• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wish for the VvV leaderboard

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Even when I enjoy being in the top 10 VvV players on the leaderboard, I would like to see a monthly status, as it's very hard for a new VvV player or a new VvV guild to be seen on the Leaderboard and we had VvV players, who had not been logged in to the shard for 90+ days, who still show on the leaderboard.

If names and points for non active VvV players do not count it would help alot.

Second, I would like to see rewards for be the top guild and/or the top VvV player of the month, that be the top sigel runner, the top killer or the one with top points for winning towns.

I believe that could bring more to do VvV. Maybe the reward could be a special robe, that would be player bond and only useable the month after the month they won. After that, they would not be able to Wear it but could lock it down as deco.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way VvV scoring works now the points mean nothing. No one knows where the sigils are. People don't bother to fight in towns where you gain kill points. It is all about who will waste the most time camping alters.

Adding rewards on top of this would just be awful.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only time I do any VvV these days is to rack up some points to replace my crimson / war horse.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't seen a map posted yet. Some people must know but they aren't telling.
I imagine lots of people know where they spawn, and with the right skill, others should be able to find them fairly easy. I don't think anyone has posted a map yet because it'll put the thieves in danger at the sigil spots, sometimes its hard enough just to turn them in. If you interested, I can show you some of the spots, but you'll need to come to Siege.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I know some of them too but won't tell everyone :p
No fun if all know, I would hate to see a map with them

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't find it fun running all over looking for something you can't even see. I've tried it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't find it fun running all over looking for something you can't even see. I've tried it.
To many want it easy now. Find a time of the day, with less VvV in town. It is not that hard.

From your own page:

Finding and returning the Sigil The sigil icon at the bottom of the battle status gump will illuminate when the sigil has spawned.
A passive Detecting Hidden skill check will alert the player when they are near the sigil with a message that, “Their keen senses detect something hidden in the area” if a player has at least 80.0% detecting hidden skill.

Players must use detecting hidden and have at least 100.0% stealing to reveal and steal the sigil.
Once the sigil has been acquired it can be returned to either the Priest of Vice or Priest of Virtue.
The sigil is cursed and can be picked up or stolen by other VvV players.

When you find it, mark it on UO Auto Map or what ever map you are using.

If an other Sigel thief in town, maybe put tracking on and follow him around.

I'm so tired of people, who want everything handed to them on a silver plate. A little work to get what you want do not hurt.

Lets say, you found all the places and posted a map on UOGuide, you would make it way to easy to find the sigel runners. You can still find them, just be a little smart, you know where they have to turn in the sigel. Some field spells or a mana spike will unhide him, then kill him and grap the sigel.

Maybe you gave up on VvV without really trying.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know how to find the sigils. The method is absurd. You have to run within a couple tiles of the sigil to get the message. In a huge city like Trinsic or Britain it could take hours. I could not even find one in Skara Brae in the 20 minutes VvV was active.

The developers wanted to shoehorn thieves into VvV and it is just not good. Running aimlessly to find hidden sigils on the ground is such a huge downgrade from stealthing into a base to steal a guarded sigil.

I gave VvV a chance and it is not fun. Saying I gave up punching myself in the face trying to find the fun in it is ridiculous.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You need a friend to show you, where they are. That's what I love with UO, you need your friends.
Trust me, when you get to know where they are, you will love, that your enemies don't know where to look for your sigel runner.
Now I do not have my thief active at the moment but I would feel sorry for the silen runners if all know where to find them as most of them do have very little PvP skills.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you like how it is, that is great. I don't find it fun and apparently a lot of other people don't also. Barely anyone even bothers to post on this forum even when VvV came out.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you like how it is, that is great. I don't find it fun and apparently a lot of other people don't also. Barely anyone even bothers to post on this forum even when VvV came out.
They were probably out looking for the sigils.

I'll be home from work in around 3 hours, can show you around then, if you want.