• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will the 3D interface be coming back?

• Thread starter marcusaurelius
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

marcusaurelius

Greetings one and all,
I did a search for this but didn't see an answer. I left UO for a long time and came back last year or so and decided to stay because the 3D interface was very very nice. Since they have taken it away I don't play much at all. I was wondering if the 3D was going to be coming back? This will probably impact my continuing to pay the subscription. I have another MMO I play and, while UO was my first, it isn't my favorite in the 2D mode. I played a lot when the 3D was active, letting the other MMO languish. I am crossing my fingers for the incoming answers. ))

S

Sabbath

Don't leave without trying the Kingdom Reborn client - as a 3d fan you might really enjoy it. It's buggy but it gets patched pretty regularly and has a lot of the feel of the 3d client in that you can zoom in and out and while the containers aren't resizeable, they do come with a "grid" option so you can manage your inventory very easily.

It doesn't work so well on everyone's rig but it might work great for you - give it a shot. Here is the link for the download from UO.com: KR download
If you have any questions just head on over the Stratics KR forums...lots of helpful folks over there. Good luck!