• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wont let me play, unfamiliar error

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Starting patch session...
Transferring patch information
Downloading patch uosa_win32_7-0-3-1.rtp( 519100 bytes )
Downloading patch uosa_win32_7-0-3-1.pat( 13 bytes )
Applying patch patch\uosa_win32_7-0-3-1.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asked my brother and he said he's seen it but it wasn't ever an issue he was still able to play. I don't know what to do though I've reinstalled and it still does this.

I'm running virus free on a macbook with windows 7 installed on a partitioned section of my hardrive.

I've played uo on this machine for weeks now and this hasn't been happening or i haven't noticed.

I'm hoping this a quick fix or something I've done wrong because the machine is perfect and the internet here where i am is perfect as well.

Any insight would be great!
Thank you!
- James

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've looked further into the problem and googled some stuff and i tried to run a trace, but the uo support site link is not working.

http://support.uo.com/tech_0.html

Will this help?

And where do i get this?

Thank you
- James

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First find the patch folder, probably at: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client. If it has anything in it, delete contents and try re-patching.
If it's empty find the file 'patchlog' and open it with notepad. Scroll right to the bottom and it should tell you what file failed to patch.

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First find the patch folder, probably at: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client.
Once i get into the stygain abyss folder in the electronics arts folder it has a ton of files and only one folder for music.
Am i looking for a specific file?

Thank you for your help!
- James

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm, I think that's the enhanced client folder, those patch details are for the classic client?

I have two folders on my hdd one under 'EA Games' which contains the classic client and one under 'Electronic Arts' which contains the enhanced client files.

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its the classic clients folder i downloaded the enhanced to see if it would separate the folders. This is so frustrating lol.

Thank you
- James

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
k, try reading the patchlog file. I'm not sure why you've no patch folder, but the log should tell you something.

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still haven't gotten this to work but i'll keep trying. Thank you for your help. I might just switch over to the enhanced client now its about time i gave it an honest try i've been talking about doing so for a while.

Thank you
- James