• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will I get my old characters back if I pay?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played DDO from the day it first went public. I used to have a pay-2-play account. Then I floated away for a while, when I decided to come back to DDO I discovered that it had become "free" to play the game. Well, the gaming system only let me select the characters I wanted to play unless I wanted to pay. Well... now I want my old characters back... If I begin to pay for my account again, will I get my old characters back?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate replying to my own questions/posts... but since DDO questions gather a LOT of dust on the Stratics boards I'm going to make an exception.

I don't know weather or not I'll get my old characters back :sad3: but I did at least find out how much the cost to open the glory days of DDO is. I have pasted a screen-shot for all to see.

Now... If any kind sole out there can tell me... Are my previous characters going to be once again playable? Or are they simply distant memories? :sad3:

______________________________________________ update below.

I thought that I found the *correct* place and option to pay. I need someone do "dumb it down" for me. I fully intended to pay to have all my old characters back. You would think "they" would make it a simple option. Well, once I dropped my money, I indeed did not get what I wanted. *cry* I'll ask again... what "payment option" do I need to click to get all my original characters back? If a Game Developer is reading this... then you are faced with a customer that WANTS to pay, but does not know how. I want to have the characters back that I created at the um, "birth" of DDO. The ones I worked at advancing from the public release of DDO. Please, DUMB it down for me. Again... I'm WANTING and WILLING to pay, but I need you to show me how.

How I miss my old characters. =-(

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I had a vet account I left dormant for a decade at least. Came back and it had been looted of anything worth anything. But what is a pixelated anything worth?