to intensity of property you are gaining. Which is why 190 luck is such a high break rate.

does this mean that a fully crafted/POF/imbued woodland piece doesn’t stand a super high chance to break When being enhanced with heartwood?

I have crafted woodland pieces with 5 mods but I assume 6 mod pieces are only possible if you enhance as the last step.

is the break rate high enough that you should use a forged arti tool?

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Wi'h 'he 'ear'wood givin a random bonus i' would be a very expensive challenge 'o use 'he tool. I 'ave 'ried enhancin wi'h 'ear'wood on pieces imbued a few years ago. I would say 'he break ra'e was above 90 percen'.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If the enhancement chances are the same as before 2010, the chance to enhance luck approaches 0% success around 130 luck on the base item, regardless of skill used (be it Carp/Tink at 100, Tailor at 120, or even Blacksmith at 180 from holding a +60 ASH).

I have heard of (and seen ONCE, from accidentally targeting the wrong item) something higher than 130 luck survive luck enhancement without a forged metal tool, and those are mostly instances with the Tailor and Smith skills, that get a +1% enhancement bonus for every 10 points over GM. Even that bonus probably is canceled out by negatives for smiths before you get to150 luck being enhanced to 190.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
So given that the tool charge costs 7-10mill per use in gold terms, the 6 mod woodland pieces with either 5% HC or 10Di must be very valuable.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
i was screwing around and it actually was not a horrible rate to enhance all the way at the end of fully POF and imbued pieces

you throw away some pieces for sure, but the cost is not that horrible and the break rate seemed to be 50% or so. i ended up with 10% damage increase gloves without breaking the bank and i did not use a forged artifact charge.

i like gambling to see if i can craft something cheap, but im sure there are those that dont want to waste the time on it.

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
i made a full set of 6 mods woodland armor with each piece having either 10% DI or 5% HCI several years ago, sadly woodland armor became a bit obsolete now because 1. legendary artifact from loot (you can even get both 5%HCI and 5% DCI on the same piece) 2. upgraded doom artifacts 3. no lower mana bonus 4. little to low stamina protection. Overcapped jewelry (20% HCI / DCI and 35% DI) also make the suit easier to make. My set is still good but not the best anymore. To be honest I won't bother making another set of 6 mods woodland armor now.

Crafting skills are not used for crafting anymore but only for repairing and bod filling now.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Woodland armor was meta up through 2013-2014 when the loot tables began to change a bit more drastically. There was a time someone turned down an offer from me of 2p around 2012 for a full-on woodland suit crafted with DI/HCI on all pieces on the grounds it 'wasn't enough'. There are simply too many advantages of using plate/ring or bone/stud legendaries today that Woodland likely won't ever catch up unless there is a major revamp to crafting in the future.