• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

With all of the new Tameables, shouldn't they have added more than 2 stable slots ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Given all of the new tameables, perhaps the 2 extra slots we were given with SA was not enough ?

Releasing old pets, especially when trained up is very hard and if one wanted to bond the new tameables before trying them out perhaps the 2 extra slots might not be enough...

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: With all of the new Tameables, shouldn't they have added more than 2 stable slots

Some tamers agree 2 isn't enough, others think one size should fit all and we should be content with 2 slots.

Personally I'd like more, but it seems unlikely that we'll get another increase. Unless they add a stabling add-on into their online store, which wouldn't surprise me. In fact I'd be more surprised if they didn't pull a stunt like that on us.

So your options are to either get rid of an old pet or make another tamer to hold retired or new pets instead.

Wenchy

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: With all of the new Tameables, shouldn't they have added more than 2 stable slots

So your options are to either get rid of an old pet or make another tamer to hold retired or new pets instead.
Another option would be to soulstone your taming skills to another character. Now you can tame and bond the new pets without having to get rid of any pets or train any skills.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

always more more more, gimme gimme gimme sad really :thumbdown:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well Bardie, we all play the game for different things :)

I actually think tamers have been incredibly unselfish in their demands in this respect.

Wenchy

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

and that's well understood (Well Bardie, we all play the game for different things )...but instead of being grateful that we got 2 extra slots we ask for more? I mean hell i would love having unlimited storage for pets, i just had to release some of my old pets for better/new ones. Also like posted above, put them on another tamer/char if its full...i just think we should be happy that we atleast got what we did IMO

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

I'm happy with 16.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, I call it negotiation lol, and stabling is quite a fundamental requirement for a tamer. Nobody is ungrateful about the extra slots, they're useful. But that doesn't mean we must also feel they're sufficient.

What I want to see is a longer term figure or system, so we aren't pestering the devs a few months later. It took this long before we got 2, so history suggests some of my concern isn't entirely misplaced ;) I'm not planning to quit UO anytime soon, and I don't want 2 accounts full of tamers just to play with the latest pets. Much as I like training tamers, I don't want 3 accounts full of them!

But as far as expectations go? I expect 16 slots will be our limit for a long long time lol. Not so much a dead horse as a pile of bones IMO. I'll leave EA to make their choice on this one, because I don't think we should ever have needed to ask for a stable increase to begin with.

Wenchy

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

and that's well understood (Well Bardie, we all play the game for different things )...but instead of being grateful that we got 2 extra slots we ask for more? I mean hell i would love having unlimited storage for pets, i just had to release some of my old pets for better/new ones. Also like posted above, put them on another tamer/char if its full...i just think we should be happy that we atleast got what we did IMO

You see, all is "relative".........

If the new tameables had been, say, 3, well, then the 2 slots increase would have been plenty.

But when the new tameables are like around 10 well, then 2 more slots look to me inadequate.

Sort of like getting a bycicle to go to the Grocery around the corner is very fine, but wanting to use that same bike to go to the other side of the continent well, seems a whole different story to me....

This is why I think 2 slots are not adequate.

The 14 slots were already a problem before the coming of all of the new Stygian Abyss tameables, I can imagine now, with so many new pets available.....