• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wondering About Mana

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I was wondering about the merit of high mana on a pet. For example is there really much difference between a pet with 125 and one with 250?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
as a starting stats its not to big of a thing. I mean every lil bit helps... but mostly you want to find a pet that start with the highest HP and str total as you can for that type.. as those are the real points eaters.. at 3 points for 1 hp and 3 points for 1 str.. so 300=100Hp and 300=100str .... while mana is fairly cheap as 1 point = 2 mana 100=200 mana.. If you can find a pet with a decent amount of these in bulk.. that makes for one truly grand 5 slot pet.. =^-^=

Kaneda Ibashi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I was wondering about the merit of high mana on a pet. For example is there really much difference between a pet with 125 and one with 250?
Mana or int?
Int does provide some spell damage inc and from what others have discovered it also provides passive mana regen.
As for mana the more it has the more it can keep tossing its specials and abilities.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mana or int?
Int does provide some spell damage inc and from what others have discovered it also provides passive mana regen.
As for mana the more it has the more it can keep tossing its specials and abilities.
But that is the point i am asking - i know everyone thinks more is better and i agree - but a lot of pets dump in the first few mins of combat and then regen from 50-125 while fighting. I guess my point is on a pet with high regen and 30 mana regen is more than 125 mana really that much of an asset?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I guess my point is on a pet with high regen and 30 mana regen is more than 125 mana really that much of an asset?
If really depends on what you are wanting to hunt and your own personal playstyle. If you will be doing a lot of boss fights.. then yeah, mana higher than 125 is imo mandatory. I have a straight AI Cu and a straight AI Naja and both of them have 30 MR and 1500/800 mana respectively. The Cu burns through the 1500 quicker than the Naja burns through his 800 due to the bleed/heal junk... and both of them run out long before the fight ends, but they do high damage constantly during the first half of the fight... which is my personal goal.. because I am there with WOD to take care of the back half of the fight.