• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Wolf Hunt Winners Announced; Chaos Ensues

Citizens of Britannia,

Let it be known that this author shies from the exaggerations and fabulations that tend to spawn from true events out of a desire to inspire the minds of the reader. No, my friends; this author relies on the truth. Tonight, I shall relate to you the truth of a celebration gone sour.

Had I not witnessed this event with mine own eyes, I would not have believed it. It began, strangely enough, at the end of things. A great hunt had ended and the winners were to be recognized. Little did the sleepy village of North Harbor know, it had provoked a greater enemy.

As Tethran Tarm, the unofficial mayor of North Harbor, called out the winners, a man – no, this was no man – a BEAST stepped out of the forest. He claimed that the forest belonged to “them” and threatened the mayor. Guests were left confused briefly before they were beset by unnatural wolves!

1.png

After dispatching the beasts, guests agreed to follow Tethran Tarm and Jorla Rhosen of North Harbor into the south woods to search for the mysterious man-beast who threatened the guests at the tavern. They were hot on his trail when the wolves attacked again!

3.png

Finally, the group came upon an abandoned woodcutter’s shack. Here was the man they sought. Though he said few words, the man, or Pilkas Varg, claimed the woods belonged to his clan and that the villagers from North Harbor had encroached. Reasoning with such a beast is never possible and it wasn’t long before a battle broke out. We were unaware, however, that Pilkas Varg was the leader of a werewolf clan!

6.png

5.png

After a long and exhausting battle, the fiends lay dead and the ground was soaked in blood. It was a grizzly end for Pilkas Varg and his den of wolves.

9.png

With the werewolf king defeated, the hunting party made its way back to the tavern. Not before whispers of a mysterious onlooker started to circulate though. A strange man watched the entire battle and disappeared shortly afterward. What could this mean?

Mallus.png

Finally, the celebration could begin and the winners of the wolf hunt could be announced:

1st Place – Lord Cauchemar of Vesper

2nd Place – Queen Arya of Toad Town

3rd Place – Lord Ruby Knight of Moonglow

The revelers drank into the evening and were even joined by some special guests who brought a few stories of their own!

11.png

12.png

All is well that ends well, they say, and it appears that for now, all is well in North Harbor.

Veselin Vandevic
Historian of North Harbor

Last edited: