• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will my characters be there if I return?

• Thread starter portcontrol7
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

portcontrol7

Hi,

I cancelled my account about 9 months ago, my house is gone I know that much, but are my characters gone as well? How can I find out, I'd like to return but the idea of starting from scratch sounds lame. I used to play Asheron's Call, and they NEVER deleted characters. Whats the 411?

Thanks.

T

Tazar

Your characters will be there waiting for you - unless you deleted them, or someone hacked your account and deleted them.

There has only been one "Unused character cleanup" in UO and that was back in late '98 or so.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your chars, everything they were wearing or in their backpack, and everything that was in their bankbox will/should be there. The only problems that I've heard from people, is from those that closed the account many many years ago, or those that forgot that they swore they would never return to this game so the deleted all their chars, only to reactivate the account a couple years later.

P

portcontrol7

Thanks, I checked the character checker applet, and I couldn't find my characters there. So I'm guessing this is because they are "inactive" but still on the server?

Thanks.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a certain period of time (30 or 60 days I think), if the char hasn't been logged into, they will no longer be listed on the UO websites guild roster.

D

Dragonchilde

I logged back in after let's see... six years away?

They were there. :) Now, if you had a house or boat placed, that's gone, but everything on your characters and in their banks should be untouched.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged back in after let's see... six years away?

They were there. :) Now, if you had a house or boat placed, that's gone, but everything on your characters and in their banks should be untouched.
Right, that is correct. Additionally as far as the UO website, your character will show there for up to 30 days from the last time you logged in with that character. After that, it will not show. Consequently, just because it doesn't show doesn't mean that character is not available. Just have to log in with the character to have it show.