• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wipe the shard, make it classic.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give everyone here the chance a free char transfer to a prodo shard of thier choice per account with all the items and goldies you can hold. Aloow players to trade their vet rewards and soul stones in for reward choices.

Make rot not apply to magery, archery, crafts, and taming just as it was when the server was created.

Obliterate every facet except t2a and the old britannia.

Replace factions with hero/evil and chaos/order.

Keep the no sell to npcs

Drop 3x vendor prices

Dbl the daily rot caps or make the rot caps per skill rather than a cummulative of all skills like it is now.

Half the rot timers

Allow housing to be placed here on the condition it must be refreshed if not marked as the primary house which of course woudl result in the prodo house dropping.

I would not shed one tear and would happliy re-roll a char here while shfiting as much of my prodo garbage as I could onto another server.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give everyone here the chance a free char transfer to a prodo shard of thier choice per account with all the items and goldies you can hold. Aloow players to trade their vet rewards and soul stones in for reward choices.

Make rot not apply to magery, archery, crafts, and taming just as it was when the server was created.

Keep the no sell to npcs

Drop 3x vendor prices

Dbl the daily rot caps or make the rot caps per skill rather than a cummulative of all skills like it is now.

Half the rot timers

Allow housing to be placed here on the condition it must be refreshed if not marked as the primary house which of course woudl result in the prodo house dropping.

I would not shed one tear and would happliy re-roll a char here while shfiting as much of my prodo garbage as I could onto another server.
Wiping the Siege Perilous will DESTROY IT.
No one should ever come back... here if this happens!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Noobified

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Keep the no sell to npcs

Drop 3x vendor prices

Half the rot timers

BS....:fight:

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiping the Siege Perilous will DESTROY IT.
No one should ever come back... here if this happens!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
Not only would I come back, but I would open accounts back up.

I LOVE the idea of going back to T2A days.

yuckmouth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be totally down for something like this..needs a few tweeks tib, but is a awsome idea.. the only thing I dont like is the char transfer..Instead maybe go with the advanced char token... :thumbup1:

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id be game. The only problem is this wont happen. Since EA says they dont have the old code anymore. Though there are lots of free shards, that have the code.

Id love to see this happen. The new stuff brings a new dimension to the game. Id even consider keeping it, should they ditch ilsh, and SE. Move the garg city (for imbue) to something like heartwood. Lose the new lands. Go back to fel, T2A.

But before that happens, make it so that Luna is razed to the ground over a few weeks like Mag!

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think i would quit
they have this in a free shard if i was gonna play that i would play there

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think i would quit
Lots of reasons not to play free shard vs. an ea run server of the same thing.

You would see alot of current people from prodo come over along with alot of siege vets return. The first six months would be better uo game play than most of you have ever seen; trust me.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be totally down for something like this..needs a few tweeks tib, but is a awsome idea.. the only thing I dont like is the char transfer..Instead maybe go with the advanced char token... :thumbup1:
Oh i ment transfer off siege to a prodo shard before it's wiped so you do not lose your your char and best things.

The only way a wipe would work is if everyone started at the same level of skill and wealth. I do think soulstones woudl bea cool thing to keep but not full ones hence the idea abotu being able to trade them in for acct vet rewards. I have a castle but I'd rather have a full shard of people scrambling for territory and resoruces.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

i think i would quit
Ditto.

It also may be worth mentioning that everyone who plays this shard isn`t a hardcore pvp`r. Theres more to this shard than just pvp. I know I didn`t come here for the pvp action. I like the old school feel of having to watch over your shoulder,keep an eye out for thieves, etc. I don`t like being spoon fed everything in a nice secure lil package like ya get on prod shards.

I know Siege needs some tweaking, but .....

I think a second house on Siege only would go a looooong way in recruitment and staying power. ROT should stay the same except you should be able to get w/e points ya have for that day in all skills,instead of just one. IMO those 2 alone would bring alot of people and those peaple would prolly even stay awhile.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With as many accounts and castles and keeps i have active, i am in no way privy to the thought of losing 50+ million in housing alone...no thanks...

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With as many accounts and castles and keeps i have active, i am in no way privy to the thought of losing 50+ million in housing alone...no thanks...
I understand your pain but if the server continues to be dead sooner or later they will close it down...

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldnt a new shard with these same ideas be sufficient, rather than forcing those who disagree to comply and give up all they've worked for?

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege is Siege.

A classic shard is not Siege.

On A classic shard there should be NO gargoyles, no imbue, no elves, no spellweaving etc. etc.

There would not be ROT on some classic shard. SIEGE has ROT.

One can not have Siege and a classic on the same shard.

Wiping Siege means starting all over again, losing the skills and chrs. whom we do have here, or just quit UO because Siege would be gone.

We can not have our cake and eat it too.

A classic shard is for most of of a PRE AOS or PRE pub. 16, or lost lands sort of UO.........THERE IS NO IMBUING there, no house customising, nothing from any expansions past perhaps the lost lands. I would not mind a classic shard but NOT at the expense of Siege and us and our chrs we built up here simply just being wiped to oblivion in the process.

Siege goes, I go.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I see no reason to wipe the shard to make most of this changes.
If they wipe the shard, to many will never lock back in, I will be one of them I fear.

Alot old Siege vets keep comming back, if you wipe their chars and houses, they will never come back.

It took me 9 years to get my castle, I doubt I will get one again as I'm not a powergamer and the powergamers always win the race.

I would like to see a changes so some kind of refresh of all houses on Siege (once a month) and want the accounts who own them to be paid each month.

This would be a very bad changes as it would be a hel to make a crafter and very expensive. Taming always had RoT as it do not use resources.

That would be one more reason for me to never login again, I like Ter Mur, Abyss, Ishenar.

Instead, we need more events that will switch the actions around the shard. Maybe a rotation of 10 days. One day with Tukono special spawn/loot drop, an other day old Britain dungeons will get the love. One day half of Malas will have a roaming spawn making the place unsecure.
I' sure something like that could help the shard as the players will follow the events days and more fights will happen.

Chaos/Order is fine but hero/evil never worked as it was meant to do, noone wanted to be Heroes and the evils was not really evil as they more become red anti PK's. Just look at TAK, they was protecting innocent and hunting reds. Some called them teddybear evils :)

Keep the no sell to npcs
Drop 3x vendor prices
Half the rot timers
I agree with this

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMFG isn't it obvious yet what EA should do with the game

Allow player developed servers. **** the devs, ppl who love and play UO everyday for the last 12 years know what the players of it enjoy 10x more than the devs have shown.

anyways, production shards are dead, same old game. If they created new servers with different rules and or allowed players to manage servers then i might be interested.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id be game. The only problem is this wont happen. Since EA says they dont have the old code anymore. Though there are lots of free shards, that have the code.
I am completely ignorant of coding or programing. Couldn't you just get what you need though from an old release CD and just not put the updates in place??

U

unknownknowledge

Siege is Siege.

A classic shard is not Siege.

On A classic shard there should be NO gargoyles, no imbue, no elves, no spellweaving etc. etc.

There would not be ROT on some classic shard. SIEGE has ROT.

One can not have Siege and a classic on the same shard.

Wiping Siege means starting all over again, losing the skills and chrs. whom we do have here, or just quit UO because Siege would be gone.

We can not have our cake and eat it too.

A classic shard is for most of of a PRE AOS or PRE pub. 16, or lost lands sort of UO.........THERE IS NO IMBUING there, no house customising, nothing from any expansions past perhaps the lost lands. I would not mind a classic shard but NOT at the expense of Siege and us and our chrs we built up here simply just being wiped to oblivion in the process.

Siege goes, I go.
i agree

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd pass on this too. The past is just that, and I have a hard time believing I would enjoy the old setting. I'm actually pretty happy with the way things are right now, there are changes that need to be made but things are moving in the right direction.

Thats just me.

U

unknownknowledge

Keep the no sell to npcs

Drop 3x vendor prices

Half the rot timers

was thinking about this.... unstead of distroying seige might as well just add a new shard with these settings instead of mess up what we already have

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
was thinking about this.... unstead of distroying seige might as well just add a new shard with these settings instead of mess up what we already have
Agree, leave Siege alone
A new Classic shard will only need dev time to be made, after that, it should never get any update and it should never need any dev time.

Maybe even make it free to play for trial/inaktive accounts with the limit, an trial/inactive account:
Can't own a house, can't be friended/co-owned to a house, only accessed to a house.
Can't have any skills higher than 80, any skills higher will have a temp skill lose until account again is active.
Can't use more than 400 skill points, if the cap is higher than 400 after temp lose of skill over 80, other skills will get temp skill lose, first the one turned down.
They can rent a vendor but fee will be 3xhigher for trial/inactive accounts

We could allow this trial/inactive accounts on Siege too with same rules together with:
No access to use soulstones, if they have soulstones, they can't be used before the account is active again
Only access to Felucca and T2A land.
Can't use/gatherer colored resources
Can't use the BoD system or do quests
I may have forgot something but this could both get life back to Siege and get old players back to UO as paying customers after a while as free but very limit player on the classic shard or on Siege

U

Unsatisfied

Leave seige, the classic shard needs to be a fresh, new shard. No transfers, no shard stones, nothing brought over from this tainted age. CLASSIC tbh I would either want vet rewards removed, or at least tweaked to stop a lot of vet rewards tainting the classic shard.

U

Unsatisfied

Can't own a house, can't be friended/co-owned to a house, only accessed to a house.
Only access to Felucca and T2A land.

There would be no house "access" this is a classic shard... Having to have access to enter a house was a horrible modern addition. Old house system weather customisable or classic.

Fel and t2a only period, would mind if t2a was there or not tbh

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could live with those rules.
I could live without the stuff I've amassed here.
But I don't think I could live with losing all those hours and hours of training I put in to my characters.

U

Unsatisfied

go play a free shard if you want that.
Free shards have fail player admin
failed economy,
donation systems where you can buy yourself skills, items, gold
and countless stupid hand outs for nothing.

Now give me a good reason why I would still play a free shard over an EA classic shard?

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Keep the no sell to npcs

Drop 3x vendor prices

Half the rot timers

you know tibs i think this thread is funny YOU DONT EVEN ACTIVELY PLAY SIEGE YOU PLAY ON ATL NOW SO UNLESS YOU WANNA ACTUALLY PLAY SEIGE ACTIVELY THEN STFU SERIOUSLY ONCE YOU START PLAYING SEIGE AGIAN AND FORGET ABOUT ATL THEN YOU TALK

F

Førsaken

you know tibs i think this thread is funny YOU DONT EVEN ACTIVELY PLAY SIEGE YOU PLAY ON ATL NOW SO UNLESS YOU WANNA ACTUALLY PLAY SEIGE ACTIVELY THEN STFU SERIOUSLY ONCE YOU START PLAYING SEIGE AGIAN AND FORGET ABOUT ATL THEN YOU TALK
:sad3::sad2::sad3::sad2::sad3::sad2::sad3:

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like to craft. I don't know that I would want to rebuild all of those skills.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I would agree to leave Siege alone and create the classic shard on a seperate server.

Course, then Siege would be even more dead...

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO a shard addition would destroy seige's population beyond repair anyhow.

I can see where having to rebuild craftskills could be quite daunting to some people as well as i am building scribe on prodo and it IS a bit of work. Thing is, the successful guilds of early siege worked together well and really supported thier crafters. perhaps a new shard is in order and I have seen it discussed alot on UHALL lately.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL your funny i dont care but he acts like he plays this shard and he dont he plays atl which is where your playing now to isnt it?
EMO much?

I probably played this shard longer than you, even with my 04-08 lay off. I still have signifigant holdings here including over 60 mil real gold, several more mil in various supplies, a castle, a keep, a tower, a char with all craft, taming, mage, dexer skills, and 17-18 soul stones. IMO I have as much vested interest in what goes on here as you. Don't hate on me because I chose to use some of my resources to "branch out".

M

Mitzlplik_SP

IMO a shard addition would destroy seige's population beyond repair anyhow.

I can see where having to rebuild craftskills could be quite daunting to some people as well as i am building scribe on prodo and it IS a bit of work. Thing is, the successful guilds of early siege worked together well and really supported thier crafters. perhaps a new shard is in order and I have seen it discussed alot on UHALL lately.
I think you missed that post by Cal that said:
" For the record we have discussed this, and have not done it for all the reason you are mentioning.

First, we have to respect the players who have invested time and real world money, and virtual blood in their real estate. Merging would be a bit of a nightmare right now ...

Secondly, we have to think of benefit v. pain in something so expansive.

So for right now, in an "off expansion" dev cycle (notice I said Dev Cycle not Year), we are focusing on live and getting our core things fixed to try to drive players toward playing, and activity
. "

- Cal
__________________."

Link to the thread he posted this:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1610602#post1610602

I dunno why everyone continues to cry for a new shard even after its been shot down by the big guy....but whatever,thats typical Uhall. IMO any new shard would signify the end. Existing shards would get smaller. Than after the newness wears off,people would start leaving that new shard out of boredom and it would just end up another dead shard a small amount of people whine about....but nothing gets done. Sound familiar?

I have my opinions of what would make SP more populated,but my opinion is not one of a str8 up pvp`r with only that on thier minds. We need fixes that would attract the pvp`r AND the people who like to support those pvp`rs with crafts and materials. Need to attract those farmers you guys hate so much. Ya know.... people who like to play in dungeons and get gold and items. We need ALL types of players and an environment that supports all playstyles. I mean to me....wiping the shard....starting over with nothing and before anything came out....F that, been there done that. Those were good times,but they are behind us.

I think a couple very small changes (and it ain`t insurance)could help alot. IMHO though,it will never happen since it would require dev time,which we simply will not get.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am completely ignorant of coding or programing. Couldn't you just get what you need though from an old release CD and just not put the updates in place??
The old CD's would have the old client, but not the old server programming.

However, it does not take nearly as much work as they are claiming. The basic engine is still there, and I'm sure there is a development log that would allow them to work backward.

I have been involved in scripting several free shards based on a core engine. It took 3 of us about 4 months to write a T2A era shard - and thats working part time and working only from memory and an old Prima guide.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my two years on Siege this is the slowest it has been.

I have chosen, along with most of my guild to gamble that it will come back and use this time to build skills and wealth.

If Siege does come back then we will be in great shape, if it dies...so be it!

I have well over 100 million and 18 fully developed char on ATL, though a doubt I would play it.

A pre aos free shard is where I would go.

or FULL TILT POKER FTW!

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they opened a classic shard, be it T2A, UO:R, P16 or hell, even AoS I would play it and close all other accounts. I hated Pre:UOR hally hit garbage though, never had much fun in that era, other than the rule set of roaming PK's and Noto guilds.

A classic shard would be fun, but you can't wipe Siege. People have too much invested. I think they could maybe open a shard like that, and for every 120ed skill you get a ball you can click and it will give that character GM in that same skill. As for gold, 20-1 ratio or some such thing. So you have 20m Siege, you get 1m on this new shard.

E

Elmer Fudd

All I wanna know is would I loose my Castle in Yew?????

That would make up my mind....lol

A

A Rev

I would like a pre pub 16, think it was then[pub 16 was when they ruined the invul plate stuff right??] but i would like full fel ruleset.

I never really minded the tram side back then i was a trammy. I still lost suits to players because of the open corpse looting.

Gta be said that was the most fun times for me. Although, if i remember right...wasn't the only way to travel from fel to tram via moonstone?? If so moongates need to be added :)