• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Win great LOOT this weekend: Ingame PvP Tourney

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dor of Sonoma

So, what say you? Going to go for it? It looks to be great fun for all. If I didn't suck, I know I'd be signing up! :-D

Here are a few of the highlights - although you should visit the original announcement for more details:

There Can Be Only One!!!
PotBS Testbed Server PvP Tournament: Saturday May 24, 2008 10:00 am PST
Tournament will be held in single elimination bracket formation using Skirmish System.
This is a chance to show your stuff and win some sweet gear! Try out the new changes for 1.4 and provide feedback to FLS!

Sign up in this thread to participate (Sign-ups for the Tournament end May 24th at 9am PST).

First Place Prize:
256MB RADEON X1650XT Video Card
Pirates of the Burning Sea Map
Pirates of the Burning Sea 30-Day Game Card
Pirates of the Burning Sea Soundtrack and In-game Items (Parrot & Weapon)
Pirates of the Burning Sea T-shirt

Second Place Prize:
Pirates of the Burning Sea Map

Third Place Prize:

Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Place Prizes:

D

Dor of Sonoma

Updated information!

Added to the original announcement:
Level boosting and ship/gear distribution available to those players who need it from 9am to 10am. Make sure to update your Testbed patches ahead of time and plan for time to train at a trainer with your new skills.
Be sure to continue to check that thread for updates, even if you've already signed up :)

D

Dor of Sonoma

The time grows nigh, folks! :-D

Some more info and updates from the sign-up thread - 'though you should still keep checking until start time:
Originally Posted by Myxomor121
im in .. what me to do ??? i dont even have a testbed character ?!?!?!
Well make sure you upload the testbed 1.4.XXX patch and that it's updated. It takes awhile. Then create a character for whatever nation/career you are interested in. Players can recieve a boost to lvl 50 and ships/gear on Saturday from 9am to 10am before the event. Don't forget to take your new skills to a trainer and outfit your boat.
People make sure you download the testserver early! If you haven't been on test recently, it's quite a big patch
yep He is right! It IS a big patch. ALSO.. I have setup a ventrilo server for the event. I will be posting information for ventrilo and preliminary brackets for the tournament tomorrow night. So download a ventrillo client as well if you can. It will ease issues of cross nation chat.
You can get boosted to lvl 50, receive career skills and get ships and outfittings from 9am to 10am before the event. Fraxl and Rhaegar will be onhand to do this and can teleport you as well to Irish Point, if you are not already there. Just don't forget to outfit and train!

D

Dor of Sonoma

Starting in half an hour!

*blows a kiss and waves from the docks*

Good luck to all o' ye who've entered!

D

Dor of Sonoma

And...the winners of today's Testbed PvP Tournament are in!

First place: Garbad the Weak (who was undefeated throughout)
Second place: Craig Hustler
Third place: Calico Jane
Fourth place: Nattalia Le Roche
Fifth place: Klaste
Sixth place: Tenumen
Seventh place: The Rooster

According to comments from the participants, everyone had a great time and lots of fun - and they all want to do it again! We hope that this will be the first of many such events - and that FLS gathered much valuable feedback from the players' experiences in the process. Congratulations to all, and hearty thanks to those whom did all the yeoman's work to make it possible!

D

Dor of Sonoma

Garbad provided us with some additional, interesting information about the winners of yesterday's Test PvP Tournament, including their Class/Ship type/Home server:

First Place
Garbad_the_Weak
Privateer / Intrepid / Rackham

Second Place
Craig Hustler
Naval Officer / Reason + Mercy / Rackham

Third Place
Calico Jane
Buccaneer / Bahamut + MC Capri / Roberts?

Fourth Place
Nattalia Le Roche
Naval Officer / Reason / Blackbeard?

Fifth Place
Klaste
Freetrader / Monte Blanc / Rackham

Sixth Place
Tenumen
Freetrader / Mont Blanc + MC Capri / Rackham

Seventh Place
The Rooster
Naval Officer / Reason / Roberts?